Woods Back Next Weekend

Interesting banter......clearly, I was the problem here. I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings or be negative about Tiger Woods and his fanboys. I get plenty of crap for being a Lee Westwood fan, I take it on the chin just fine, and I have done so for quite some time. Sorry P4B and Flooder, I was just trying to argue one side, it just happened not to be yours.
Nah dude, it's all good. You like debate, nothing wrong with that. I'd be more than willing to debate the topic out with you just the two of us, but when a bunch of other people start screaming and hollering about this that and the other I just can't sort it all out so I just choose to exit the debate. I brought a lot of it on myself in the first couple of posts so you shouldn't be sorry about a DAM thing brotha.

Just saw this thread. So, does everybody totally think TIGER'S BACK or what?

Hawk, don't you be provoking anything now. :wink:

What? I just wanted to stop by and say to get ready for some DOMINATION fools. Tiger's gonna cause an earthquake with all his fist pumping.

Nah dude, it's all good. You like debate, nothing wrong with that. I'd be more than willing to debate the topic out with you just the two of us, but when a bunch of other people start screaming and hollering about this that and the other I just can't sort it all out so I just choose to exit the debate. I brought a lot of it on myself in the first couple of posts so you shouldn't be sorry about a DAM thing brotha.

Well maybe we should just have a chat room for you two to then huh?

Well maybe we should just have a chat room for you two to then huh?

sounds to me like they need to sit down together & hammer it out at the bar during the buy 1 get 1 drink specials in May

What? I just wanted to stop by and say to get ready for some DOMINATION fools. Tiger's gonna cause an earthquake with all his fist pumping.

lol. Rep given.

What a thread! Pretty incredible how TW brings out a tremendous amount of passion, from both directions. I'm no Tiger the person fan and quite frankly can't understand how anyone can ever trust the persona he portrays in the future. Do I get excited to see what he brings in the way of competition on my tv screen? Damn tooten I do! Will I pick him in a ton of tournaments for my team? heck yes.

What's good for this sport is good for all of us that play it and TW is good for the sport if he brings it. Although some of the new young talent coming up are super exciting to watch.

I would just like to say . . . TIGER'S BACK.

88543f15.jpg

there are no Perkins in Cali, wonder why he picked there...

What a thread! Pretty incredible how TW brings out a tremendous amount of passion, from both directions. I'm no Tiger the person fan and quite frankly can't understand how anyone can ever trust the persona he portrays in the future. Do I get excited to see what he brings in the way of competition on my tv screen? Damn tooten I do! Will I pick him in a ton of tournaments for my team? heck yes.

What's good for this sport is good for all of us that play it and TW is good for the sport if he brings it. Although some of the new young talent coming up are super exciting to watch.

This is a great post.

Going back to predictions. Do you think he wins at Torrey? I mean he has dominated there in his performances in the past. Will he come back and win in the first tournament he plays in the year? Past performance at this course says he will and should right? Anybody have stats on his last 10 finishes in tournaments held at Torrey? I bet they are staggering.

Food for thought - Fan and subjectivity are never said in the same sentence. This is not a knock on anybody here nor is it being said to create a debate or argument. But the word fan was created for a reason, and just because people do not root for the same person for whatever reason does not mean it is personal, attacking, or anything else. It certainly can be, but does not have to be and certainly some of these conversations should be able to be held in a subjective manner right? We all do it with equipment I believe, so it should be no different when discussing the tours.

QTT (Quoting the truth... I think that's what it means). I'm not sure. I hope he wins haha. My thoughts would be he comes back ready to lay some big hits and if he doesn't Ill have the "it's his first tourney of 2011" thought to fall back on.

Going back to predictions. Do you think he wins at Torrey? I mean he has dominated there in his performances in the past. Will he come back and win in the first tournament he plays in the year? Past performance at this course says he will and should right? Anybody have stats on his last 10 finishes in tournaments held at Torrey? I bet they are staggering.

Food for thought - Fan and subjectivity are never said in the same sentence. This is not a knock on anybody here nor is it being said to create a debate or argument. But the word fan was created for a reason, and just because people do not root for the same person for whatever reason does not mean it is personal, attacking, or anything else. It certainly can be, but does not have to be and certainly some of these conversations should be able to be held in a subjective manner right? We all do it with equipment I believe, so it should be no different when discussing the tours.

I'm expecting him to be very strong at Torry and very good chance to win, but then again look at my current standings in the Hope and you can see what I know, lol.

I predict a solid finish between 10th and 20th. Mediocre putting will remain the strength of his game.

"Milk was bad a choice."

Kevin

Joking aside, I think he will do very well at Torrey. Top 10 for sure.

First of all, Anchorman is one of my favorite movies of all time, I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now! Someone already posted my favorite line, about the whole wheel of cheese! So I'll pick the best exchange from the movie:
Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.
Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

In terms of Tiger....if he gets in contention next week (which I think he will).....the line "Boy, that escalated quickly" will probably describe the tournament thread on this forum!

Win? Man its hard to predict that with the field being so deep, but iirc there is a pretty big event being played elsewhere, not sure if that is the same week as Torrey next week or not. I'll say yes Tiger is going to win. We'll see if it happens of not I guess.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Win? Man its hard to predict that with the field being so deep, but iirc there is a pretty big event being played elsewhere, not sure if that is the same week as Torrey next week or not. I'll say yes Tiger is going to win. We'll see if it happens of not I guess.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Correction, looks like the big event I was thinking is this week in Abu Dhabi, the HSBC but yeah I'll still take Tiger next week, why not?

I think Tiger's got a very good chance of winning next week. He's had time to groove his new swing and torrey has always been kind to him. Would love to see him in contention with phil and some of the youngers guys.

Kinda hoping Woods puts in a good showing. I'm on the side that golf's a lot more interesting when he's just kicking butt.

DJ and Westwood had some pretty good showings last season, but without a dominant Woods it might as well be a lotto on who wins...and many of them aren't very interesting.

Listen I'm going to be the 1st to tell you. I like Tiger Woods. I like him as a golfer, and although he has made mistakes in the past, I forgive him for his stuff. You have to admit, he is one of the best to ever play the game. How many current players can you say that about? Phil, maybe. That's it. I enjoy watching Tiger Woods because right now, he is the best player of my lifetime. I do like the fact though that people are challenging Tiger. Anybody winning a tournament by 10 strokes is boring. I look forward to watching these new challenges for Tiger. Do I hope Tiger wins in 2011? Of course, because it's good for the sport. It gets more people interested and watching the sport.

Listen I'm going to be the 1st to tell you. I like Tiger Woods. I like him as a golfer, and although he has made mistakes in the past, I forgive him for his stuff. You have to admit, he is one of the best to ever play the game. How many current players can you say that about? Phil, maybe. That's it. I enjoy watching Tiger Woods because right now, he is the best player of my lifetime. I do like the fact though that people are challenging Tiger. Anybody winning a tournament by 10 strokes is boring. I look forward to watching these new challenges for Tiger. Do I hope Tiger wins in 2011? Of course, because it's good for the sport. It gets more people interested and watching the sport.
Beautiful post my friend! Rep added. You seem to get it, like me. Or at least I like to think I get it.

Back