2011 Cobra S3 Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These just arrived for review and we wanted to get some in hand pictures up before we start abusing them during testing. First impression is a very nice looking iron.

1162586001_qEmfY-L-1.jpg

1162586159_tonca-L-1.jpg

1162586804_7nYLW-L-1.jpg

1162587011_GXhZL-L-1.jpg

1162586566_7FygQ-L-1.jpg

1162586366_z7kdW-L-1.jpg

These are very nice looking. Not my favorite in the looks department, but I wouldnt throw them out of bed

from the top I think they resemble the burner 2.0's. This makes me wonder what golf4life ordered from his 2011 cobra catalog

I am not a huge fan of the yellow but I do think it's a nice design.

+1, I don't think their ugly by any means, I just don't like the yellow.

• Admin
It is Cobra, so when it comes to their GI irons, I kind of expected the yellow.

they did try using blue for a few years with the FP lines. I don't mind the yellow

I did too! I think the only other color I remember Cobra using is red

The yellow isn't so bad and I could get used to that. No worse than the orange of the x24's but I do think that it looks a lot like the 2.0 two tone finish

The yellow isn't so bad and I could get used to that. No worse than the orange of the x24's but I do think that it looks a lot like the 2.0 two tone finish

I like orange, but that could be because I am partial to that color based on the college I went to, but the yellow is just meh to me.

I kind of wish the paintfill was something simple like white. They did the limited edition white driver so I can see white.

I know I am in the minority, but I just dont think too much about what color scheme is in there. I mean I know when I love something looks wise and know when its just "eh", but it never means too much to me. Nothing wrong with that at all because with what irons cost, I think people should be in love with every aspect of course.

good call with white, that would look real nice with some yellow accents perhaps.
I like orange, but that could be because I am partial to that color based on the college I went to, but the yellow is just meh to me.

I kind of wish the paintfill was something simple like white. They did the limited edition white driver so I can see white.

Interesting the club number is on the toe, how's that work in the bag, easily seen?

I prefer the colour scheme on the back of my SZ's but these are better looking irons I think.

[edit]: I found the price on GolfTown's website.

Look at all this nice fancy stuff from Cobra. Too bad they are bleeding tour pros.

Look good to me. Enjoy your testing!

I like them too. Nothing wrong with those. How are they lofted JB? Are they more normal, or are they more aggressively lofted like the 2.0s or CG16s?

Interesting they seem to have minimal offset but a pretty thick top line. Are all of those pictures the 8 iron JB? I think its a nice looking stick.

Interesting they seem to have minimal offset but a pretty thick top line. Are all of those pictures the 8 iron JB? I think its a nice looking stick.

Yes, I was too lazy to take the plastic off all of them...hehe

Not usually a fan of irons that have alot going on in the cavity, but these arent too bad. I likem

looking forward to hitting these at the outing

Yes, I was too lazy to take the plastic off all of them...hehe

lol no worries. I was just wondering if the picture from the top was still the 8 iron. Am I seeing that minimal offset or is there more then that? What are these classified as SGI or GI?

lol no worries. I was just wondering if the picture from the top was still the 8 iron. Am I seeing that minimal offset or is there more then that? What are these classified as SGI or GI?

I would say GI. I also think at some point that is a great discussion because with the mass amounts of quality clubs coming out from OEMs (the companies, not clones of you), the lines between SGI, GI, GE, etc have all been blurred quite a bit.

Back