2011 Cobra S3 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These just arrived at THP for review and we wanted to get some in hand pictures up for everybody before we begin testing.

1162583704_jMASc-L-1.jpg

1162583976_HPCk5-L-1.jpg

1162584219_Hu9yB-L-1.jpg

1162584439_pURQm-L-1.jpg

1162584642_5NWjG-L-1.jpg

1162584865_iwhUt-L-1.jpg

Looks good! Ole Gray will be itching to try this one out!!

another driver with the Blur shaft in it. The face looks kind of odd, but that doesn't mean a thing if it fires straight missals. Some of the Cobra stuff for 2011 looks pretty nice.

Looks like a really high face on that. I don't know much about Blur shafts but I'm anxious to see what the thoughts are on this stick.

I like the looks of this as well. Who makes the BLUR shaft?

Good looking driver for sure. The face seems really different to me, but I'm sure there is a reason for it.

I love the colour of the crown.
I'd game it... pending the review from JB.

• Admin
I love the colour of the crown.
I'd game it... pending the review from JB.

I love the crown too. At first I was a little nervous about glare with it, but I dont think it will be an issue.

Another Blur eh? Interesting.

the face looks funny with no grooves around the impact area.

is that crown showing the 'guts' of the driver or is that purely a cosmetic feature?
I love the crown too. At first I was a little nervous about glare with it, but I dont think it will be an issue.

is that crown showing the 'guts' of the driver or is that purely a cosmetic feature?

I believe that's a reflection of JB's windows.

I look at it more of just a glitter type of finish. Like some auto paint jobs.

EDIT: Yes that is the reflection from the photos that show our pool and glass wall there.

Can't wait to hear more about this one. Hopefully it's a bomber like the S2.

Doesn't look to bad at all. The face does look a bit strange with the grooves the way they are. Is it a "made for" shaft or is this the real Blur shaft?

EDIT: Yes that is the reflection from the photos that show our pool and glass wall there.

For a moment there, I'd thought they'd invented Transparent Aluminum [Startrek IV anyone? heh]

clearly I need my eyes re-lasered...I thought that was a 'window' to the guts of the clubb since that reflection appeared in multiple pics. I didn't look at it closely enough ugh

Doesn't look to bad at all. The face does look a bit strange with the grooves the way they are. Is it a "made for" shaft or is this the real Blur shaft?

I do not know for sure, but I believe it is a shaft designed for Cobra.

But I did notice the Blur has 5.5* of torque. So I would say in this shaft, golfers with fast tempo or SS might want a fitting. However we recommend a fitting for everybody of course.

I do not know for sure, but I believe it is a shaft designed for Cobra.

But I did notice the Blur has 5.5* of torque. So I would say in this shaft, golfers with fast tempo or SS might want a fitting. However we recommend a fitting for everybody of course.

Great info, thanks JB.

Really nice looking crown on this one. Cobra stuff is looking pretty good this year. But its looked good before too and still didnt make it in my bag. How long before Ol Gray bags this guy?

There is some cool tech behind this one.

another driver with the Blur shaft in it. The face looks kind of odd, but that doesn't mean a thing if it fires straight missals. Some of the Cobra stuff for 2011 looks pretty nice.

Yea I thought the same thing with the club face when I saw it.

The S3 Max looks kinda neat - a pretty stylish version of what my driver does.

I'd hit it! I think the driver looks good, but I thought the blacked out S2 looked super sick! Is Ole Gray still passed out on the floor?

Back