Shaft to hosel matching question

Super Tuna

You can't scale this!
Reaction score
Handicap
Afternoon all,

Can you put a .335 shaft into a .350 head? I'm noticing a lot of after market shafts are .335 while a number of heads are .350. My theory is that this match is possible with some sort of a shim based on premade clubs I see in a number of places. Is this correct?

Yes, using a shim this is possible. I prefer the brass shims.

Afternoon all,

Can you put a .335 shaft into a .350 head? I'm noticing a lot of after market shafts are .335 while a number of heads are .350. My theory is that this match is possible with some sort of a shim based on premade clubs I see in a number of places. Is this correct?

Yes, shims will work.

I've used shims to put .335 shafts into .370 bores with no problems at all.

As Gummi said, brass shims are best.

Excellent, thank you both.

Now I'm back to which shaft to put in it. *sigh*

Sometimes I think getting the equipment set up is harder then the actual game (3 fitters, 3 recommendations, 0 that work. Back to the drawing board).

Excellent, thank you both.

Now I'm back to which shaft to put in it. *sigh*

Sometimes I think getting the equipment set up is harder then the actual game (3 fitters, 3 recommendations, 0 that work. Back to the drawing board).

Well maybe you should be the last man in to the THP Outing? Bet you could find what works there!

Had I not have to get the wife a car this summer I would have been all over it. In the meantime, maybe I'll win the lotto this Friday and then I can do both :D

Back