What do you do for a living?

Owner of a small family Electrical Contracting company in New Jersey,
Wow its been 3 years since I logged on, good to be back. Two little ones is the reason.

Cost controls for large construction. Looking to transition into project management since I now have my PMP.

How terrible was that exam? Have mine too and that exam was brutal...terrible exam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How terrible was that exam? Have mine too and that exam was brutal...terrible exam

Definitely ended up being harder than I thought and required way more study time. I've been in the field of project management for years now so I thought most of it would come easily. I got a rude awakening when our teacher for the class said to forget everything we know lol. Fortunately a lot of it I already applied regularly or knew about, but the exam was a b!tch! I honestly clicked submit and wasn't sure I passed even though I had been killing all of my practice tests up to that point.

You probably know this, but they just changed the exam a couple months ago which added nearly 500 pages to the PMBOK of stuff that is completely irrelevant to the construction industry. I'm so glad I passed when I did!

Definitely ended up being harder than I thought and required way more study time. I've been in the field of project management for years now so I thought most of it would come easily. I got a rude awakening when our teacher for the class said to forget everything we know lol. Fortunately a lot of it I already applied regularly or knew about, but the exam was a b!tch! I honestly clicked submit and wasn't sure I passed even though I had been killing all of my practice tests up to that point.

You probably know this, but they just changed the exam a couple months ago which added nearly 500 pages to the PMBOK of stuff that is completely irrelevant to the construction industry. I'm so glad I passed when I did!

Same here....i’ve never felt soooooo uncomfortable submitting a test in my life. I’ve never taken such a poorly constructed exam. The questions on the actual exam ended up being so strange.

Commercial/Fleet manager for Ford

I am a production supervisor/ assist. fabrication superintendent for HVAC manufacturing corporation.

Auditor/Accountant by trade, but have ventured into risk management in the financial industry.

Area Manufacturing Manager for British Steel based at the Continuous Casting Plant.

From retired air traffic controller to Dept. of Defense auditor (Defense Contract Audit Agency) - - had to do something with my brand new accounting degrees!!

I'm a fifth grade teacher.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I do all the Information Technology on a six-building campus (CIO to the guy under the desk). Oversight of Finance, contract administration, and human resources benefit planning and administration. I also oversee safety and security on campus. Help with advertising, PR, and donor management and communication. I also lead or do project management for everything from new construction, remodeling, to special events. Much of my career was in high technology executive management and as a volunteer serving on various non-profit boards and committees.

Im a tool and die maker / supervisor

Construction: Plumbing & Utilities; Project Management

I'm a nerd herder

Retired. I was in sales management for most of my career but the last few years I wore many hats, Director of Sales Services, Chief Information Security Officer among other duties that didn't include titles.

Chiropractic rehabilitation, applied kinesiology and nutritional counseling, 35 years.

Marketing/Sales, self-employed.

I am currently a stay at home dad, before I "retired" it was livestock feed manufacturing and logistics.

I am a Cheesemaker.

Store manager at Wally World

I am a senior loan officer for a mortgage company.

I'm a gas plant operator at a natural gas Storage Company

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Back