Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang ST, hard to believe you guy's got it harder than us, but so much came up off the coast this year. I personally talked to that ground hog and he assured me warm weather is just around the corner, lol.
By God I hope you jerked a knot in his tail too :D

Notice the part circled in orange.... Ya its cold

IMG_0757.png

Feels like -15* in the Chicago burbs with a ton of snow on the ground, every time I drive past a course I get depressed!

Well it's going to be a balmy day here in southern Oklahoma.. right around 18* with snow, and a nice windchill of around -10*.. I will be heading out of town later on this week, so that means I will be able to finally hit some golf balls!

A couple inches of fresh snow yesterday, but sunny and warmer the next 5 day's at least with almost 60* predicted for Sunday??? Is it stil February?

A couple inches of fresh snow yesterday, but sunny and warmer the next 5 day's at least with almost 60* predicted for Sunday??? Is it stil February?

We got about 2" at the most last night, and we're supposed to hit 28 tomorrow, 39 on Friday, 42 on Saturday and 48 on Sunday. 50's by Tuesday. Too bad I gotta work Saturday. Sunday is my get my stuff in order day for the next week.

Figure we have one or two more good snows before it's over? Hopefully only one or two.

We got about 2" at the most last night, and we're supposed to hit 28 tomorrow, 39 on Friday, 42 on Saturday and 48 on Sunday. 50's by Tuesday. Too bad I gotta work Saturday. Sunday is my get my stuff in order day for the next week.

Figure we have one or two more good snows before it's over? Hopefully only one or two.

Gotta have faith buddy, lol. Realistically, we should see some more snow at times, but just melting all of this as we go should get us on the course much sooner.

it was high 30s sunny and breezy
its supposed to snow tonight
so i played golf in like 8 layers of clothes today

Well we did it... super bowl party Sunday in NY (got home after midnight). on Monday, we got on I-95 (just north of philly) at 9AM. Drove 141 miles south to Baywood greens in Delaware. As I pulled out of my driveway, I smiled at the five foot piles of snow on either side from shoveling multiple storms. Took the day off, told my boss in chicago I was heading south on I-95 until I found a course that was open. It took about 110 miles before we stopped seeing snow. Had us worried...

We drove straight through without stopping. Got in the car it was in the low 30's. We pulled into the parking spot in front of the clubhouse. There was maybe 15 cars in the parking lot. I had my gortex sweater on. My crazy friend Chris wore shorts (and eventually paid for that decision - see below).

$25 bucks with our hudson valley coupon book (including unilimited range balls). Not bad for a course that we paid over $100 to play in May, 2010. The sun was shining, not a bit of wind. Temp was just about 50. It was beautiful. While on the range, the sprinklers were chugging watering several portions of the range (thought that was a bit strange considering they were getting more snow on Tuesday). I can't describe the feeling I had hitting balls on the range.

We had 2 singles join us. Rodney for the front 9 (chef at the baywood greens restaurant) and Ed (from Wilmington, DE). Both great guys. I can honestly say sticking the tee in the ground on the first tee was almost a religious experience. Not quite up there with watching my kids being born, but certainly a huge uplifting moment.

I hit several greens in regulation but putting was impossible. The greens so bumpy and slow you literally had to play a 10 foot putt as if it were 20. Also, the bumps so severe as the ball slowed the bumps changed the direction several times before stopping. All that being said, I could not stop smiling. I was finally playing golf again.

On a few of the early holes, I contemplated taking off my gortex sweater. By the time we got to 8, that thought never entered my mind again. The sun went bye bye hidden behind clouds never to return again. The winds once quiet started to blow harder. The temp dropped from the 50s to 41. The real feel temp had to be in the low 30s. It was so cold, Chris who normally claims he doesn't ever wear long pants when playing golf, did not turn down throwing my zero restriction jacket across his legs while we drove the cart.

I can't say we didn't regret when we got done playing 18. But, I can also say we had no regrets making the trip. Mother nature is supposed to warm up in the Philly area over the next few weeks. Hopefully, the snow will soon be gone and we can soon squeeze in those winter mid week above average temp afternoon rounds at the local courses.

Central nj. The snow will not leave!!

it snowed all night last night and this weekend is forecast to be close to 60

its gorgeous outside... but theres still snow trying to melt... hopefully tomorrow will be playable but i have to work so meh

The snow here is horrible!About 3 feet cover in my yard,but it's warming up to a toasty 50 by friday.Here's hoping the snow melts soon.I can't wait for spring and golf season to start.

theres still a bit of snow on the ground but its supposed to get into the 60s today

You have to be kidding me!!! 61* today, 50* tomorrow and climbing up from there with 67* on Thursday before we go to a wedding in KS.

I have to get the hell out of this house. If they wont let me on the course I may go midevil on someones arse!!!

You have to be kidding me!!! 61* today, 50* tomorrow and climbing up from there with 67* on Thursday before we go to a wedding in KS.

I have to get the hell out of this house. If they wont let me on the course I may go midevil on someones arse!!!

Just go man, just go.

Just go man, just go.

I'm going to try, but these courses are funny about us being out there before they say go. The ground freezes really deep and they don't want you on the greens if frozen. Hell the lakes still have a foot of ice or better. I might make it to this old country course if they let us.

No go! These courses are not going to let us step foot out there. My neighbors are going to think I flipped out when they see me in the back yard tearing up sod, lol.

Where in KS due ?
Its supposed to warm up here too , hopefully this snow will be gone by the weekend and I can get out !!!!

Where in KS due ?
Its supposed to warm up here too , hopefully this snow will be gone by the weekend and I can get out !!!!

I'll be down East of you toward Pittsburg. But, we are combining a wedding and meeting up with my three kids and family, so doubt I'll see any golf this time. I'm working hard on making it out between now and then, if there's any place that will let us but not looking good.

Springs on its way, I just need to be patient, lol

I'll be down East of you toward Pittsburg. But, we are combining a wedding and meeting up with my three kids and family, so doubt I'll see any golf this time. I'm working hard on making it out between now and then, if there's any place that will let us but not looking good.

Springs on its way, I just need to be patient, lol
OHHHHHHH , Gorilla country :D
Hopefully , You , bulldog and I can get together sometime this spring/summer ( if your not in summer school ... LOL ) and play a round !!

Yeah, in fact I hope we can put something together in the mid spring time. Jman from Okla wants to meet up some where down the road as well.

With that, the cold temps are gone. Next 10+ days are all 55*-70*, now we just have to deal with thunder storms/rain/wind every now and then, until summer hits. Should have a lot of good golf days ahead.

sorry I hate to rub this in guys. But the forecast in Vegas next week is the first week with ALL Days over 60*. :bananadance::banana:

yup yup. And my work just renewed all my vacation days. I smell a 4 day staycation golf trip coming up......
BTW new clubs expected monday or tuesday as well..... :banana::bananadance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back