Kenny Perry - THP Tour Spot - Interesting Bag

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The PGA Tour is back again and what that means is player info. With the launch of The Tour Spot on THP, the goal is to provide more information than ever before on players that are both at the top of the leaderboard and guys that you may not immediately think of that have curious bag setups. Today we have a really interesting look at TaylorMade staffer Kenny Perry. Why is it interesting? Take a look at the bag of this tour legend and you be the judge.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=12236

Last edited:
That is interesting. Curiously, if I had to guess ten players that would use that type of wedge, Kenny Perry would be on that list... but I am not really sure why he comes to mind.

That is - cool? Strange? Interesting? I guess as long as those wedges are working for him, why mess up a good thing? Thanks for the info JB!

CG16 is also designed to be a bit more forgiving than the typical blade wedge as well, correct?

hmm. A 14.5* fw and a 17 hybrid and a 3 iron. different.

• Admin
CG16 is also designed to be a bit more forgiving than the typical blade wedge as well, correct?

It seems that me.

My question is why does he not have the Superfast 2.0 in his bag? He seemed pretty impressed with it in the video on Taylormades website.

hmm. A 14.5* fw and a 17 hybrid and a 3 iron. different.

That's the point I posted on the home page article. Seems like several in there running close together and taking up a spot for a gw.

Question was asked on the home page, but what is the difference between the regular and "tour" 2.0 irons? Different lofts, different grooves?

That's the point I posted on the home page article. Seems like several in there running close together and taking up a spot for a gw.

I'm not going to critic him. It's not how I set up my bag, but he is the professional.

I'm not going to critic him. It's not how I set up my bag, but he is the professional.

I concur, but I would be curious to hear his logic. I am sure it would be pretty insightful.

Maybe something about this specific course?

Question was asked on the home page, but what is the difference between the regular and "tour" 2.0 irons? Different lofts, different grooves?

There really are not tour versions. Just tour issued. They are for the most part, very different irons.

I concur, but I would be curious to hear his logic. I am sure it would be pretty insightful.

That is what makes the Tour Spot so great....It keeps people guessing and wondering.

There really are not tour versions. Just tour issued. They are for the most part, very different irons.

For curiosity sake, what makes them so different?

For curiosity sake, what makes them so different?

They are just different irons. THey are made in small batches for tour players and that means what is right to they eye for them.

They are just different irons. THey are made in small batches for tour players and that means what is right to they eye for them.

Ok, so I guess this could be more fuel for the fire about his club choices. The stock 2.0 3 iron is 19*, so he carries a 14.5* wood, a 17.5* hybrid and a (potentially) 19* 3 iron. Interesting.

I'm really not too surprised about the CG16, more so about the irons and Burner 2.0 SW. I remember seeing him a couple years ago at a tournament and he had at least one CG14 in the bag. I hope he gets hot with the new putter, his game hasn't been what it should be since his trusty Ping Craz-E broke on him.

I'm really not too surprised about the CG16, more so about the irons and Burner 2.0 SW. I remember seeing him a couple years ago at a tournament and he had at least one CG14 in the bag. I hope he gets hot with the new putter, his game hasn't been what it should be since his trusty Ping Craz-E broke on him.

Yeah the front page article really focuses on that SW I thought.

I noticed KP had a new putter when watching the Bob Hope Wednesday, but could not make out what it was.

I noticed KP had a new putter when watching the Bob Hope Wednesday, but could not make out what it was.

If you click the link in the 1st post it will tell you.

I remember before he was given the Craz-E by a club member, he was using the older model Odyssey Rossie.

That is extremely interesting. Tour players playing irons like the 2.0 must cause fits in the minds of those golfers who insist on "serious clubs make for serious players".
:giggle:

I noticed that a few tour players opted for more forgiving irons like KP, there is of course KJ Choi with the G15 irons and more recently Charles Howell III bagged the mizuno JPX 800 pro at the Bob Hope.

I think some people thought that the article was about the Burner 2.0s. And I guess in some ways it was, but I think they missed the last paragraph of the piece. That is not really what the story was about, but what can you do right? hehe

Back