Cleveland Mashie Review

Is offset a bad thing for ddec?

not at all, when I hit the Mashie I had no issues with it at the outing. I was swinging some clubs in my living room last night and my 4 hybrid was one of them. I carry a Fybrid and a Adams A7, the Adams has no offset, the Fybrid has some. Just wondering if it was about the same and I know Hawk played the same hybrid as me.

not at all, when I hit the Mashie I had no issues with it at the outing. I was swinging some clubs in my living room last night and my 4 hybrid was one of them. I carry a Fybrid and a Adams A7, the Adams has no offset, the Fybrid has some. Just wondering if it was about the same and I know Hawk played the same hybrid as me.

ah, I see. I use to own the A7 myself, and imo, the Mashie has slighly more offset, but to me, it's hardly noticeable, but then again, just about everything I play has offset so perhaps I am conditioned to seeing it or something.

ah, I see. I use to own the A7 myself, and imo, the Mashie has slighly more offset, but to me, it's hardly noticeable, but then again, just about everything I play has offset so perhaps I am conditioned to seeing it or something.

yeah it definitely has more than the Adams, just checking on the Fybrid. Like I said offset is not an issue for me. In all honesty is helps more than it hurts

Hawk - sorry if I'm thread skimming

Since I know you used the same 4h that I currently have, in terms of offset did you feel the mashie had more,less, or about the same? The hybrid I am referring to is the Wilson Staff Fybrid 4.

Great review, it's everything I remember it to be!

Thanks ddec. I don't really notice much, if any, difference from the Fybrid when it comes to offset. I can take a picture of the two tonight if you'd like. You may have to remind me, though.

Thanks ddec. I don't really notice much, if any, difference from the Fybrid when it comes to offset. I can take a picture of the two tonight if you'd like. You may have to remind me, though.

that's be cool. I'm pretty sure I will be following in your footsteps when it comes to this hybrid.

that's be cool. I'm pretty sure I will be following in your footsteps when it comes to this hybrid.

It flat out outperformed the Fybrid in every way, ddec. And you know how much I loved that club. It was longer, higher, straighter, and much more versatile on the course.

It flat out outperformed the Fybrid in every way, ddec. And you know how much I loved that club. It was longer, higher, straighter, and much more versatile on the course.

It's flat out performed every hybrid i've ever owned and the list is quite significant:

Nike SQ2, Nike Machspeed, Wilson Fybrid bridge(19.5), Adams A7, Nickent 3DX/4DX, Taylormade Rescue (yes, I have had all of those, I had a problem)

Right, setting aside $200.00 with Golftown's name on it...

I thought it was much better than that club too, I thought the face was hotter, and it definitely launched the ball higher

Before the review, I had it in my mind that I needed a hybrid that looked and acted more like a fairway wood. It was a little bit of an adjustment, but once I started treating the Mashie like it was an iron, it really started to shine. It loves hitting down on the ball, especially out of the rough.

Before the review, I had it in my mind that I needed a hybrid that looked and acted more like a fairway wood. It was a little bit of an adjustment, but once I started treating the Mashie like it was an iron, it really started to shine. It loves hitting down on the ball, especially out of the rough.

Hawk,
do you replace your 19,5* Fybrid with another Mashie (20,5*), too?

Hawk,
do you replace your 19,5 Fybrid with another Mashie (20,5), too?

As of now, no. I'm testing a 5W currently that has taken that slot in my bag. Depending on how that goes, I may (or may not) get another Mashie. If I were to get another one, it would probably be the 18°.

Great Review! I really enjoy reading it...I think you covered all areas. Really appreciated the shaft review also.

Great review Hawk! Definitely one of my favorites. I'll be doing some more Mashie testing at the Outing, and it seems like it will be hard to beat!

Like I said, everybody should definitely give it try. In a perfect world you could take it out on the course. Oh wait, you can do that at the Outing ha!

Like I said, everybody should definitely give it try. In a perfect world you could take it out on the course. Oh wait, you can do that at the Outing ha!

if there's enough to go around haha

Just read the review Hawk, very well done broski. You did well dude, very informative and great summary.

Thats a great review Hawk.

All you guys have me in full-blown Mashie fever, Blind-9 is gonna get my business soon lol.

Hawk, I know you are a Fybrid Bridge-Club carrier like me...with all I've read I really think the 18 and 23 would be an excellent combo as they could cover a gambit of shots for me from the bridge-club all the way to a 5i realistically if I were to choke it down a bit. Your review has just pushed me even further lol.

I'm usually not that big of a cleveland fan. But this looks and sounds pretty nice.

another great review by Hawk. I really want one.

How would this club compare to a Cobra baffler pro?

Back