Western Plains/Mountain States get together?

A buddy called wanting me to play yesterday, and I'd have joined him if I hadn't just had hernia surgery a week ago. :confused2:

Dang Rick hope everything worked out ok for you! I had one done lat year and it bit into several weeks of golf for me.

oky doky, I'll download those..
edit to add: all in Denver?

They are in the Denver Metro are but the actual city is Brighton if I am not mistaken. It is on the east side of Denver.

got em loaded. Thanks. May is goin to be GREAT!!! Golf with you guys & then a couple weeks later head to Palm Beach with othet THPers

A buddy called wanting me to play yesterday, and I'd have joined him if I hadn't just had hernia surgery a week ago. :confused2:

Wow, go easy there buddy. Get yourself healed up right and you'll have a full season. Hope all's well.

Buffalo Run Saturday and the Dunes on Sunday? How's that sound to everyone?

Fine by me.

Wow, go easy there buddy. Get yourself healed up right and you'll have a full season. Hope all's well.

That's why I had it done now when the golfing is sort of iffy anyway. I've had the issue for couple of years - just kept putting off getting it fixed.

I'm a resident of Adams county so I get resident rates at the Dunes, I'll call and see if I can get resident rates for my "Guests" too.

I'm a resident of Adams county so I get resident rates at the Dunes, I'll call and see if I can get resident rates for my "Guests" too.

Let them know I'm a resident of Adam's county as well... Nebraska, lol.

I can eat most anywhere, so that's fine by me. I probably have as long a drive home as anyone from Buffalo Run.... I'm in unincorporated Jefferson County in the extreme southwest metro area, and the course is a good hour away under the best driving conditions. On a Saturday evening, it shouldn't be a problem... all depending on which metro interstate they have torn up this summer. :banghead:

I can eat most anywhere, so that's fine by me. I probably have as long a drive home as anyone from Buffalo Run.... I'm in unincorporated Jefferson County in the extreme southwest metro area, and the course is a good hour away under the best driving conditions. On a Saturday evening, it shouldn't be a problem... all depending on which metro interstate they have torn up this summer. :banghead:

How close are you to the light rail Rick?

How close are you to the light rail Rick?

About 10 minutes from the downtown Littleton station, but I'm not riding the rails with my clubs. I actually don't mind the drive if I have a reason to take it. I just shoot straight up Santa Fe to I25, to I76. On a weekend morning, that's about as easy a drive as there is.

My wife and I take the train when we go downtown or to Rockies games, but that's mostly to save the hassle of parking. She rides the train to work so she has an Ecopass.

Dinner works for me. It seems there are what seven folks that are commited to this so far. Having dinner afterwards gives us all a chance to get to know one another if we didnt get paired up for the golfing.

You know I can't remember ever playing 36 holes in one day (don't shoot me!)... I'm gonna have to work out or something to get ready for this outing! I'm pretty excited and I'm hoping for my best friend to join this forum soon and then join us for the outing which would round us out nicely at 8! As for dinner, i've heard great things as well about the Buffalo Run Restaurant so that should work, but I might have to skip it as well since I'll be traveling the whole next week for work...

Getting excited! I've had a cast for the last 4 weeks on my left hand after suffering a grade 3 sprain of my thumb and pointer finger. But with our weather the last month, it hasn't made for much range time anyway. At least I'll be able to putt starting tomorrow and will try and get to the range with the warmer weather thursday/friday this week! Perhaps I'll see Ron at Thorncreek later this week?

You know I can't remember ever playing 36 holes in one day (don't shoot me!)... I'm gonna have to work out or something to get ready for this outing! I'm pretty excited and I'm hoping for my best friend to join this forum soon and then join us for the outing which would round us out nicely at 8! As for dinner, i've heard great things as well about the Buffalo Run Restaurant so that should work, but I might have to skip it as well since I'll be traveling the whole next week for work...

Getting excited! I've had a cast for the last 4 weeks on my left hand after suffering a grade 3 sprain of my thumb and pointer finger. But with our weather the last month, it hasn't made for much range time anyway. At least I'll be able to putt starting tomorrow and will try and get to the range with the warmer weather thursday/friday this week! Perhaps I'll see Ron at Thorncreek later this week?

I thought we were doing it on 2 days.... Saturday and Sunday. Not that it's a problem to do 36, but that would be sort of pushing things.

yeah, I think its 18 for 2 days not 36 in 1

Right 18 Saturday and 18 Sunday. I would fall asleep in my mashed potatoes if I did 36 in one day LOL

I'm playing Buffalo Run Friday, but I'll be at Thorncheek Thursday Afternoon around 2 to hit some balls on the range. If you're out there I'll be the lefty with the red ogio bag hooking balls onto the frozen pond

So, since we've got the courses picked on to the next order of business. Did we want to do a late morning/early afternoon tee time on Saturday and then have dinner? From what I've been told the Bison Grill at Buffalo Run is outstanding.

Here's a link to a short video about Riverdale http://www.elocallink.tv/vp6/spon-fcsa_a.php?fvm=1&sponid=BjEENwNnUT8AMQ==&vid=CD8FPVI1VDhSYg48&type=wh&flver=10&brver=6#

My bad guys, mis-interpreted this post... 18 saturday, 18 sunday is great!

So Ron, I got my cast off... but they put me in a splint/brace for another 4 months. So the only thing I'm allowed to do is putt. So I still might get out to the range for that as putting in my living room has become overly preditable!

My bad guys, mis-interpreted this post... 18 saturday, 18 sunday is great!

So Ron, I got my cast off... but they put me in a splint/brace for another 4 months. So the only thing I'm allowed to do is putt. So I still might get out to the range for that as putting in my living room has become overly preditable!

Sounds good to me, my short game can always use work, I've got the lie of my carpet pretty much down by now. I'm goingto be having my back surgery in the next week to 10 days so I want to get one more round in Friday when it's suppose to be 60 before the surgery

Sorry Ron, I won't get out of work until 4pm at the earliest and i work in lakewood, so I won't be seeing you today. Have fun tomorrow at Buffalo Run! and good luck with your surgerey too!

I have an 8th participant for the outing. My brother is coming down from Idaho to join us. :D

so whos all playing?
1) RonInThornton
2) Fourputt + brother
3) Duey
4) bulldog
5) Spaceman_Spiff
6) Golfin303
7) Royalwuff
Is this correct?

so whos all playing?
1) RonInThornton
2) Fourputt + brother
3) Duey
4) bulldog
5) Spaceman_Spiff
6) Golfin303
7) Royalwuff
Is this correct?

So far, that's the line up bulldog, but it's still a few months away so we may end up with more. I know there are 3 or 4 guys that hang out at oobgolf that thought this was a cool idea and were talking about joining THP just so they could play.

On a side note, I have to say, I am really impressed with the way they maintain Buffalo Run. I had a tee time today and got a call yesterday afternoon saying they weren't satisfied with the condition of the course so would not be opening it to play today.

WOW it hit 70* here today got out & played 1st time since 1st of Nov. scored bad (96) but driver & irons not too bad. chippin sucks. lol

It was up into the mid 60's here yesterday and I had to work :at-wits-end:

Back