Westwood shuns Players Championship

I think that it hurts the pride of TPC more than it does the bottom line. They have really marked a claim as the 5th major (though it isn't full agreement as the memorial and a few other tourneys have some small stake on it) and having the #1 bail on it certainly hurts that perception.

It hurts as much as the Tournaments that tiger shunned as far as a pride standpoint. All Canadians want is for him to come back lol.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

Ha! I'd be a fatter, taller version of Gmac.

And I agree with JB, paulo has to make an outing. He and I would wreck shop on the US tour love boys.

You know it! On and off course!

Oh hell, I think I can hold some liquor but not sure I want to compete with Paulo, lol. They might pull the buy one get one.

haha, and as a Scotsman, I don't like it when they pull the cheap offers! Don't worry tho, I treat drinking as more of a team sport, it would be THP against the world at that one! :D

On topic - I think TPC is taking a hit here. Not having the no1 golfer in the world at the tournament you're trying to push as a 'major' is going to hurt, no matter who the number 1 is and where he is from. My first thought is that Lee is right, his schedule is too tight and he won't do himself justice turning up cold if he were to play. I still think that, but the more he talks about it, the more I get the feeling he's also using it for another dig. He needs to quit that and get into the season.

You know it! On and off course!

haha, and as a Scotsman, I don't like it when they pull the cheap offers! Don't worry tho, I treat drinking as more of a team sport, it would be THP against the world at that one! :D

On topic - I think TPC is taking a hit here. Not having the no1 golfer in the world at the tournament you're trying to push as a 'major' is going to hurt, no matter who the number 1 is and where he is from. My first thought is that Lee is right, his schedule is too tight and he won't do himself justice turning up cold if he were to play. I still think that, but the more he talks about it, the more I get the feeling he's also using it for another dig. He needs to quit that and get into the season.

Agree 100% with the bold part. I thought he was simply stating that travel was too much. But he's not. He is saying that he does not have enough spots, so frankly the travel does not matter. Truth is, he is going to play in back to back tournaments in Spain those two weeks and get HUGE appearance money by doing so. But this is now nothing more than Lee trying to take a shot again at the PGA Tour and frankly its growing so tiresome and old. He wants different rules in place that is apparent. I was truly hoping he kept the #1 all year because by doing so I expected that to promote change. Now I hope he loses it before this event so we dont have to hear him talk about it.

After Harrington's DQ I'm beginning to think all the players on tour should boycott all the majors until the PGA changes the rules about viewers calling in.

Back