Anyone up for a Chicago get together?

DrMWP

Reaction score
Handicap
Alrighty Chicago area folks,

As I look out my office window at the latest blanket of snow I'm itching to get out and play and I think it would be cool to meet some of you all.

Anyone up for a get together in May in the Western Suburbs? We could play Orchard Valley in Aurora.
I'd be willing to put it together but would be grateful to anyone who might want to help.
Mark

I'm about 2.5 hours away, but would love to meet up with you all sometime. My MIL has a place in McHenry, so I could bring the family up there for the weekend and get away. May might be tough due to the THP Outing, but I will definitely try to make it over that way sometime this summer.

Also, you all are welcome to come my way for a round at TPC Deere Run sometime :)

I might be interested...MaryC put together a Northeast outing this past October in the Scranton,PA area, and there was talk of doing it again this spring. If that doesn't happen, I'd be down to drive to Chicago area.

A Chicagoland get-together could definitely be in my cards!

There are some really great public courses here, maybe Orchard Valley (OKso I may be biased as I live on the course ;)) one day and say Cog Hill the next.

I'm in...now we just need to kidnap a member at Medinah.

I'm in...now we just need to kidnap a member at Medinah.

I can talk with my new pal at the ipga and see if I could get us in somewhere special for day two... But I am unsure of how much pull I have with him. I haven't tested it to the max yet.

Other than than that, I have played nearly every course in Chicagoland and could tell you if it is a decent track.

I think I could make a trip like this, I use to drive to Waukegan to attend service schools so I don't think the drive would be to far

We should set a date soon so we all have time to make sure its available.

Orchard Valley is super good, my near scratch buddy plays here all the time.

Bolingbrook GC, across the field from my house is nice. They have events all the time and I know the folks at the practice facility pretty well (spent many a long night closing the driving range down last year).

I could be game for this, my FIL lives in Naperville. gives me a place to stay for the weekend.

Orchard Valley is super good, my near scratch buddy plays here all the time.

Bolingbrook GC, across the field from my house is nice. They have events all the time and I know the folks at the practice facility pretty well (spent many a long night closing the driving range down last year).

I love the range and the pyramid balls at Bolingbrook. It is the best thing about that course... Other than the size of the club house. But I am not the biggest fan of the course. Though, I would totally play it if it was part of the outing.

P.S. Roger, nice to have another Chicago area THPer.

Last edited:
We should set a date soon so we all have time to make sure its available.

I'll drop by the clubhouse this weekend and see what's available.

I'm up for this if the dates work.

Sorry, family stuff took priority last weekend. I'll try to call the manager this next week.

Sorry, family stuff took priority last weekend. I'll try to call the manager this next week.

No big deal man, I didn't even necesarily mean you! I just want everyone to pick a date so we can all plan ahead and get as many people as possible.

Alrighty let's talk dates. What about May 21 or 28?

I'll be at the THP outing the weekend of the 21st.

28 wont work for me I have a tournament.

21 would be difficult for me. I am in NYC during the 2 weeks prior, and I don't think my wife would we be all that fond of me getting back and heading straight to the course.

21 would be difficult for me. I am in NYC during the 2 weeks prior, and I don't think my wife would we be all that fond of me getting back and heading straight to the course.

Those don't work for me, unfortunately.

Kevin

Back