Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

It's just too far out to even be thinking about this stuff. That's all.

Agreed. Lets revisit all this in about 3 months.

Precisely! I can tell you that I would like to play additional golf but let's say that the first group out is at 10am, and it's going to take 5 hours to play the round (which it very well could), that means that group #1 is finishing at 3pm, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for an additional 18 holes, no matter what the format, b/c in all likely hood, the last group may be finishing somewhere close to 4-5pm. If that is the case, I'll spend some time on the range or on the chipping/putting green.

Not unless I am playing in a eightsome....hehe

Exactly. Besides what if we did put a schedule together, etc. I doubt that there wouldn't be changes to that schedule (times, people, etc) between now and May. Plenty of time to see what shakes out

Precisely, everything is subject to change at this point. I'm not trying to be a debbie-downer just trying to be the realist in the situation. I hope that we can replay and I think if we can we'll come up with a killer format that suits everyone. I will say this now though, I want no part whatsoever in organizing the groups and whatnot. I don't do well with criticism or complaints.

Not unless I am playing in a eightsome....hehe

We know you'll be in the first group out so you should be fine, but for those who go out in the middle of the pack or later, it can't get slow. Not everyone is as fast or as skilled as JB is, lol

You ducking me, TC?

We know you'll be in the first group out so you should be fine, but for those who go out in the middle of the pack or later, it can't get slow. Not everyone is as fast or as skilled as JB is, lol

Fast yes...Skilled no....

But when I have to pull up behind a group that is swigging beers instead of swinging, I get all antsy to get to the iBar.

Because we all know iBar takes priority over everything else! :D

Then again, it is there right as you walk in. Couldn't be easier actually!

Thus making it the perfect golf resort!

"Yo, you want another Pina Colada or what?" Here's your "pool boy" serving you drinks!
P1030031.jpg

Is that JB?

We know, it's all good, everyone is excited and enthusiastic about the additional rounds so he wasn't singling you out Rhino.

Did not look at it that way at all, just responding since I put the initial post up.

Precisely! I can tell you that I would like to play additional golf but let's say that the first group out is at 10am, and it's going to take 5 hours to play the round (which it very well could), that means that group #1 is finishing at 3pm, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for an additional 18 holes, no matter what the format, b/c in all likely hood, the last group may be finishing somewhere close to 4-5pm. If that is the case, I'll spend some time on the range or on the chipping/putting green.

I wanted JB and GG to know how many were interested in playing a second round so they could have that knowledge when arranging teetimes with the resort

Exactly. Besides what if we did put a schedule together, etc. I doubt that there wouldn't be changes to that schedule (times, people, etc) between now and May. Plenty of time to see what shakes out

Agreed. Lets revisit all this in about 3 months.

Again, was not asking for anything formal set-up today, just wanted to get a feel of how many had wanted to play 36 on either Sat or Sunday.

I definitely WANT to play extra golf, but it's yet to be determined if that's at all possible. Use that information however you would like. I'm sure JB/GG will do the best they can to ensure the earliest tee times as possible but I am sure that most of those responsibilities fall on the shoulders of someone at the resort. There is a chance that we won't be the only golf group or golfers there, you know?

I definitely WANT to play extra golf, but it's yet to be determined if that's at all possible. Use that information however you would like. I'm sure JB/GG will do the best they can to ensure the earliest tee times as possible but I am sure that most of those responsibilities fall on the shoulders of someone at the resort. There is a chance that we won't be the only golf group or golfers there, you know?

Absolutely! I totally agree and understand

Remember how long the rounds took last time? Taking that into consideration playing 36 may be a stretch. Unless youre in JB's group. In that case prepare for the fastest round of your life. :alien:

I was in the last group for the Champions course last time and our round took about 5.5 hours. It gets compounded as you go along.

gosh, it took me forever to catch up on this thread, hence the reason I skim. Now I gotta poop!

If it's doable, count me and my friend in for 36 on Saturday only. Gotta drive back on Sunday so only one round will be possible.

The really cool part about the demo part is you get to check out (like a book in the library) a club, set, or putter and actually test it out on the golf course. Not sure how this will work with the demo day being on Friday and the actually golf Sat/Sun? Maybe we will be able to take the test clubs with us after the demo day and tee em up Saturday.

Itinerary:

Friday day time: Demo
Friday night: Indian wrestle to see who takes out the Mashie and R11's.

GG and I might join you guys. And by pool, I believe you mean bar.

18 each day for Mrs. AHA and I as well...pool, spa and bar will be calling our names!

gosh, it took me forever to catch up on this thread, hence the reason I skim. Now I gotta poop!

lol that made me spit out my water.

Back