Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver & FW

I think you are missing my point. Or maybe I am missing his. Im NOT saying the sole is not shiny. I took his response as saying that this CURRENT driver head is the same as the PREVIOUS driver head but with a shiny sole. I was pointing out that it is NOT the same as the previous driver head.

got ya now, I think I misread his post. Makes perfect sense now.

I got the same feedback from regular balls while playing and other 3 of my buddies said the same thing when they tried it on the course, all said its like hitting rocks

hmmm, well I guess if you dont like it you dont like it.

Those are some good looking drivers. I've always thought Cleveland's woods looked cheap, but these are an improvement.

Feels like hitting rocks?

You could get that feeling sometimes if the shaft you´re hitting is on the verge of being to stiff. As soon as SS slows a bit its like hitting rocks with a plank.

Had a real nasty graffaloy shaft in a driver once that drove me nuts, because of it.

Sorry to hear you didn´t like the Cleveland, everyone(almost) is raving about it and I can´t wait to get my hands on one!

For those keeping score at home, the Cleveland Ultralite was put on tour this week. Guess who is playing it? The guy that is running away from the pack. Roland Thatcher has the Cleveland Ultralite 310 in his bag.

For those keeping score at home, the Cleveland Ultralite was put on tour this week. Guess who is playing it? The guy that is running away from the pack. Roland Thatcher has the Cleveland Ultralite 310 in his bag.

Pretty cool. I hadn't heard the name before this week.

The foursome I was playing with on Saturday all got the chance to hit this line (270, 290, or 310). All four of them really had good thoughts on them and 2 are ready to put them in the bag instantly.

doesn't surprise me at all. it's a great driver. i would still love to see an alignment aid on the top of the crown.

hmmm, I bet Cleveland is happy with the success right off the bat.

Ripper: According to the brochure I have, this is what is available for left-handers.

TL310 9.5 & 10.5
SL290 9 & 10.5
XL270 & Draw 9 & 10.5

Ripper: According to the brochure I have, this is what is available for left-handers.

TL310 9.5 & 10.5
SL290 9 & 10.5
XL270 & Draw 9 & 10.5

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the info!

I'll test these when they come out, but I didn't have much luck with the DST. I could never get it to feel right and constantly sliced it. And I love Cleveland stuff, I played the XL 11.5*, the Launcher 09 10.5*, and now I have an XL 9* in the back up bag which is as long and straight as anything I have used. I was tempted to think it was the ultralight style that was just not for me, but I am using the ZL now and that isn't exactly heavy. So who knows. Just didn't match my swing I guess.

Any reason Cleveland hasn't tried any adjustable tech on the drivers? I realize with the premium shafts most should be set- but it is nice to have the option of putting in a low launch shaft or closing the face if you want.

Any reason Cleveland hasn't tried any adjustable tech on the drivers? I realize with the premium shafts most should be set- but it is nice to have the option of putting in a low launch shaft or closing the face if you want.

I remember them saying that it adds too much weight to the club and theyre going light weight. But Im probably wrong. Or crazy and delusional.

Cleveland line is all about weight. They have adjustable drivers in the Srixon line.

They have the Srixon Z-star which is adjustable, I know it's not Cleveland though

Is there a release date for this line? I looked through this thread and may have missed it... I'm going to get fit for a driver in Feb or March and I want to make sure this driver is available when I go get fit. Any indications?

Is there a release date for this line? I looked through this thread and may have missed it... I'm going to get fit for a driver in Feb or March and I want to make sure this driver is available when I go get fit. Any indications?

March.

Just got an email from my pro shop that the new cleveland line will hit their store on 2/1/11. Can't wait to try the mashie.

Looking forward to hearing feedback from the lucky person that wins this one from THP.

Looking forward to hearing feedback from the lucky person that wins this one from THP.

Me too! oh wait...I meant to say that I will definately provide the best feedback as possible

if it feels as good as it did at the outing for me that supertri may end up in the marketplace soon

Wow, I can't keep up with Cleveland anymore. Not sure why, but I really look forward to trying their products. I never intended to but I'm ending up almost all Cleveland, and finding a set of irons to finish is gonna be the easiest sell ever.

Do you have to be in the USA for this comp?

Back