Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship [Spoilers]

I really dont understand what all the discussion is about on the tee. Hit the short grass chap. Just hit it. Kaymer has a solid swing.

I really dont understand what all the discussion is about on the tee. Hit the short grass chap. Just hit it. Kaymer has a solid swing.

The person whom all the commentators talk about his swing is McIlroy. I don't really see it though, cause I have always thought he had a very fast and very violent swing.

Kaymer just seems to have "something" right now and I can't put my finger on it. If he goes on to win 3-4 in a short time and another major, do we start talking about the same intangebles that Woods used to have? I can honestly see Kaymer becoming bullet proof when he has a lead.

The person whom all the commentators talk about his swing is McIlroy. I don't really see it though, cause I have always thought he had a very fast and very violent swing

They arent kidding when they say its one of the most technically sound and fluid swing on tour. I love his swing.

Good win for Kaymer though, by 8 shots too, damn.

They arent kidding when they say its one of the most technically sound and fluid swing on tour. I love his swing.

Good win for Kaymer though, by 8 shots too, damn.

His swing is awesome.

His swing is awesome.

Don't get me wrong... I wan't his swing and it is obviously a very very very good mechanical swing. I guess his isn't what comes to mind when I think of the "perfect" swing.

The person whom all the commentators talk about his swing is McIlroy. I don't really see it though, cause I have always thought he had a very fast and very violent swing.

Kaymer just seems to have "something" right now and I can't put my finger on it. If he goes on to win 3-4 in a short time and another major, do we start talking about the same intangebles that Woods used to have? I can honestly see Kaymer becoming bullet proof when he has a lead.

yeah, I think he can enter that realm of conversation. I remember reading a Golf Digest about 3 or 4 years ago and there was an interview in it with Ernie Els. They asked him what youngster to look out for and he said, Martin Kaymer. I'd never heard of him at that point and thought, huh? Kaymer's robotic personality (at least by what I can see from coverage) is what makes him so stinking good. He just seems unfazeable. He's strong as an ox. He very well could be dominant this year. 2011 is going to be the one year that I'm looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

Kaymer looks to be in for a very very good year. I think both Kaymer and McIlroy have good swings. Kaymer might be a bit smoother and prettier. Looks like McIlroy is back with the 910 driver

They both have nice swings, different of course but I can't fault either.

McIlroy just needs to tone it down a bit around the green. Take some 15 footers, practice them. You don't need to hit every single shot to 6 inches! He had a very average week on the greens, and still walks out with a top 3. That's got to be good for him.

Kaymer could be very strong this year. I struggle to think of anyone around at the moment who holds up like he does under pressure, it's phenomenal.

McIlroy just needs to tone it down a bit around the green. Take some 15 footers, practice them. You don't need to hit every single shot to 6 inches! He had a very average week on the greens, and still walks out with a top 3. That's got to be good for him.

Kaymer could be very strong this year. I struggle to think of anyone around at the moment who holds up like he does under pressure, it's phenomenal.

I just want to point this out. This may be Paulos only post ever that did not contain the words Lee or Westwood. I think its because he does not have a calculator in front of him to add up Lee's score. I believe he was close to 30 off the pace.

I just want to point this out. This may be Paulos only post ever that did not contain the words Lee or Westwood. I think its because he does not have a calculator in front of him to add up Lee's score. I believe he was close to 30 off the pace.

Just the joy of being from Europe at the moment, I have so many heros to flip-flop about. I didn't see a lot of his final three rounds, but going on his score, I believe he played left handed, as a salute to TC's continuing worship.

Waiting patiently for Kaymer to post some of his hilarious exploits on Twitter. Come on Martin. Martin? Maaaaartiiiinnnnnn!

Just the joy of being from Europe at the moment, I have so many heros to flip-flop about. I didn't see a lot of his final three rounds, but going on his score, I believe he played left handed, as a salute to TC's continuing worship.

Waiting patiently for Kaymer to post some of his hilarious exploits on Twitter. Come on Martin. Martin? Maaaaartiiiinnnnnn!

Ha! this post is funny.....I have to be honest, I'm a little surprised that Lee was a virtual no show this weekend, but then again, I don't think I saw a minute of Phil coverage either. Martin Kaymer was just in a completely different zone. He was getting pissed off that he wasn't leaving his approach shots within 10 feet, lol

Back