2011 grammy awards show

Someone get the hook and ring this band off stage.

If I wanted to have the lights flickered and get yelled at, I wouldve told my girlfriend to go sleep on the couch.

Arcade Fire. Wow. That reminded me of The Clash for some reason. Minus the guys on the bikes.

Kevin

i didnt mind arcade fire but their light show was terrible

kris kristopherson holy cow... he's gone downhill since blade

Oh boy, they're French Canadian?

Kevin

Grammys just started here on the West Coast. Lady Gaga is more talented than I give her credit for. Those shoulders look terrible though.

Grammys just started here on the West Coast. Lady Gaga is more talented than I give her credit for. Those shoulders look terrible though.

whoops... sorry bonk... shoulda threw spoiler alerts hahaha

is it me or does marc antony look like a complete mismatch with j-lo? she looks like a full grown woman and he looks like a tiny adult head photoshopped onto a skinny 12yr olds body?

Funny you said that because I've thought that many times. They don't look like the typical celebrity couple.

In Marc Antony's defense, I heard he's quite the golf enthusiast. He plays all the time and loves his expensive Honma irons. I wonder if J-Lo plays golf as well? We should tell them about THP!

I don't know how the academy (or whoever) selects the winners of each award. They must either throw darts or pull names from hats. Who the hell is the best new artist and how did arcade fire win album of the year? I am sure they sold more albums and got more radio play than eminem.

I don't know how the academy (or whoever) selects the winners of each award. They must either throw darts or pull names from hats. Who the hell is the best new artist and how did arcade fire win album of the year? I am sure they sold more albums and got more radio play than eminem.

You have to remember that it is artists, producers, and other industry folk voting; not the general public.

Funny you said that because I've thought that many times. They don't look like the typical celebrity couple.

In Marc Antony's defense, I heard he's quite the golf enthusiast. He plays all the time and loves his expensive Honma irons. I wonder if J-Lo plays golf as well? We should tell them about THP!

im glad he plays golf but wow... he cant play a links course without blowing away in the wind... he cant weigh more than 97lbs

I am sure they sold more albums and got more radio play than eminem.

You seem to forget that popularity and radio play are not synonymous with talented.

I've been a huge fan of Arcade Fire since their 2004 album, "Funeral". While I still feel that album is superior is "The Suburbs", I am very happy they walked away with the award. When I saw the nominations I really felt like it was a David v. Goliath and that even though Arcade Fire had the best album among those nominated I didn't think they stood a chance. My faith in the Grammy voters, while only slightly, is certainly a little more inspired.

Best album to you. Thats why the teen choice awards are so much more true. Because the people who actually listen to it are doing to voting. When it comes to music, popularity makes money, and if youre not popular, you shouldnt be winning awards.
You seem to forget that popularity and radio play are not synonymous with talented.

I've been a huge fan of Arcade Fire since their 2004 album, "Funeral". While I still feel that album is superior is "The Suburbs", I am very happy they walked away with the award. When I saw the nominations I really felt like it was a David v. Goliath and that even though Arcade Fire had the best album among those nominated I didn't think they stood a chance. My faith in the Grammy voters, while only slightly, is certainly a little more inspired.

i just dont understand barbara streisand... and i think cheap seats to her concerts are like $250
i dont get it

I just want to add one thing.. I have NEVER seen anyone listen to an Arcade Fire song and start to like them right away(if they didnt listen to that genre already before). When Eminem released his new album this year, he attracted a TON of listeners across many different genres young and old to his music. Ive seen this in colleges, highschools, and just general public aswell.

Glad to see eminem win.

How do they know what to announce Sean/Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Sean Blowdaddy Coombs anymore.

I bet Chris Brown is cringing in his grave watching Rihanna get 'up and down' on Drake.

Probably something along the lines of....

Would the guy with the most money in here please report to the front. Guy is a tool and he makes awful music but he's apparently a pretty good businessman.

Best album to you. Thats why the teen choice awards are so much more true. Because the people who actually listen to it are doing to voting. When it comes to music, popularity makes money, and if youre not popular, you shouldnt be winning awards.

Obviously not just the best album to me.

By your rationale the Twilight series of films is better than films such as The King's Speech. Or Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is better than No Country For Old Men. I'm not buying it, so we will just have to agree to disagree.

We aren't talking about money or popularity here. The best musicians and songwriters in the world are people none of us have ever heard of. Talent should win awards, not popularity.

Last edited:
Bieber lost Best New Artist to Esperanza Spalding. Esperanza who? Exactly.

She is very talented, jazz bass player and vocalist. Should give her a listen, she is not someone you will ever hear on mainstream top 40 radio

So, talent doesn't play into it at all? Just popularity?

Obviously not just the best album to me.

By your rationale the Twilight series of films is better than films such as The King's Speech. Or Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is better than No Country For Old Men. I'm not buying it, so we will just have to agree to disagree.

We aren't talking about money or popularity here. The best musicians and songwriters in the world are people none of us have ever heard of. Talent should win awards, not popularity.

Good post.

Kevin

Back