Golf style in your area?

WestTex

I'm the bomb.com
Reaction score
Handicap
After seeing so many folks on tour wear pants in every color of the rainbow, it got me to thinking; have I ever seen someone around here wear white pants? That answer was a NO unless you count meeting Doug Sanders at a putting green in Ruidoso NM but he was the original Color guy on tour so I don't think that counts lol. SO...

What does the Average golfer in your area look like?

Do they wear Jeans? Khaki's? Shorts? White pants? Orange pants????

How about tops? Are certain colors or brands more dominant than others?

Here its very "casual" esp in the summer, khaki shorts as far as the eye can see with a pair of jeans and khaki pants just off the horizon. Usually collared shirts of most colors, half of which have Company or Texas College logos lol.

SO again I ask what is _______ areas golf style?

The Midwest is the two ends of the spectrum. On the munis you see most people on jeans and t shirts. Then you head to the CC and find people in their Bally shoes and $3000 suits, changing into their RLX golf outfits. Very few people are in between the 2 polar opposites. Thats what it seems like to me atleast. I play the same times every week though so I see the same people every week.

Down here in Mexico, they have a strict dress code, no jeans, must wear a collared shirt, etc. Name brands are very big, I think I see more Adidas than anything else.

Pants/Shorts: Jeans & Khaki

Tops: Some old golf shirt they got 5 yrs ago at only tourney they ever been to. Lots of Nike and Adidas shirts than need to be ironed. :D

Alot more mini-me Tiger than Fowler for sure. It's pretty funny to go to any course on Sunday and see how many are decked out in Tiger red!

Depends on the course. I have see everything ranging between cutoff jean shorts and tank tops, to pink polo shirt with a popped collar and plaid sailing shorts. At the same course, in the same day.

I'm usually the colorful one of the bunch :D You get a whole range of styles out here...I really haven't paid that much attention :smile:

All depends on the course. it can range from jorts and tee shirts to nice shorts and a nice top. Won't even talk about the tuck rule either. Mostly it's a lot of typical Nike shirts, Nike/adidas shorts, Titleist hats, and either Nike or FJ shoes. Mostly everybody looks the same really now that I think about it. Considering the market I'm in, I generally don't see a lot of style on the golf courses around me

What does the Average golfer in your area look like?

Do they wear Jeans? Khaki's? Shorts? White pants? Orange pants????

How about tops? Are certain colors or brands more dominant than others?

Muni's around here tend to be pretty relaxed and you see the whole spectrum. Fact, I once joined a threesome and one of the guys had skinny jeans and a flat billed cap on. He was pretty good.

I live in a fairly redneck kind of area. The motto of the football team is "Hicks who Stick"
It angers me greatly to see people playing in jeans. Tee shirts too. Is a polo and khaki shorts (or some kind of sporty short) so hard to ask??

I like Nike, Loudmouth, Badger (School Golf Polo Company) Footjoy, and Under Armour. I will ALWAYS be wearing a polo and shorts or pants. Doesn't Matter the weather. If it's cold, I like sweaters, sweater vests, and cardigans. I like the style aspect of the game almost as much as I love golf. And that's alot.....

I live in a fairly redneck kind of area. The motto of the football team is "Hicks who Stick"
It angers me greatly to see people playing in jeans. Tee shirts too. Is a polo and khaki shorts (or some kind of sporty short) so hard to ask??I like Nike, Loudmouth, Badger (School Golf Polo Company) Footjoy, and Under Armour. I will ALWAYS be wearing a polo and shorts or pants. Doesn't Matter the weather. If it's cold, I like sweaters, sweater vests, and cardigans. I like the style aspect of the game almost as much as I love golf. And that's alot.....

As long as it's within the dress code of the course, I don't know why it would anger anybody. If the course doesn't care, who am I to let it bother me? They are the ones with the financial stake in it. If what people are wearing bothered me (and they weren't breaking the dress code) I'd find a course with a stricter dress code.

What bothers me more is people who don't know proper golf etiquette. I've seen people dressed to the nines who had very bad manners on the course and those dressed in jeans shorts and T-shirts who were a walking golf etiquette poster.

