Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Pandute and I are heading to the range again today. We hope to get a decent game by the outing. Heck, I am even giving up my beloved 80* wedge in an effort to post a decent score. Still debating on the 73*.

What goals is everyone setting for themselves on the Champions course this year? And none of that, "ah, to have a good time" or "to mingle and enjoy my company" stuff. So let me rephrase: what golf goals are you setting for yourselves this year?

I have a couple:

-to break 80, which I almost did last year, even starting out double/double on 1 & 2
-to register a birdie on one of the bear trap holes
-to really focus on hitting more gir's

What goals is everyone setting for themselves on the Champions course this year? And none of that, "ah, to have a good time" or "to mingle and enjoy my company" stuff. So let me rephrase: what golf goals are you setting for yourselves this year?

I have a couple:

-to break 80, which I almost did last year, even starting out double/double on 1 & 2

Those are great goals. I only have one...To have a good time. Kidding of course. My goal is to break 80. I should have last year, and still do not know why I didnt other than just missing too many putts. This year I really am going in thinking I should be able to.

-Break 85.
-Beat TC
-No 3 putts
-1 ball all day

Last edited:

I have a couple:

This will be my first attempt at the champions course so my goal is to break 90 on that course and 85 on the Squire.

My goal is rather simple, but will be hard to do: break 100. I think I can do if I can get my ball striking a bit better. I bogeyed #1 on the Champion last year but everything went to crap after that. If I could keep that momentum going for a round, I'll be mighty happy. Odds are against me though, as I'll have the difficulty of adjusting to the damper FL air (among other things). Anyways, that's my goal. I hope to achieve it.

I have a couple:

My goals are:

- to be relaxed when I tee it up on number1. If you ask One-t and SethO I played the first 3-4 holes without getting comfortable. My swing was extremely fast and I ended up shanking some shots early. I rebounded after a few holes but it really was a miserable start. Didn't help that my 2nd shot of the day had to be taken left handed because the ball was right up against a tree.
-Not lose as many balls, I think I lost 7 on the champions course.
- I'm aiming to break 85 on the champions course. That was my goal last year and if I didn't get off to a +7 start after 3, I would have been close.

Considering the slope and rating, I will be happy to put a 95 up on the Champ. Id like to avoid any big numbers.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

My goal will be to make it through the round w/o having to stop at the bathroom on every hole. Might be a challenge.

Um... I'm scared about the Champions course. About how many balls would you say one loses on that beast as a high handicapper?

My goal will be to make it through the round w/o having to stop at the bathroom on every hole. Might be a challenge.

Um... I'm scared about the Champions course. About how many balls would you say one loses on that beast as a high handicapper?

Haha great goal! That's so funny. I am not pregnant and that is still a goal of mine through every round. I try to make it through without a bathroom break.

I think I only lost about 4 balls but that's because I got lucky and made it over the water at the Bear Trap. I would make sure to have at least a dozen balls just in case you fall victim to the water. It's easy to do there.

I am going to say my goal is to

Break 85
No 3 putts
One birdie on each 9.

Pretty simple

I am going to say my goal is to

Break 85
No 3 putts
One birdie on each 9.

Pretty simple

I like those goals. I may have to steal them. Although I think if goals 2 and 3 happen, 1 will be a no brainer, shooting 80 may even be in play.

My single goal is to leave with my wedges decided upon, this two different brands stuff has got to go.

Oh and not have 'ed after my name would be nice as well.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

My single goal is to leave with my wedges decided upon, this two different brands stuff has got to go.

Oh and not have 'ed after my name would be nice as well.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

That's actually a great goal. So far THP outings are 2 for 2 though.

That's actually a great goal. So far THP outings are 2 for 2 though.

it's ok it makes Hanks and myself
barney-stinson-legendary.jpg

plans for a 2nd round sunday? id like to squeeze in one last round before i leave early mon am! so excited - cant wait to start hittng the courses in preparation.

Alright everybody everything is set for second round Saturday:

ok everyone ...here we go.

Format will be a captains choice/scramble- so, everyone will hit a drive, you pick the best drive, everyone plays from that ball, and you continue this process til the ball is in the hole. I hope this makes sense!

There will be a $10 entry fee, but do not look at it as an entry fee, this fee will get you 2 mulligans to use anywhere throughout the round. so, your team will have a total of 8 mulligans which means we should see some low scores. Mulligans can be used on putts.

with the $10 entry fee that means there is $360 to split. Here is how it will be split.

1st place- $40 (*or 8 drinks in the ibar)
2nd place- $30 (*or 6 drinks in the ibar)
3rd place- $20 (*or 4 drinks in the ibar)

*assuming it is buy 1 get 1 free

Please let me know if anyone is not ok with a $10 entry fee, I do not want to put anyone in a bad spot.

Ok, now to the part I am sure you all have been waiting for....teams...this part was difficult but I got it to as close of hdcps as possible. Every teams total hdcp averages 60-65 (this was not easy to get to). There is one team that I will call out to add some pressure to their performance and that is the team of, SethO, Ddec, P4bdad, and Hanks because their hdcp came to a wopping 46 total. so, they better perform!!!! No pressure fellas!

Team 1 = TC, CoolBreez,Pirate, WR
Team 2 = Rbelbin,Gray,Chunyloversfriend,Adamsgirl
Team 3 = G4L, DMB, True Temper, Clamfist
Team 4 = Biggsy, UncleDaddy,OEMKevin, Spank2
Team 5 = Dakota,Bulldog,SWFLA, CG-13
Team 6 = DrTeeth, Mrblind9, RxGus, 9Iron
Team 7 = Thainer, Chunkylover, KellyBo, SMG
Team 8 = P4B, OneT, Yoccos, Spank
Team 9 = Ddec, P4Bdad, Setho, Hanks

the team to beat is in bold! hehehe

My goals are:

- to be relaxed when I tee it up on number1. If you ask One-t and SethO I played the first 3-4 holes without getting comfortable. My swing was extremely fast and I ended up shanking some shots early. I rebounded after a few holes but it really was a miserable start. Didn't help that my 2nd shot of the day had to be taken left handed because the ball was right up against a tree.-Not lose as many balls, I think I lost 7 on the champions course.
- I'm aiming to break 85 on the champions course. That was my goal last year and if I didn't get off to a +7 start after 3, I would have been close.

I remember this like it was yesterday!! I was just proud to not see a foot wedge. Once we all got comfortable we had an awesome time.

I remember this like it was yesterday!! I was just proud to not see a foot wedge. Once we all got comfortable we had an awesome time.

it was probably the most fun I've ever had on a golf course

My goals this year are to break 85.
Make good swings
make better decisions
make putts

Last ear I was going through a swing funk, I hope I have it all worked out and just get out there and play like I know how

it was probably the most fun I've ever had on a golf course

I agree man, although I have the fortune to tee it up with the Callaway family fairly often and each time it is a freakin blast!
My goals are to be in the 80's on every course I play and to make sure that I have fun first and foremost.

I agree man, although I have the fortune to tee it up with the Callaway family fairly often and each time it is a freakin blast!
My goals are to be in the 80's on every course I play and to make sure that I have fun first and foremost.

I just had to highlight this for JB, hehe

Thanks Setho, we enjoy having our little Irishman tee it up with us as well.

This will be my first attempt at the champions course so my goal is to break 90 on that course and 85 on the Squire.

Just so you know...
If you play the blue's on each course (which I did last year) the squire plays tougher than the champion. (Squire 72.1, 140, 6465; Champ 71.8, 138, 6373)

Edit: The champ has an aura about it though. I shot a 104 on the champ (ESC 98) and an 88 on the squire.

Back