Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather Marcus Thames did.

Thames was a good player for them, although when they needed him in the field he was a nightmare. At least Jones should be ok in the field when he's out there.

Thames was a good player for them, although when they needed him in the field he was a nightmare. At least Jones should be ok in the field when he's out there.

Yea but I worry what he will do on the bench and in the clubhouse.

John Heyman from SI is saying that the Rays have agreed to terms with Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon.

Nice move by the Angels too in picking up Wells. I just wonder what the Jays will do with Arencibia now with Molina and Napoli there too.

John Heyman from SI is saying that the Rays have agreed to terms with Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon.

Nice move by the Angels too in picking up Wells. I just wonder what the Jays will do with Arencibia now with Molina and Napoli there too.

really? Last I heard was the Rangers going after him. Maybe that will give rays some more fans.

Damon's dean is 1 year 5.25 plus incentives, while Manny's deal is 2 mil.

Looking back on it now, I bet you Damon is kicking himself for turning down the Yankees 2 year deal last year.

I really kinda like this move, although with no more Franky, who closes if Feliz does get moved to the rotation? Ogando has the stuff but does he have the ice in the veins and the consistency?

They were looking for a power utility guy, and a back up catcher, and got 2 birds with one stone with Napoli. Still not 100% sure why we really needed another power guy to sit on the bench for 50% of the games, but its not my money to spend >.<

I think this moves means that Feliz won't be in the starting rotation.

It's not about just spending money to be spending money. What happens if catcher gets hurt? Have to call up a minor league guy, well now Napoli is there to fill in. What happens if kinsler gets hurt again or andrus? Young fills there position and Napoli goes to first and gives Moreland some time off. Always good to have an extra guy. 162 games is a lot just to have the right amount of guys, good to have a few extra that can produce on the bench.

edit: I really hope they can grab another bullpen arm or starting pitcher, I think if they can get that then it will help out even more. Also Napoli is good trade bait for during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I dunno I really think Feliz will get a shot at as a full time starter this next year. He has MLB experience under has belt and has all the makings of a top caliber ACE. Not just a Texas Rangers #1, but a Cy young candidate/am I the best pitcher of my era kinda ACE. The guy has the raw talent and the throwing motion to dominate like a young Pedro Martinez but with a Nolan Ryan fastball. Now this is all based on projections and potential till he has 200 innings under his belt.

Us not giving him a shot at starting is like The Padres or the giants not giving Latos or Lincecum a starting gig. You don't call a guy your number 1 prospect for 2 years and then be satisfied with 50 innings, you want to see where his limits are, or if he even has any.

I dunno I really think Feliz will get a shot at as a full time starter this next year. He has MLB experience under has belt and has all the makings of a top caliber ACE. Not just a Texas Rangers #1, but a Cy young candidate/am I the best pitcher of my era kinda ACE. The guy has the raw talent and the throwing motion to dominate like a young Pedro Martinez but with a Nolan Ryan fastball. Now this is all based on projections and potential till he has 200 innings under his belt.

Us not giving him a shot at starting is like The Padres or the giants not giving Latos or Lincecum a starting gig. You don't call a guy your number 1 prospect for 2 years and then be satisfied with 50 innings, you want to see where his limits are, or if he even has any.

But he cant start right now, no one at the back end of the pen to close out games. I think they will let him start in spring training a few games but if I was a betting man he will not start a game this season. He is still young and doing well as the closer so no need to rush him. I say give him another year as a closer then maybe try to convert him if they can grab a good closer. Feliz doesnt have enough pitches yet to be a full time starter. Now you may say he has 3-4 rpitches right now but there not quality yet, gotta let him develope another pitch and get command over it before he becomes a starter. Just my opinion though.

your right on the end of the bullpen thing, although there is a very good option in Ogando. Now he is in the same place as Feliz was last year, unproven. Just depends how easily they think lightning can strike twice in that role :)

your right on the end of the bullpen thing, although there is a very good option in Ogando. Now he is in the same place as Feliz was last year, unproven. Just depends how easily they think lightning can strike twice in that role :)

It would be awesome if Ogando could be real good. Id love to see feliz in the rotation but im just scared he isnt ready yet. But when you have a 100+mph fastball some good things can happen lol He will probably stick to around 95-98 to get a little more control, but im ok with that :alien:

Pitchers and Catchers begin to report this weekend....go Phils!

Phils Starting rotation is a thing of nightmares for the rest of the NL >.<

Phils Starting rotation is a thing of nightmares for the rest of the NL >.<

geez I thought we heard that last year after they picked up Oswalt

are they only playing 10 games this year?
Everybody agree that the pirates will have a winning season this year.

Everybody agree that the pirates will have a winning season this year.

I would say Hurdle is a step in the right direction. I want to see what Alvarez and Tabata can do with a full season.

Spring training. When all the teams can dream of winning the pennant. Then comes May and reality sets in. haha

Just heard (not 100% sure) Pujols turned down an 8 year 200+ mill offer!!!!!!!!!! Holy sh!t!

Rangers, pretty please use the Cliff Lee money towards him after this season. Please!

edit: Nevermind, It was just all a rumor. But Rangers please sign him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back