I agree about the unwritten rules in any sport and it usually comes down to respect. I just dont see it on that hit. Hall had his head down and was leaning way to far forward, plus he left his feet after the hit. Im sure my homerism is blinding my judgement but if it was dirty why didnt the refs call it? I dont think the league even reviewed it and Hall is one of the rising stars that the NHL needs.

Its all for not anyways, the Kings are really stinking it up right now.

This is one where we just have to agree to disagree. I also want to make sure it is clear that I am not saying that Doughty is a dirty player, I just think that that hit was a dirty hit (within the rules or not). My mind on it won't change, even if it were my favorite player hitting my least favorite player like that, I'd still say it was a dirty hit (may still cheer it, but would admit it was dirty). :drinks:

Still a lot of season left for the Kings, they aren't too far out of it. So far, it looks both conferences are really close so lots of movement will be happening by playoff time.

As the discussions of hits and fighting are going I ran across this article today, very interesting look at fighting:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Bourne-Blog-The-pressure-to-fight-when-your-tea?urn=nhl-310216

Good read.

Doughtys hit was super clean. Hall had too much speed for his own good there. Doughty lead with the hip and shoulder followed.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

This is one where we just have to agree to disagree. I also want to make sure it is clear that I am not saying that Doughty is a dirty player, I just think that that hit was a dirty hit (within the rules or not). My mind on it won't change, even if it were my favorite player hitting my least favorite player like that, I'd still say it was a dirty hit (may still cheer it, but would admit it was dirty). :drinks:

Well said.
Well see about the Kings. This team gets so hot and cold that it drives me nuts.

I really hope Saku Koivu's return to Montreal is a positive one. For all that he has done and the commitment that he has shown to Montreal, he deserves praise.

From the iPhone.

Hold on...They still play pro hockey in North America? I thought after it got passed in ratings by NCAA womens intermural water polo they took it off tv. :D

Hate to disagree with ya LefTe, but I'd much rather have Niemi than Turco.

I agree also. Much rather have the younger goaltender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hindsight is 20/20
I guess I don't know what you mean by hindsight, Niemi has always been younger than Turco. Sure it's hindsight that Turco didn't work out, but that doesn't change his age.

Hockey is such a violent sport, your body takes a beating. Especially in net. Youth is such a huge advantage!

I really hope Saku Koivu's return to Montreal is a positive one. For all that he has done and the commitment that he has shown to Montreal, he deserves praise.

From the iPhone.
I watched the beggining of the game last night. It was pretty cool.

Did anyone see Lombardis comments the other night? Pretty crazy.

One of my buddies sent me a link for a montage of the brawl between the Flyers and Senators from 2004. I had a good laugh watching it.
[YOUTUBE]R-8KFucyr-8&feature[/YOUTUBE]

That game was awesome. Even Spezza threw down!

Anyone catch DiPietro's latest injury? Hilarious. Got absolutely rocked by Brent Johnson... Out 4-6 weeks with a fractured something or other... And a fractured pride..

[youtube]deEKLFUoNHY[/youtube]

I liked how DiPietro smiled before he got rocked.

Anybody else catch the Boston/Montreal game last night? Lots of goals, lots of hits, and lots of fights. Enjoyable other than Montreal lost.

Anybody else catch the Boston/Montreal game last night? Lots of goals, lots of hits, and lots of fights. Enjoyable other than Montreal lost.

Yeah a couple of good lines brawls is always nice, but goalie fights have almost become a joke lately, the one punch KO by Johnson on Dipeitro earlier this month and now it was barely a fight by price and thomas last night.

Yeah a couple of good lines brawls is always nice, but goalie fights have almost become a joke lately, the one punch KO by Johnson on Dipeitro earlier this month and now it was barely a fight by price and thomas last night.

Haven't goalie fights always been a joke? :D If Thomas wasn't outmatched so much in the fight it may have been more interesting he was just lucky that Price didn't pound him after he was taken down.

It was really interesting when the announcer, I think it was Milbury, said that Terry O'reily bought the penalty box from the old Boston Garden. Very fitting. :smile:

Peter Forsberg playing for Colorado tonight. Too bad it's not being televised around here. I hope he has a couple of good seasons left.

Peter Forsberg playing for Colorado tonight. Too bad it's not being televised around here. I hope he has a couple of good seasons left.

Pretty pumped for this. I am going to find the game online somewhere. I am not going to miss this. And playing on a line with Hejduk and Duchene, they will put up some points :act-up: Go AVS

Pretty pumped for this. I am going to find the game online somewhere. I am not going to miss this. And playing on a line with Hejduk and Duchene, they will put up some points :act-up: Go AVS

Good point, Thanks. It should be online somewhere.
Monday is going to be his 1st home game. I bet that is going to be a wild crowd. :rockon: Since it's Monday hopefully VS shows it, that's one of their regular days (at least here).

Anyone else watching Pens/Isles? Probably the most ridiculous game in the NHL this year. NY up by a mile early, yet they start taking cheap shots and a couple of brawls have broken out. Again, Brent Johnson involved in one of them.

Dude doesn't back down, I'll give him that. Godard hopped off the bench to back him up in this scrap, though. He would have gotten his clock cleaned otherwise.

This game leaves a bad taste in my mouth though. I understand the Isles wanting revenge, but they took it way too far in this one. I've never seen a team UP by 6 goals taking cheap shots.

I actually caught that game and that was one of the craziest games I've watched. I don't think I've seen a goalie fight a non-goalie. How long was that game too? 4 hours.

Anyone else watching Pens/Isles? Probably the most ridiculous game in the NHL this year. NY up by a mile early, yet they start taking cheap shots and a couple of brawls have broken out. Again, Brent Johnson involved in one of them.

So what's your beef with Brent?

Back