R9 460 vs. supertri. Which performs better in your opinion?

msdamailman

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently own a 10.5 r9 460 but i am thinking of going 11.5 in a supertri. I am hoping that more loft combined with finetuning of the fct and mwt will help find fairways. Anyone have opinions on going higher loft with this or any other drivers? How do these two drivers compare? Thanks!

The way the supertri comes stock, with one gram weights in the heel and the toe and 16 grams in the back, produces a pretty high ball flight. I went from the 460 to the Supertri keeping the same shaft (Fubuki 63s) and my ballflight was definitely higher and I wanted a lower ball flight so I changed the weights a bit to find the right combo. I would get the same loft you're used to and use the weights to bring your flight up a bit.

I went from the 460 to the supertri also but went down in loft from 10.5* to 9.5*. I haven't played with the weights at all yet but it is definatly a better allround driver than the 460. If your interested there is a thread somewhere here where there was a driver shootout and the supertri won from my recollection.

I know this does not help you with your decision ,however I prefer the original R9 over either the 460 or SuperTri. You can get the original from TGW.com under the demo/used items for around $125.00 bucks in very good condition, which is practically new. It depends on what suits your swing the best?

With all the R-series variants, there should be a shootout completely dedicated to them only. It's definitely answer a lot of peoples' questions.

I don't hit an R9, but have hit my friends R9. As far as the loft, My Cobra Speed LD is 10.5* and I think that it has the exact amount of loft I need. I personally wouldn't want to go any higher than that, but I might consider lower (to try to get more roll...)

I got more spin from the supertri in my swing to be honest. Moving up a degree could be problematic if you hit a spin-filled drive already.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

I'll let JB or someone that knows a lot correct me, but surely the shaft is more important than the club. I really like my supertri, but it is the shaft that definitely makes the club for me and gives me my desired ball flight.

Mine is a 10.5*, my swing speed is 100mph and I get about 2,700rpm backspin at a 14* launch angle with it. Hope that helps

I'll let JB or someone that knows a lot correct me, but surely the shaft is more important than the club. I really like my supertri, but it is the shaft that definitely makes the club for me and gives me my desired ball flight.

Mine is a 10.5*, my swing speed is 100mph and I get about 2,700rpm backspin at a 14* launch angle with it. Hope that helps

I don't know about more important but the shaft must match the club head. The supertri head is high spin so depending on your swing, you wouldn't want a high spin shaft as the ball would start balloning on you. However if you played with a lower spin driver head say the R11, the shaft you had in your supertri is probably not the right shaft for you in the R11 as now you might be looking for more spin. Long ramble short, get fit.

I went down a loft in my supertri. I am getting more carry and overall distance. I have not touched the weights or lie/loft adjustments.

Back