Very casual, for the most part. Jeans are common, but not in the majority. I have seen sweat pants a couple of times. Polo, tucked or untucked. Name brands are at a minimum. Walmart brand and Starter are common, with the high end being Under Armor. Around here, we dress for comfort, and nobody is trying to impress anyone.

If it is a nice course, then there is an understood dress code. Price will keep out the tanktop crowd. But if I am at a course that is >$20 per 9, then I expect to see that. Which is fine. Too anybody who feels that you HAVE to wear polos and slacks on the course, then you are ruining the game for a lot of average golfers.

I have played courses that had strict dress codes. Those courses better be top notch, otherwise is it really pompous.

Golf is no longer a game for the rich and white. More people golfing is a good thing, sometimes people golf in tanktops and cutoff jean shorts. If that keeps them golfing, then I am ok with it.

As long as it's within the dress code of the course, I don't know why it would anger anybody. If the course doesn't care, who am I to let it bother me?
What bothers me more is people who don't know proper golf etiquette. I've seen people dressed to the nines who had very bad manners on the course and those dressed in jeans shorts and T-shirts who were a walking golf etiquette poster.

And that's the thing too. They are loud and don't repair divots or ball marks. It just kinda irks me. Didn't mean to go all Ranty on everyone. LOL But there IS supposed to be a dress code, just nobody seems to enforce it. So whatev flows goes. What really bothers me, no matter where you are: Wife beater tank tops.

It angers me greatly to see people playing in jeans. Tee shirts too. Is a polo and khaki shorts (or some kind of sporty short) so hard to ask??

damn.... You'd be angry at most of the courses I play

But there IS supposed to be a dress code, just nobody seems to enforce it. So whatev flows goes.

Not every course has a dress code. Without a dress code, golfers can wear whatever makes them comfortable. If you don't like the golfers at the course, go to a different course.

Not every course has a dress code. Without a dress code, golfers can wear whatever makes them comfortable. If you don't like the golfers at the course, go to a different course.

He could be talking about his course. But again, if they don't enforce it either the course doesn't really care or there really isn't one. I find that the more rural (farming community) courses are more lax. And I played a lot of them when I was married to a girl who was from Iowa and we went up to visit.

If the course has starters and marshalls that let that stuff go, then complain to management. Or find a different course.

If the course has starters and marshalls that let that stuff go, then complain to management. Or find a different course.

I wouldn't want to do that. I'd make it my "go to" course and consider myself lucky at finding it.

I belong to a country club with alot of older members so it is usually very plain colours, browns, blacks, whites and khakis. I usually wear oranges, blues, purples, etc. I see alot of coloured style here though in the juniors mostly.

At the courses I play the great majority of the poeple are in basic shorts and golf shirts, no denim at all. If it happens to be cold in the morning then dockers style pants is the choice. The colors are black, beige, brown and blue usually for the bottoms and just about any color for the tops. I really do not see alot of brand name golf wear out on the courses other than nike, reebok, addidas brands, I dont see alot of the other brands so often mentioned on this site like Sligo, SubSeventy, Travis Matthew etc.

Our course allows jeans. Here's a pic of Ole Gray playing not too long ago. He plans to wear his nicer clothes when we go to the PGA National. He has reserved his best overalls, white belt, and t-shirt for that round. Dress appropriately wherever you go....not too hard to figure out.

DSCF7524.jpg

Our course allows jeans. Here's a pic of Ole Gray playing not too long ago. He plans to wear his nicer clothes when we go to the PGA National. He has reserved his best overalls, white belt, and t-shirt for that round. Dress appropriately wherever you go....not too hard to figure out.

I think the white belt on tour just went out of style. Lol.

I like Nike, Loudmouth, Badger (School Golf Polo Company) Footjoy, and Under Armour. I will ALWAYS be wearing a polo and shorts or pants. Doesn't Matter the weather. If it's cold, I like sweaters, sweater vests, and cardigans. I like the style aspect of the game almost as much as I love golf. And that's alot.....

It may just be me, but I could care less how others dress as long as they follow whatever dress code is in place where they are playing. I have said forever, that it really just depends on what part of the world you are at in regards to what is acceptable attire at the course. Dress codes I would guess would be different at a rural course in Kentucky versus Pebble Beach. There is no right or wrong in this debate.

Back