Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I looked at it was because of the putter thread you have, I doubt I would have found it on my own.

I feel like I owe you a cookie. My wife's reaction was less stellar though :D

Glad I could show ya something you liked, sorry for the wife's reaction lol.

I need a billet of damascus steel...look like lots of emailing coming lol, anyone have any ideas?

Any opinions on the Burner Superfast TP in here? I hit one today my co-worker is offering me and I was hitting missiles with it, he's offering the driver and a box of Pentas for 200 total, driver is basically new.

I gamed one a good part of last year and liked it a lot. Until I started slicing and the open face didnt help. But I saw good distance out of it still. If youre hitting it that good you cant argue with the results.

Ok guys im still gaming my x-22 irons I've had since 2008. I have been considering buying new irons since last summer, and came close to buying a new set of Ping G15s last month. My question is does anyone own G15 irons, and how do you like them and/or able to compare them to Cally X-22s? My last irons before the X-22s were Ping i5s I liked, but couldn't hit the long irons well. The only experience I have hitting the G15s was at the nets at the golf shop and they felt great, although much different feel than X-22s. The soles are wider than my callys and the long irons seem easier to hit. Thanks in advance for any help.

I really really really really really really really really really really really want a stubby.

bb_32.JPG

Guess who has one....

IMG_1834Medium.jpg

IMG_1833Medium.jpg

IMG_1832Medium.jpg

It was a sarcastic gitft from a friend I play with when we go to Orlando after nice day on the greens....NOT!

Ok guys im still gaming my x-22 irons I've had since 2008. I have been considering buying new irons since last summer, and came close to buying a new set of Ping G15s last month. My question is does anyone own G15 irons, and how do you like them and/or able to compare them to Cally X-22s? My last irons before the X-22s were Ping i5s I liked, but couldn't hit the long irons well. The only experience I have hitting the G15s was at the nets at the golf shop and they felt great, although much different feel than X-22s. The soles are wider than my callys and the long irons seem easier to hit. Thanks in advance for any help.

Let me ask this, since youre already playing Callaway irons have you checked out the X-24 Hot irons? Awesome sticks that I liked quite a bit more then the G15's in just about every category. Looks, feel, distance and forgiveness. The G15's will get the ball up in the air real easy though, if thats something you struggle with.

Yah they have the Black Tour I series that has the tungsten weight but an insert. Was just curious how it compared (or if it were the same) as the other inserts.

I loved the weight of the White Hot Tour 9 but the insert was way too soft and ruined my distance control.

JRod,
Take a look at callawaypreowned.com or globalgolf.com (in that site's used club section), the prices for the Black Tour Series 9 are almost 40% less for "mint" condition used putters than the new price on those putters. Hope that helps you out!

JRod,
Take a look at callawaypreowned.com or globalgolf.com (in that site's used club section), the prices for the Black Tour Series 9 are almost 40% less for "mint" condition used putters than the new price on those putters. Hope that helps you out!

Awesome thanks a ton Ary!

Sorry I didn't see your post. I have the G15's and absolutely love them. I have not had a shot yet that I couldn't hit with them. As a very big digger type player the sole on these help a lot so that I'm not burying the club in the ground. The long irons are hybrid like. I have so much confidence in the 4 iron I have contemplated getting a 3 iron for my set. I thought the wedges would be a problem because I was used to the MB's that I was playing prior but I love the short irons in the G15's. Feel of the irons is as good as any others I've tried as well. I got mine with the KBS tour because I hated the ball flight with the stock shafts. The AWT was ballooning slightly on me and I had played the KBS in my prior irons. For me the G15/KBS combo is perfect. Nice high ball flight that does not balloon at all. Any questions just ask

Check out my review of the G15 irons
http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=10081

Out of curiosity, why are you looking to switch?

If we find out why he wants to switch, we can recommend that much more gear dude! And that's what this thread is about hehe
How dare you ask such a thing in this thread! Tsk tsk! lol

If we find out why he wants to switch, we can recommend that much more gear dude! And that's what this thread is about hehe

Ok guys im still gaming my x-22 irons I've had since 2008.

That line right there made my butt cheeks squirm.

Because OEM is always moving forward?
Ok guys im still gaming my x-22 irons I've had since 2008.

That line right there made my butt cheeks squirm.

Because OEM is always moving forward?

Yes. Always take your equipment pondering forward not backwards. And because he already games the X-22's I feel like he should ponder the X-24's. We already know theyre excellent sticks.

that was my original thought when I saw his post but wanted some more info. If he was looking for more distance then the 24's are a no brainer. If he was looking for something else then that's a whole different suggestion box for him
Yes. Always take your equipment pondering forward not backwards. And because he already games the X-22's I feel like he should ponder the X-24's. We already know theyre excellent sticks.

that was my original thought when I saw his post but wanted some more info. If he was looking for more distance then the 24's are a no brainer. If he was looking for something else then that's a whole different suggestion box for him

I concur. I guess we have to wait for an update. Im pondering a new phone. Right now looking at the Dell Streak. That sucker has a 5" screen!!

you're always pondering a new phone. you just want to be able to tell people 'I''m Streakin'!' Actually that's not a bad commercial idea....time to go talk to my in-house patent attorney
I concur. I guess we have to wait for an update. Im pondering a new phone. Right now looking at the Dell Streak. That sucker has a 5" screen!!

you're always pondering a new phone. you just want to be able to tell people 'I''m Streakin'!' Actually that's not a bad commercial idea....time to go talk to my in-house patent attorney

I like it! Dell really missed the boat on advertising the Streak.

Why not wait for the streak 7?

Not positive but I dont think that one is a phone. The Streak is also a phone and a pretty good one from what I read. Were going to get blasted here soon for being way off topic.

In the name of getting back on topic, Im pondering and cant wait to get my two Mashies. Mmmmm Mashie goodness.

Not positive but I dont think that one is a phone. The Streak is also a phone and a pretty good one from what I read. Were going to get blasted here soon for being way off topic.

In the name of getting back on topic, Im pondering and cant wait to get my two Mashies. Mmmmm Mashie goodness.

I'm with you, there are going to be two mashies in my bag at some point but I said I wasn't going to buy any new clubs till after the outing.

I'm with you, there are going to be two mashies in my bag at some point but I said I wasn't going to buy any new clubs till after the outing.

See, Mashies dont count. Only stuff I havent hit or played so you can be exempted too.

Based on what you were saying on the Mashie thread, you dont think the M2 & M3 are too close in loft to put together in the bag?

See, Mashies dont count. Only stuff I havent hit or played so you can be exempted too.

Alright that works for me, so mashies and putters are good, everything else is out. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back