Nike Method Core Putters

Yeah, I saw that Nike said that, and that Dusek put it out there, but I am just so confused by their marketing. They marketed the Method as reducing backspin to create a faster forward roll and now they are putting out the CORE that also decreases backspin which in turn would increase forward roll. But just not as much? Does that mean one has to pay more to get faster forward roll? hehe

HEHEHE...thats what it sounds like...

Im loving the center shafted CORE though, I think that should've been released in the original line. Nike has definitely put out some great equipment. JB, off topic, but if you go on Nike.com and click on the Compression Channel video, you hear Tiger say the original channel sometimes flexed too much, but majority of their stable still games the original VR Tour

Yeah, I saw that Nike said that, and that Dusek put it out there, but I am just so confused by their marketing. They marketed the Method as reducing backspin to create a faster forward roll and now they are putting out the CORE that also decreases backspin which in turn would increase forward roll. But just not as much? Does that mean one has to pay more to get faster forward roll? hehe

sounds like a bunch of marketing hoohah to me. Of course they're going to say that they're most expensive putter rolls the ball better than the lower priced one. I love my method 001, but find it hard to believe that a putter with the same technology as the higher priced one wouldnt roll the ball just as well.

sounds like a bunch of marketing hoohah to me. Of course they're going to say that they're most expensive putter rolls the ball better than the lower priced one. I love my method 001, but find it hard to believe that a putter with the same technology as the higher priced one wouldnt roll the ball just as well.

I disagree, if something isn't made the exact same materials it has to be different, even if its just the slightest difference. You dont think the made for shafts that come in clubs are as good as the "real thing" do you?

I really like the looks of this putter. ALso, i think there might be a new premium putter to compete with the Scottys and such. But, that's just me.

Nice addition. I have not been able to roll the original method, only some of nike's olders stuff which was.... yeah. Looks ike a good way to combat Odyssey for the mid-range insert putter market.

With these and the everclear I'm a little confused. Granted there is $40 difference between the lines but still that's two lines that are close in price, if the core proves to be much better wouldn't it make sense to spend a little more and get a better putter, or vice versa and save the $40?

If the core is a hit I think the method line will undergo a revamp and relaunch soon to capitalize on the tiger switch though, that's about the only way I see Nike staying in the higher end putter line.

Looks good. I'm definetly in the market for a new putter this year too.

I'm just wondering what the full mallet will look like. I love me some insert mallet putters but It'll be hard to beat the ghost.

If the core is a hit I think the method line will undergo a revamp and relaunch soon to capitalize on the tiger switch though, that's about the only way I see Nike staying in the higher end putter line.

Tiger is back to the Scotty Cameron...at least for the first two rounds at TP.

Boy am I late to the party. I didn't know about the Method's NEW lower price point. Boy the people who sheleld out $250 for last year's model can't be happy about that.
Suddenly I'm gonna have to try one of these bad boys out. At around $130, they probably wont be locked up in the glass cabinet any more. I hate when the Salesman gets a snooty about wanting to try something from behind the glass case.

I had a clerk give me a similar look when I asked to see a classic Paul Reed Smith electric guitar. I played Stairway to Heaven in his face.

Ya I'm with you, the price is great and I have been looking at the core 5i in lefty, i'm really hoping its at the outing.

Ya I'm with you, the price is great and I have been looking at the core 5i in lefty, i'm really hoping its at the outing.

Hey cool, make a request for whatever putter(s) you'd like to see at the demo day in the demo day thread. That's what I do bro.

Hey cool, make a request for whatever putter(s) you'd like to see at the demo day in the demo day thread. That's what I do bro.

I thought it had already been requested but I will add it in there.

I tried out the new method core a couple days ago and I like it better than the original method, plus it has a great price! I love my Scotty but I am considering picking one of these up as a back-up in case I end up going somewhere with slowere greens and need something to help get the ball rolling better. I only got to try the Method Core on one of those small practice greens at my local golf shop, but I would be very interested in trying one out on an actual putting green and trying some longer putts. I especially like the finish on the new models, I think it will help reduce glare. I am still waiting to see what the price point is going to be on a black Never Compromise Gambler before I pull the trigger on one of these.

Definitely dig the looks of the Method Core at address over my current Method. I think for those wanting an insert putter this might be a great option. It feels like the ball comes off the putter face the same (initial roll) as the original Method but doesn't come off as hot to me. I loved the Mallet version I was able to try. I saw some place have this at $155 and another at $130.

I had a chance to roll these this weekend and came away very impressed. the putting green I was on was not very good, but this putter felt great off the face. It also seemed to be weighted very nicely

I got to see one of these this weekend at my local shop. I really liked the feel on the mallet putter, and I don't even like mallets. For the price Nike is offering these for, I don't know if you can beat it. I'm still going to stick with my Ping, but for anyone looking for a superb putter I'd reccomend this. It had great feel on the short and long putts I was hitting at the shop.

I am a big fan of center-shafted putters and was immediately drawn to the MC-4i model. I rolled a few at Golf Galaxy and liked how it felt.

Obviously an indoor putting green is not the real thing, but I am intrigued.

I have a current method 001 and I love it. I got it as an alternative to my Cleveland classic BRZ and I have not switched since I put it in the bag. I am interested in seeing what the difference is between the two and how the feel varies. Unfortunately it is still only 35* here in WI and there are VERY few courses that are open so I will have to wait to try it out on grass but look forward to it.

Boo, Safari crashed and took away my original post. Got to try these putters out finally at Dicks and another golf shop in Champaign today. I started with the mc-1 and really like the way this putter performed, I figured with an insert the putter would feel soft and I'd have trouble with distance (I was with another insert putter) but the contact with the ball was solid and I got a lot of good feedback from the putter. Next I went to the other golf shop that has a bigger putting green and the other Method models. There I tried the mc-4 as this is something I was really interested in, I currently place a malllet and was thinking the center shaft would help me with the alignment issues I sometimes have. This putter and I however did not get along the face felt the same as the mc-1 but my alignment was off and I just could not consistantly hit the ball where I thought I was aiming the putter. I tried the mc-2 next for a couple of putts and it felt quite a lot like the mc-1 so I grabbed the mc-1 again and put it head to head against some of the other putters I had been testing.

Overall the Nike Method Core MC-1 really impressed me I holed more putts with this putter then any other putter I was testing today, speed felt right on both long and short puts and I could align this putter just as well as some of the other putters with more advanced alignment aids. As of right now this is the putter I'm looking at and if I can test this either out on the course or on a putting green and get the same results I think I've found my new putter.

I am a big fan of center-shafted putters and was immediately drawn to the MC-4i model. I rolled a few at Golf Galaxy and liked how it felt.

Obviously an indoor putting green is not the real thing, but I am intrigued.

I am wanting to get one of these as well...saw some for great prices on EBAY

This club is really great. It's ranks up with the New TM Ghost putters. The Nike Core face really surprised me. I know there is a thread about both, but I would love to see a head to head review considering they are the same type of quality putter in the same price range.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

So I went to my local shop to roll the Method Core again and it's an amazing putter. After rolling it side by side compared to the TM Ghost I'd have to say I would go with the Core. I fell in love with the Daytona Ghost when I rolled it at the Kingdom and I was almost 100% I was going to buy one. I gave it some time and thought and decided to head to my local shop and roll them both side my side. Needless to say the Core won out. The Core is not too soft, not too hard; it's just right. I felt the Ghost's titallium insert was a smidge to soft for my liking.

Back