Poor Northerners: When is the Last Time You Played?

Well just checked the weather forecast high of 49 tomorrow - then 58 and 59 highs Thursday Friday!!! Woo hoo I can goooooooolf!!! 30% chance of showers bet ur ass im headed out!!!

I'm getting the clubs out at least once this week to go visit a range for the first time since mid november.

Well just checked the weather forecast high of 49 tomorrow - then 58 and 59 highs Thursday Friday!!! Woo hoo I can goooooooolf!!! 30% chance of showers bet ur ass im headed out!!!
LOL! Have fun CG!

November 3rd for me .Glad I don not live down south my house would be foreclosed on from all the nice weather, starting to see some grass though, cant wait

Still have not had a club in my hands since the end of October. The winter here in Indiana has been snowy and cold. One of the worse ones in years and it just keeps hanging on. I always look forward to DST which comes March 13th. That is sort of the beginning of the end for us here. My home course opens Good Friday so I doubt I play before then. I will hit to heated range a week or two before that I'm sure but still lots of winter left here.

Looks like I've just extended my golf drought - I just signed up for a spring class in the evenings. M/W 6:30-9:20... which would have been my ideal golfing nights.
That leaves Tu/Th, but that would cut in to my homework time since I'll still be working full time.

Bugger.

Went to the course i might join. But i have been practicing in the garage all winter. I try to hit 30-50 balls each day. It gets cold in there after a while.

It's been so long I can't remember, but I think the first weekend in Nov. Temps here are supposed to get into the 50's by the end of the week, but with rain. Not looking like any Feb golf this year.

Wear your mud boots. All that melting snow makes for soft fairways and missing/plugged tee shots!

Snow starting to melt here a little bit in this part of Ohio.

Looking forward to Mississippi next week to shake off the 'winter rust'.

Hopefully the ground will be playable again here by the time I come back.

Went to the range today. Heated bays didn't really help much, but it's 29 out so I guess it wasn't too bad. Felt great to swing outside. Hit a lot of quality shots, I couldn't believe how good I was hitting it at this point in the year.

That's because of all of the swings that you take in the house every day and make me cringe when you get close to hitting the ceiling, me(wouldn't be the first time), or lexie

my course doesnt open for a good 7 weeks :( but i played yesterday cause i drove to cali!!!

Last week for me....although I had to travel to get it in...November here in Mass was last time.

A week and a half ago when I was in Hawaii.
We played 9 1/2 rounds in 5 days.

December 3rd - hopefully the range tomorrow for the first time all year

I played a simulated round earlier this week (81, putts depending on where you landed on green), but haven't played outside since early December. I probably could have gotten some in this week but my work sent me to upstate NY for the week where the weather is not cooperative.

I havent played in about 4 months and in just the last 3 or 4 days we have finally had tempuratures break into the 30's which has started a very slow but welcome melting of the snow. I am hoping that by the beggining of April I can finally once again get my spikes in the ground.

Wow guys not being able to even take a few swings for months at at time has got to be rough. I came to this thread today because this was the first day that I could actually see the ground at the heated bay range that I have been going to this winter. They clearly plowed it a couple of days ago and have been picking up all of the balls that have been lying out there all winter. I am limping into the spring from this depressing weather and I have at least been able to swing the clubs once per week or once every ten days through the winter.

I was able to do enough at the range and at home to meet my targets for the winter. I am coming into this season far better prepared than I was last season with marked improvements in my physical strength and short game as I could practice short game a good deal this winter. I know i even gained a little ground on my swing through the winter months. Thankfully we have had a good deal of melting during the last week. As soon as there snow is at least out of the neighborhood I am going to start to work on uphill downhill and sidehill lie swings so that I start to get some feel for course conditions before I am actually standing on one.

Well hopefully I can get my first round in tomorrow!! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting... Cabin fever almost subsiding!!

Well hopefully I can get my first round in tomorrow!! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting... Cabin fever almost subsiding!!

I haven't touched a club outside of the putter since October. My course just opened today but it rained all day and was 40 degrees. Looks like we are to have mid 60's by weeks end so I should get a round or two in later in the week.

Getting out tomorrow for the first time since November! Already have a tee time set for Saturday as well and I cant wait, probably wont sleep well just thinking about it!

Been just about four months. Never been this long before since I started playing. I hope this Friday I get a chance to play.

Back