Playing 72 holes at Tot Hill, Little River Resort and Tabacco Road this weeked.

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
I am headed to Pinehurst on Friday morning to play at two of Golf Digest toughest courses. http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/golf-courses/2007-03/gd50toughestcourses?currentPage=1

I will be playing at Tot Hill on Friday, which is number 7 on the list. http://www.tothillfarm.com/

On Sunday we will be playing at Tabacco Road, which is number 10 on the list.
http://www.tobaccoroadgolf.com/top50hardestcourses.html
I am hoping to just break 100 at each of them. It would be awesome to stay in the 90s!

We are playing 36 holes on Saturday at Little River Golf Resort.
http://www.littleriver.com/Golf-Course_16894906cc56159a204c.html

I will post some pictures and reviews next week when I get back.

I hope you have good weather, I'm in Chapel Hill and the past weekend was awfully cold. My last play at Tobacco Road was last spring, at that time the course was in great shape. It's always a fun play once you get past the visual distractions and realize its a target golf course you can score on it.

thats awesome bro! So, did you buy a golf package or what? Like a stay and play type of deal?

thats awesome bro! So, did you buy a golf package or what? Like a stay and play type of deal?

Yeah, I think it was like $250 for all the golf, lodging and two breakfasts.

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

I love Tot Hill. If you are not hitting it well that day it will be a difficult test. Have not played Tobacco yet but will definitely be playing it this year. Have fun dmb

Yeah, I think it was like $250 for all the golf, lodging and two breakfasts.

thats a sick deal!! How many people you have going?

Good luck man!

Good luck man I am very jealous right now, and that price is unbelievable.

Tobacco Road is a great course but it can be a little intimidating at times.Also,you need to try The Pit sometime if you get the chance.IT has been two years since I played in Pinehurst but I definitely want to go back .

Tobacco Road is a great course but it can be a little intimidating at times.Also,you need to try The Pit sometime if you get the chance.IT has been two years since I played in Pinehurst but I definitely want to go back .

I played there two years ago.

Man, have fun this weekend. I am jealous! haha

Sounds like an awesome trip. Have fun!

Sounds like an awesome trip. Hope the weather is kind to you. Great price.

Tobacco Road is a fun course...Bring a rangefinder and the round will be more fun...Definite target golf....That is a crazy good deal....I second The Pit and Tot Hill Farms....And if you get a chance stop in at the Pinehurst clubhouse....Fun to see all the names/plaques on the walls....

I got to play Tobacco Road for the first time last May, it was great! I'm hoping to take my dad down there this year (probably spring) and stay for a long weekend and play 3-4 rounds - does anyone know a good place to get package deals that include Tobacco Road?

I got to play Tobacco Road for the first time last May, it was great! I'm hoping to take my dad down there this year (probably spring) and stay for a long weekend and play 3-4 rounds - does anyone know a good place to get package deals that include Tobacco Road?

You can check out http://www.sandhillsgolf.com/ they run packages for the whole sandhills area....

Here are the pictures from the weekend golf trip.

IMG_4416.jpg

Number 1 at Tot Hill. Par 4

IMG_4417.jpg

Number 3, "The Rock" Par 3

IMG_4418.jpg

Number 7 at Tot Hill. Par 4

IMG_4419.jpg

Number 8 at Tot Hill. Par 5

IMG_4422.jpg

Number 11 at Tot Hill. Par 3

I forgot to take the camera out at the Little River Golf Resort. It was a nice links style course.

Tobacco Road Day.
IMG_4425.jpg

Hole number 1, Par 5

IMG_4429.jpg

Hole number 6, Par 3

IMG_4434.jpg

Hole number 7, Par 4

IMG_4435.jpg

Hole number 8, Par 3

IMG_4437.jpg

Hole number 9, Par 4

IMG_4438.jpg

Bunker on hole number 9.

IMG_4440.jpg

Hole number 10, Par 4

IMG_4441.jpg

The really big bunker on hole 11, Par 5

IMG_4443.jpg

Hole number 13 tee off, Par 5

IMG_4444.jpg

The second part to hole number 11.

IMG_4446.jpg

Hole number 12, Par 3

I forgot to take pictures the rest of the round, due to me struggling a little bit after flying the green on the last par three. Sorry.

All of the courses I played were amazing. I think I like Tobacco Road the best. It was so beautiful and every hole just seemed to amaze me. It also tested every skill I have as a golfer.

Try www.Maplesgolf.com .They have some good packages.Tobacco Road is really awsome when the grass in the rough is greener and thicker!

Thanks for the pics. I would love to play up there someday.

Try www.Maplesgolf.com .They have some good packages.Tobacco Road is really awsome when the grass in the rough is greener and thicker!

Summer Special (2N, 3R)
July 1-Sept 6, 2011
$199 per person

Choose 3 rounds from the following:
The Pit
Tobacco Road
Talamore
Foxfire
Longleaf
Whispering Woods
Whispering Pines
Deercroft
Tot Hill (played Mon-Thurs).

Two nights in a two-bedroom or three-bedroom golf front or lake front condo.

Hmmmmm.... if only our baby wasn't due July 3rd... maybe next year. :)

thanks for the pics DMB! that looked like a great time!!

awesome pics! that bunker is like a crater! I'd avoid that with everything I have. Thanks for sharing bud.

It was a blast of a weekend. The weather was perfect on Sunday at Tobacco Road. Nice 70*! Tobacco Road I think is the best course I have ever played in my life. Every time I have played it, it just amazes me on each hole.

Back