Love III picked to lead Team USA

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
Six-time Ryder Cup veteran Davis Love III was introduced Thursday as captain of the 2012 United States Ryder Cup. Love will lead Team USA against Team Europe and their new captain, Jose Maria Olazabel, at Medinah Country Club outside of Chicago.

http://www.rydercup.com/2012/usa/

Nice to see hes taking a less-serious, less-military style to the RC. I heard Pavin was uptight and intense

We have seen this coming for a long time. Good for DL3

Nice to see hes taking a less-serious, less-military style to the RC. I heard Pavin was uptight and intense

Definitely less intense from a media standpoint, started presser with self depricating sense of humor about the world not already knowing and how he needed to tweet the breaking news. Doesn't mean he isn't going to be intensely passionate or competative though.

A great pick for Captain. I think he'll get the job done.

I think he will be a mix between Azinger and Pavin. I think he is the right guy for the job.

Great choice for team USA. DL3 will be a fair, but passionate leader. A great influence in the team room, respected in the game worldwide. He's been there, done it and knows what it's all about. He'll pick guys who can handle the occasion and respond to the pressure, and overall, will be totally gracious in defeat.

Great choice for team USA. DL3 will be a fair, but passionate leader. A great influence in the team room, respected in the game worldwide. He's been there, done it and knows what it's all about. He'll pick guys who can handle the occasion and respond to the pressure, and overall, will be totally gracious in defeat.

LOL you had to throw that last line in there didn't you?

Ollie will steamroll him. Never too early to start the trashtalk!

I like this pick a lot. Plus I think the clothes DLIII puts together will be nice.

I've been a DLIII fan for quite a while. I think he's an excellent choice.

USA, USA, USA!!!

Can an rc captain play his way on?

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

I'm probably one of the biggest DLIII fans here and while I wish with all my heart that he would be able to do that, I just don't see that happening. He said it himself in his press conference, the guys on the team need to be able to sink the must make putts when it matters most.

The past few years, heck most of his career, if there is one part his game that leaves him when under the most pressure it's his putting. Every Sunday, I'm screaming at my TV, GET IN THE HOLE and then sigh and say under my breath "Can you just pick up the phone and call Fax or Stockton, PLEASE". He just seems to always manage to leave them a little short.

But then who knows, maybe now he is playing a ball and a club he seems to really be behind, which I don't know was 100% the case the last two years, maybe he will find the same lightening Jack found in 1986 for the next 18 months.

All I know, is we have the right guy at the helm.

Can an rc captain play his way on?

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

He could, and he could also name himself as a Captain's pick.

He could, and he could also name himself as a Captain's pick.

Jeff Rude asked him the original question about playing on the team and followed up with the "would you name yourself as pick" question and DLIII said he would either play his way on in the top 8 but would NEVER name himself

Jeff Rude asked him the original question about playing on the team and followed up with the "would you name yourself as pick" question and DLIII said he would either play his way on in the top 8 but would NEVER name himself

I wouldn't think so either. Just saying a Ryder Cup captain could name himself.

Just out of curiosity, who were the other choices for the Captain's slot?

Great choice, and it was good seeing the emotion at the presser. He is truly humbled by being named captain.

It's a tough task for any captain to play his way on. I imagine his playing schedule will be curtailed with all the RC organisation and build-up, and there's got to be a lot going on in his head.....so playing well in regular tourneys will be very very tough. Might be best if he didn't make the team!

Back