Oh Captain, My Captain

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
This is a press release from Bridgestone Golf

OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN: BRIDGESTONE CONGRATULATES DAVIS LOVE III ON BEING SELECTED TO LEAD 2012 U.S. RYDER CUP TEAM

Covington, GA. — Earlier today, the PGA of America announced that the newest Bridgestone Tour Team member, Davis Love III, had been chosen as United States Captain for the 2012 Ryder Cup at Medinah Country Club. The biennial battle between the best golfers on the PGA TOUR and the best of the European Tour will take place on the hallowed grounds just outside Chicago, in September of 2012.

With 20 victories on the PGA Tour over a 22 year period, Love is one of only four players under the age of 50 to earn the coveted lifetime Tour exemption. His career is highlighted by a major championship win at the 1997 PGA Championship, two Players Championship victories in 1992 and 2003 and membership on six Ryder Cup teams. In his career, Love earned 11.5 points for the U.S. during the Ryder Cup competition, with an impessive 3-1-2 record in Sunday singles matches. Love joins Fred Couples as the two Bridgestone Tour Team members who have been selected as captain for either of golf’s two most prestigious international team competitions (Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup).

“We’re very proud to have Davis as part of our Tour Team, and this incredible honor is just another tribute to the tenacity and sportsmanship he has demonstrated as a competitor throughout his entire career,” said Dan Murphy, Vice President of Marketing - Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “We know Davis will do the United States proud and we at Bridgestone stand ready and willing to help any way we can during his captaincy.”

DavisLove.jpg

Thanks Jake! I think he'll do a great job.

Thanks for the news

That's cool, just saw that in a pga.com email too.

This is great for Bridgestone and DL3. Here is a question for everyone. Is Davis Love III, a hall of famer? I have no doubt that he will be in the golf hall of fame but in your mind is he one of the best of the best?

meh...

I'm a huge fan of his a ready for some booty whippin on those boy's, lol. Thanks P4B.

He's respected by the young hot-shots. He's a smart player on the course. Hopefully he can spin those attributes into a successful stint in the captain's chair.

Back