Westwood shuns Players Championship

But it sounds like you expect the world number one to start the tournament at number one and never drop a shot on the field throughout the tournament?

Sounds like Tiger has us spoiled in recent years, lol

EDIT: Beaten

You know, you're right. Out of character, he struggled with the big stick today, and shot 3 under. To me, and to the commentary team I was hearing, that was an ominous sign for the rest of the field if he sorts it out on the range tonight. But it sounds like you expect the world number one to start the tournament at number one and never drop a shot on the field throughout the tournament?

Actually not at all, It's just fun to bag on the guy. I really can't justify his being #1 and his play seem's to back that up so far, but hope I'm wrong. The #1 player should be pretty solid?

Actually not at all, It's just fun to bag on the guy. I really can't justify his being #1 and his play seem's to back that up so far, but hope I'm wrong. The #1 player should be pretty solid?

There's got to be someone to bag on, I guess. Makes it more fun to watch.

Have you actually followed Westwood's results that got him to no1? He can be critised for not winning enough to get there, for not closing out tourneys, but I don't think you could claim that he's not a solid performer.

There's got to be someone to bag on, I guess. Makes it more fun to watch.

Have you actually followed Westwood's results that got him to no1? He can be critised for not winning enough to get there, for not closing out tourneys, but I don't think you could claim that he's not a solid performer.

I honestly can't claim to have followed him closely. He seem's to stay in the pack well without winning the big dance. Day in day out I like others on the Euro tour more and it's some what a personal thing. I was a bit the same with Tiger when he got smug!

I honestly can't claim to have followed him closely. He seem's to stay in the pack well without winning the big dance. Day in day out I like others on the Euro tour more and it's some what a personal thing. I was a bit the same with Tiger when he got smug!

I understand where you're coming from. I tend to have a better time supporting the underdog against the big guy too.

Lee's not won enough to totally justify no1 in my opinion, but there's no doubt for me that he's the most consistent performer out there in the last 2 years.

Personally I dont think its either. The best line of that entire article is this...

"I've said I will support the European Tour, so I am going to Asia."

I agree JB, this line definitely gave me a good chuckle.

I understand where you're coming from. I tend to have a better time supporting the underdog against the big guy too.

Lee's not won enough to totally justify no1 in my opinion, but there's no doubt for me that he's the most consistent performer out there in the last 2 years.

I would guess you must root against Westtooth then huh? Hes the big guy in many fashions...hehe.

I was actually a much bigger fan of his until he started opening his mouth, (not a tooth remark, lol). If and when he dominates something this year and starts showing us some of those super shots that only he has in the bag, then I'll agree that he's number one for a reason.

I have a tendency to pull for an underdog, but I think the tour's, (both), need superstars.

I would guess you must root against Westtooth then huh? Hes the big guy in many fashions...hehe.

He's a hunk a hunk a burnin wood. An irresistible force. How can you root against that winning smile?

He's a hunk a hunk a burnin wood. An irresistible force. How can you root against that winning smile?

So what you meant was that you root for the underdog as long as its a Euro. And when the favorite is a Euro, you do that too....hehe :act-up:

So what you meant was that you root for the underdog as long as its a Euro. And when the favorite is a Euro, you do that too....hehe :act-up:

Absolutely. I'll second guess myself, contradict myself and generally flip-flop with my opinions until I appear to be on the right side of any argument.

I'm going outside in a minute, to measure Europe, and come back with a 'per square yard' argument. Any chance?

Absolutely. I'll second guess myself, contradict myself and generally flip-flop with my opinions until I appear to be on the right side of any argument.

I'm going outside in a minute, to measure Europe, and come back with a 'per square yard' argument. Any chance?

I love it when you are active in the forum! One of these days, you must make it to an outing!

I love it when you are active in the forum! One of these days, you must make it to an outing!

No doubt and we could measure Florida while your here.

How are you going to get an accurate reading in those funny Euro skinny jeans?? hehe

Just looking for another 10 Euros to team up with myself and Lee, then we'll be right over! :D

Used up all my exemptions on a trip to Vegas and NY this year unfortunately, and comitted the rest of my season to Europe. Next year maybe I could pitch the idea of a holiday that coincides with the outing. That would be sweeeeeet.

Just looking for another 10 Euros to team up with myself and Lee, then we'll be right over! :D

Used up all my exemptions on a trip to Vegas and NY this year unfortunately, and comitted the rest of my season to Europe. Next year maybe I could pitch the idea of a holiday that coincides with the outing. That would be sweeeeeet.

Haha....

No doubt and we could measure Florida while your here.

Only if we can use cocktail glasses end to end to measure the place! :D

How are you going to get an accurate reading in those funny Euro skinny jeans?? hehe

There's an intricate system of pulleys and levers I employ to get into them in the first place, so I'll need to come up with something that allows me to bend my legs.

We should start a campaign to have Westwood model a pair of skinny jeans at a tourney. Although they would just be regular jeans I guess, and we'd have to find somewhere selling white jeans.

There's an intricate system of pulleys and levers I employ to get into them in the first place, so I'll need to come up with something that allows me to bend my legs.

We should start a campaign to have Westwood model a pair of skinny jeans at a tourney. Although they would just be regular jeans I guess, and we'd have to find somewhere selling white jeans.

You work the Euro angle and we'll see if we can get FLTC to rock the Euro skinny jeans at the THP outing in the name of Westwood lovers all over Europe. Pictures will be taken.

You work the Euro angle and we'll see if we can get FLTC to rock the Euro skinny jeans at the THP outing in the name of Westwood lovers all over Europe. Pictures will be taken.

We'll have to crop his picture if you want him posted side by side with Westy.

We'll have to crop his picture if you want him posted side by side with Westy.

Im more worried about how we get him into skinny jeans at the iBar. It might require a whole slew of emails and donations. lmao Hawk.

I find that a nice tube of vasoline helps as well- though bacon grease can work in a pinch as long as you let it cool a little bit. Fresh fried bacon grease and giblits don't go together too well

Tapatalk- for when work is not enough...

Im more worried about how we get him into skinny jeans at the iBar. It might require a whole slew of emails and donations. lmao Hawk.

and vasoline? :D

Lets face it, the more he plays on the euro tour, the more likely it is for him to rack up top 10s, top 5s, and wins. Smart businessman, weak state of mind as a competitor IMO

There might be just as many donations to keep him OUT of skinny jeans...

Tapatalk- for when work is not enough...

Back