Who is the Best "All Around" Equipment Company?

Relax, it was reference to post # 35...

Quoting is your friend and one person's opinion does not mean to criticize a group.

I am not a Titleist fan, but they make excellent products from driver to putter to ball. Their new driver has actually generated quite a buzz on these boards. They could help themselves by giving equipment at demo days. There were about 200 putters at the last demo day, but the only Scotty Cameron putter in sight was the one in my bag because they have this stupid policy of only letting equipment travel with company reps. This may hurt them in the ling run. I know I would love to have more education on the feel of titleist equipment and I get my education during THP demo days.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

and skimming can be your enemy :alien2:

Reactions: JB
and skimming can be your enemy :alien2:

This I assume was not directed at me, because I read EVERY post on this board.

I will say it again, the constant bickering/arguing that you want to do will not be tolerated on THP. We have incredible members here that want to have fun, but every time someone disagrees with you it does not have to turn into an argument, name calling, personal attacks, etc...

If I'm only going to go for a company who puts one name on the equipment from top to bottom, I'll go for Ping.

Glad we don't have to make the choice but if I was told I had to pick one OEM it would be TM-Adidas. They got all bases covered and well covered at that.

I would say TM right now. Look at my sig! I have noticed a lot of other companies that have a lot to offer. In my opinion, I think a company that can offer a product to about every customer out there (low or high handicap) is the one that is best all around.

This is a great topic. Here is a question, does someone choosing the company have to include whether or not they make every product? For instance do they have to make a ball too? Or how about apparel and shoes? Or is the topic merely driver, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putter?

I took it as if I had to step on the course tomorrow it would have to include clothing, hat shoes and gear. Either way I think my answer would have been TM

This is a great topic. Here is a question, does someone choosing the company have to include whether or not they make every product? For instance do they have to make a ball too? Or how about apparel and shoes? Or is the topic merely driver, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putter?

To me it just means complete stable of product. Like I said earlier, I love Bridgestone's line up and think that they may be one of the strongest OEMs. Even though they don't have putters.

To me, it includes every club and a ball. Grips, shoes and apparel don't count when it comes to an all around equipment assessment from me.

If I had to sign a contract and only use one company I'd go with Taylormade/Adidas. I really like the Penta TP balls and AdiPure shoes.

Clubs (all of 'em) & ball is what I had in mind for my picks.

If I had to sign a contract and only use one company I'd go with Taylormade/Adidas. I really like the Penta TP balls and AdiPure shoes.

+1 for me as well, I think for the overall package that would be the best fit, from clubs, accessories, apparel, shoes, ball. An excellent company IMHO.

To me it just means complete stable of product. Like I said earlier, I love Bridgestone's line up and think that they may be one of the strongest OEMs. Even though they don't have putters.

I ain't picking on ya blu, but I have to disagree yet again. I like Bridgestone's golf balls a lot but they don't offer any products in LH, that's hardly being best "all around". Automatic DQ from this lefty.

Despite my affinity to Callaway, I'd have to go with TM for a CURRENT line up. Callaways irons just don't agree with me on performance and aesthetics [unless we go to the X-proto irons, or if the new RAZR version of the X-Protos are released].
Just based on my uneducated view of clubs, their aesthetics are undeniable [TP Irons anyone?], they also do cover their grounds very well. I'm sure I could adapt to the new white drivers, and their white putters.

I`m going with Srixon/Cleveland and Never Compromise,great line up for 2011.New Z star driver and fairway,XV ball,new Z-TX irons,CG16 irons and wedges,Mashie hybrid,Ultralight driver series and Gambler putters,something for everybody.

Certainly not. Ping does not make balls, but that is a perfectly acceptable answer. However, if I were to say that Bettinardi is the best, then that would obviously be a problem.

This is how I envisioned the thread when I made it, any way.l

I ain't picking on ya blu, but I have to disagree yet again. I like Bridgestone's golf balls a lot but they don't offer any products in LH, that's hardly being best "all around". Automatic DQ from this lefty.

Well I am going to disqualify any company that makes cubs for left handers. Learn how to golf like a normal person :zsimpsons:

You'll have very few choices...

Clubs (all of 'em) & ball is what I had in mind for my picks.

at this point it really just becomes a "Who do you like better" of the following six;

Bridgestone
Callaway
Nike
Titleist
TaylorMade
Wilson

Doesn't it? I mean those are the only ones i can think of of that make woods, irons. wedges, putters and balls anyway...

at this point it really just becomes a "Who do you like better" of the following six;

Bridgestone
Callaway
Nike
Titleist
TaylorMade
Wilson

Doesn't it? I mean those are the only ones i can think of of that make woods, irons. wedges, putters and balls anyway...

yup, but I think it's comical that you left Cleveland/Srixon off the list as they are the one and only one OEM that makes woods, irons, wedges, putters, balls, and the one thing that no one has mentioned.....SHAFTS!

That kind of makes them the most "all around" in my book.

yup, but I think it's comical that you left Cleveland/Srixon off the list as they are the one and only one OEM that makes woods, irons, wedges, putters, balls, and the one thing that no one has mentioned.....SHAFTS!

That kind of makes them the most "all around" in my book.
damn! I knew I was forgetting one

damn! I knew I was forgetting one

haha, it's cool. No one's mentioned the shaft aspect yet. It does give them the nod in my book though.

Yeah I spent the day looking at Cleveland stuff and I think I would be fine going all Cleveland. This is shaping up to be a very good year for them

Back