GMac Accused of Rules Violation by TV Viewer

I say don't even let the public have a line to the officials during a tournament.The officials are paid to do their jobs -unless they are volunteers-and the players are paid to do theirs.Let them do it.If something is missed once in a while so be it.Imagine if the public could call in and report holding calls during a NFL game!

The tour seems to be doing very well financially... why cant they employ an official to walk with each group?

Bunch of BS!!

You guys can have this one to yourselves.

Kevin

The argument against it is always "Well they only penalize players for the right call, meaning if someone calls in wrong, it does not affect the outcome". But it has gotten out of hand. I agree that the right call has to be made every time, but just have officials make those calls and watch the feed.

I am in 100% agreement that this has to end. I do however disagree with the idea of officials watching the feed as a way to enforce the rules. Only some shots by some players are shown on the feed making it highly random which "plays" are being officiated and which are not (imagine the NFL only having officials watch every 3rd play - yeah, that'd go well). Either we trust players and their playing partners to officiate themselves as the honor of the game intends or we put an official with each group/player and he/she watches EVERY SHOT. The TV feed is an aside and like any other sport should be used for nothing except replay when needed.

The certainly need to make a change. A Broken rule is a broken rule, but it should be called by a bonafide official not some schlubb a million miles away.

Think of the effort spent investigating all of the calls for supposed infractions. Now, spend that money on officials instead.

Has anyone changed their opinion on Poulter's recent tweets over these calls? There seemed to be quite a few dismissing it as 'whining' etc.

Has anyone changed their opinion on Poulter's recent tweets over these calls? There seemed to be quite a few dismissing it as 'whining' etc.

Personally, I'm glad the Poulter had the sack to speak out on it

My opinion hasn't really changed. I agreed with him, he just came off as whinny. I still agree with him but my perception of his tone hasn't changed.

Tapatalk- for when work is not enough...

Back