Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Can I choose my team if I take on the responsibility? Ha! We need to wait til we have our official tee times then I'll pass the organizational torch onto someone else.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!
You take the job of getting us all lined up for some kind of a captains match or a game for our 2nd round then yeah go right ahead and choose your team!

Here is a list of those that have spoken so far about wanting to play another 18 on Sat. of course I suspect more might be added to this list in the next day or two.

Yoccos
9-Iron
Rbelbin
White Rhino
DMB3012
ddec0418
Coolbreeze
Dr. Teeth
RxGus
KellyBo
Ole Grey
Puttin4Bird
SW FLA
Bulldog
Spraytech
One-T
Thainer21
SethO
Chunkylover77
DakotaGolfer
TC- ?
Hanks - ?

Last edited:
Guys, the enthusiasm is awesome but there's no point organizing any post round formats until we know what tee times are blocked off for us and what are tee times are. To request the earliest tee times for those interested in playing additional golf is just not possible. I say be patient, and when we get closer, worry about these details at that point.

Guys, the enthusiasm is awesome but there's no point organizing any post round formats until we know what tee times are blocked off for us and what are tee times are. To request the earliest tee times for those interested in playing additional golf is just not possible. I say be patient, and when we get closer, worry about these details at that point.

I agree with this. I have put in requests for early tee times but I won't know anything for a few more months. I think because we are booked we all want it to be here already but, unfortunately, we still have 4 months to go.

Hey All - are you all coming in early on Thursday? Is anyone coming in late and staying off site on Thursday night? We have to take a later flight out on Thursday b/c of the shop and to take care of the kids, and probably won't come in until midnight or so. We were thinking about staying close to the airport, to make it easier. But is that harder? Anyone staying off site and then driving/taxi-ing in on Thursday morning? We're still exploring flight options and figuring out the best schedule.

Hey All - are you all coming in early on Thursday? Is anyone coming in late and staying off site on Thursday night? We have to take a later flight out on Thursday b/c of the shop and to take care of the kids, and probably won't come in until midnight or so. We were thinking about staying close to the airport, to make it easier. But is that harder? Anyone staying off site and then driving/taxi-ing in on Thursday morning? We're still exploring flight options and figuring out the best schedule.

Based on my opinion solely, I would say stay on property. For the few extra dollars, the convenience to wake up in the morning, grab that wonderful free breakfast, and walk out to demo day will be well worth it. Rather than waking up, scurrying into a cab getting to the resort and checking in all to get down to demo day at the start.

Based on my opinion solely, I would say stay on property. For the few extra dollars, the convenience to wake up in the morning, grab that wonderful free breakfast, and walk out to demo day will be well worth it. Rather than waking up, scurrying into a cab getting to the resort and checking in all to get down to demo day at the start.

I agree with this 100%. So much easier.

For those that might be staying off site for whatever reason and driving to the resort early Friday morning, I bet check in time would be somewhere around 3:00 p.m.?

TC, I merely asked who might be interested in a second round on Saturday, that was it.

Here is a list of those that have spoken so far about wanting to play another 18 on Sat.

Yoccos
9-Iron
Rbelbin
White Rhino
DMB3012
ddec0418
Coolbreeze
Dr. Teeth
RxGus
KellyBo
Ole Grey
Puttin4Bird
SW FLA
Bulldog
Spraytech
One-T
Thainer21
SethO
Chunkylover77
DakotaGolfer
TC- ?
Hanks - ?

Let's put a maybe by name for right now please. It sure is tempting to play, but I may have to conserve my energy so I can properly attack the Champion Course on Sunday. Plus the Mrs. may be wanting to spend some time by the pool. That was one of her favorite places at the resort and I'm sure she'll want some time for us there. But I'll talk to her soon and see if she'll be up for some extra golf. It is still early though.

Ole Gray - the check in time at 3:00 pm is a really good point. I don't mind the driving in later - how far is the airport to the resort? Is everyone taking a cab/shuttle?

Ole Gray - the check in time at 3:00 pm is a really good point. I don't mind the driving in later - how far is the airport to the resort? Is everyone taking a cab/shuttle?

roughly 30 minutes.

It will be about a 40-50 cab ride (with tip). Takes about 20-25minutes. During the day, there is a shuttle that is a bit cheaper. We are staying offsite Wednesday night since we are getting in so late.

It will be about a 40-50 cab ride (with tip). Takes about 20-25minutes. During the day, there is a shuttle that is a bit cheaper. We are staying offsite Wednesday night since we are getting in so late.

You'll be there all day Thursday too? Cool. We're arriving Wednesday evening (around 6ish) too, but we'll be going straight to the resort.

Hm... very interesting. I'll take it all into consideration. OUCH on that cab ride! We may just rent a car. Anyone know what they charge for parking at the hotel (or maybe they don't?)? I just tried to call the hotel but my land-line (darn Charter) is down.

Hm... very interesting. I'll take it all into consideration. OUCH on that cab ride! We may just rent a car. Anyone know what they charge for parking at the hotel (or maybe they don't?)? I just tried to call the hotel but my land-line (darn Charter) is down.

Parking is free if you park yourself and $20 a night if you use valet. I rented a car last year and while it was free (I used points) the quote before I applied my points was around $75 for the weekend. It was worth it to me because it allowed me to come and go on my own schedule and if I wanted to (which I didn't) I could get off resort.

JB is right. It is so worth staying at the resort.

Could I save a few $$ by staying off site, yes but then I'd have to deal with the logistics of it all and as far as I'm concerned, I'm on vacation and I don't want to deal with anything but getting to the range/course, getting to the spa, and getting the iBar (not necessarily in that order).

Could I save a few $$ by staying off site, yes but then I'd have to deal with the logistics of it all and as far as I'm concerned, I'm on vacation and I don't want to deal with anything but getting to the range/course, getting to the spa, and getting the iBar (not necessarily in that order).

Thanks MaryC. I think the car would suit us better too. That way, should I have any cravings, I can send the husband out to get stuff for me! (Poor husband!).

TC, I merely asked who might be interested in a second round on Saturday, that was it.

We know, it's all good, everyone is excited and enthusiastic about the additional rounds so he wasn't singling you out Rhino.

Precisely! I can tell you that I would like to play additional golf but let's say that the first group out is at 10am, and it's going to take 5 hours to play the round (which it very well could), that means that group #1 is finishing at 3pm, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for an additional 18 holes, no matter what the format, b/c in all likely hood, the last group may be finishing somewhere close to 4-5pm. If that is the case, I'll spend some time on the range or on the chipping/putting green.

It's just too far out to even be thinking about this stuff. That's all.

Because we all know iBar takes priority over everything else! :D

Then again, it is there right as you walk in. Couldn't be easier actually!

However, it's not too far out to think about buying me drinks for killing a bottle of Bacos in 60 seconds fool.

Exactly. Besides what if we did put a schedule together, etc. I doubt that there wouldn't be changes to that schedule (times, people, etc) between now and May. Plenty of time to see what shakes out

It's just too far out to even be thinking about this stuff. That's all.

Back