The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See when you have to get up for work how do you do that? Does your alarm go off and you jump right out of bed? Do you feel groggy in the morning? I think when I get up my first problem is I think of all the crappy things I have to do that day, and then I allow myself a couple more minutes of sleep.

I don't set an alarm because it would wake my wife up and probably the kid too, then I'm starting the day with an angry wife and a grumpy kid and that sucks. I just wake up every day at 5:30 and kind of dose until 5:45 and then get up and go to the nearest coffee pot I can find. I also go to bed what you would consider early just because of getting up so early.

I don't set an alarm because it would wake my wife up and probably the kid too, then I'm starting the day with an angry wife and a grumpy kid and that sucks. I just wake up every day at 5:30 and kind of dose until 5:45 and then get up and go to the nearest coffee pot I can find. I also go to bed what you would consider early just because of getting up so early.

I am so envious right now. I wish I could do that. And without an alarm! Impressive. You've earned yourself some true style points.

just wait. It will boggle your mind on what you get done with <5 hrs of sleep

I am so envious right now. I wish I could do that. And without an alarm! Impressive. You've earned yourself some true style points.

Thanks man, I was like you when I was about your age. Then I moved away from home for University and had to work to pay for school and rent and well living. Once you have all that too do plus school it all just sort of happens because if you don't get up to go to work then you can't afford to live or go to school, and then you go to school because you work too hard to pay for it you have to try hard.

Thanks man, I was like you when I was about your age. Then I moved away from home for University and had to work to pay for school and rent and well living. Once you have all that too do plus school it all just sort of happens because if you don't get up to go to work then you can't afford to live or go to school, and then you go to school because you work too hard to pay for it you have to try hard.

I should consider myself in the same situation - If I don't get up for school and miss classes I could fail. Still doesn't phase me, which is sad.

I should consider myself in the same situation - If I don't get up for school and miss classes I could fail. Still doesn't phase me, which is sad.

Thats true. I'm a morning person though and like to get the day going and get all the things on my list crossed off, I love going to bed though as early as I can.

Thats true. I'm a morning person though and like to get the day going and get all the things on my list crossed off, I love going to bed though as early as I can.

I shall find a priest or someone who can convert me into one of those.

Ive become a morning person after years of getting up year in college. I carried 15+ hours and worked 40 hrs a week. With a good social life and grades.

Ive become a morning person after years of getting up year in college. I carried 15+ hours and worked 40 hrs a week. With a good social life and grades.

that'll do it.

I've been a morning ever since I started working for this company - 25 years ago. Funny though - throughout the years I find myself waking up earlier and working longer hours. I'm awake at 4am weekdays and in the office by 5:30am.

I've been a morning ever since I started working for this company - 25 years ago. Funny though - throughout the years I find myself waking up earlier and working longer hours. I'm awake at 4am weekdays and in the office by 5:30am.

I hear you. I don't "have" to be at work until 8am but I always get up at 5:45am and am at work by 6:00am. Other people in the office start showing up around 7:45, but I get more work done in that first hour and forty five than I might for the rest of the day.

im an all day person... insomnia sucks

I hear you. I don't "have" to be at work until 8am but I always get up at 5:45am and am at work by 6:00am. Other people in the office start showing up around 7:45, but I get more work done in that first hour and forty five than I might for the rest of the day.

Does that mean you get to leave earlier than everyone else too?

Wow, you wake up at 5:45am and are in the office 15 minutes later? I take a few minutes to wrap up my dialysis, clean up, then I shower, dress, cook my breakfast, pack my breakfast and lunch, clean up the kitchen and drive 20 minutes to get to work by 5:30am.

Not really, I'm the boss so with that comes longer hours than most.

I know I don't. I get in at 5:30am and leave at 4pm. Long days, but they pay well and have kept me around 25 years!

Oh boy, not lookin forward to the working life. Thank god I get to choose my own hours this summer.

Wow, you wake up at 5:45am and are in the office 15 minutes later? I take a few minutes to wrap up my dialysis, clean up, then I shower, dress, cook my breakfast, pack my breakfast and lunch, clean up the kitchen and drive 20 minutes to get to work by 5:30am.

Once I'm up I get dressed and I'm off to work. I like to shower, pack my lunch get my clothes ready all the night before. I have a kitchen at the office where I have my own stash of breakfast cereal and a badass coffee maker and I do all that there. The office is pretty close obviously so thats how I like to do things.

Oh boy, not lookin forward to the working life. Thank god I get to choose my own hours this summer.

It's not so bad, really. I work long hours because I have two people who work for me on EST, two on CST, and the other six are PST. I like being available for them. Call it it being a servant leader.

It's not so bad, really. I work long hours because I have two people who work for me on EST, two on CST, and the other six are PST. I like being available for them. Call it it being a servant leader.

I'm sure you're really used to it as well. So I could see it being okay.

Just thought I would tell Tina HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! Sorry I am in NC and you are in Arizona on such a special day!

Ike, they said it wouldnt work. The miles were too far for happiness to travel. How wrong they were!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ike, they said it wouldnt work. The miles were too far for happiness to travel. How wrong they were!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know!! Stupid haters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back