Western Plains/Mountain States get together?

You can still get the Passport at coloradoavidgolfer.com. I think they only give you a $10 discount at the Expo, so it isn't a major loss.

I have to say, that I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone at the outing. The way I see it, you can never have too many golf buddies. :golf2:

You can still get the Passport at coloradoavidgolfer.com. I think they only give you a $10 discount at the Expo, so it isn't a major loss.

I have to say, that I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone at the outing. The way I see it, you can never have too many golf buddies. :golf2:

I here you Rick, will be nice to put faces to some of the folks I talk to, and since Spiff is looking at playing out of Thorncreek this year I can foresee many rounds together over the year, since I am going to try and at least get in nine 4-5 times a week this year. I plan on being close to if not breaking 90 by the end of the season.

So i'm a little late to this thread. Should be able to do Sat the 7th. The CGA pub links is at Buffalo run this year so the course should be in good shape since that is in mid June. Fourputt, I live in the ranch so if you want to carpool Sat we could. Hopefully the 20 inches of snow on my grass melts so I can start practicing again.

So i'm a little late to this thread. Should be able to do Sat the 7th. The CGA pub links is at Buffalo run this year so the course should be in good shape since that is in mid June. Fourputt, I live in the ranch so if you want to carpool Sat we could. Hopefully the 20 inches of snow on my grass melts so I can start practicing again.

Practice??? What's that? We don't need no stinkin' practice! :D

Still watching the snow melt here too. If the forecast is right, my home course at Foothills might even be open by Wednesday or so. :golf2:

Still watching the snow melt here too. [/QUOTE said:
Same here but the temps & sunshine are helping . 'pose to be 65* by Wends.

This came up in another thread:

The worst shirt buys a round after we finish playing? :drinks:

We we discussing dress codes, and Hawaiian shirts were mentioned. I like the idea. This doesn't mean that you wear your rattiest old t-shirt though. It still has to be a shirt which is acceptable to the course and to the majority of the group. I'll be wearing Hawaiian, weather permitting. You won't have any trouble keeping track of me out there. :laughing:

This came up in another thread:

We we discussing dress codes, and Hawaiian shirts were mentioned. I like the idea. This doesn't mean that you wear your rattiest old t-shirt though. It still has to be a shirt which is acceptable to the course and to the majority of the group. I'll be wearing Hawaiian, weather permitting. You won't have any trouble keeping track of me out there. :laughing:

Maybe I should rephrase to "Loudest, tackiest but still acceptable shirt" buys a round after we play. :surrender:

Maybe I should rephrase to "Loudest, tackiest but still acceptable shirt" buys a round after we play. :surrender:

Ron,

Have you tried THIS SITE for shirts? I've bought several from them.... pricey but good quality.

Well, I played Buffalo Run on Wed. in 30-35 MPH winds. Even at this time of year this course is amazing, can't wait to see it in another month when it starts greening up

Another quick question. We waliking or riding...if we're riding, I get shotgun. Someelse drive, I've been drinkin. lol

That's an individual decision, I think. I'll be riding, and I don't mind driving as long as my cart partner is occasionally willing to take the cart and park it while I walk up to my ball on the far side of the green.... just to save time.

Another quick question. We waliking or riding...if we're riding, I get shotgun. Someelse drive, I've been drinkin. lol

Ill be happy to drive bulldog but be warned i will be having one or two myself, the trick will be getting to the hotel...LOL

Just checkin to see if i needed to pack my Clicgear. We drive carts thru the plant here @ Cessna all the time so its a nice break not to drive. but I really dont mind drivin 'em on the course.

Well, for Buffalo run at least I would suggest riding. Not sure how they did it, but it seems like every hole is uphill. It's like being in an M.C. Escher drawing

Its been a couple of years since I have played Buffalo Run but i also seem to remember that some holes had some distance between them. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Its been a couple of years since I have played Buffalo Run but i also seem to remember that some holes had some distance between them. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Yeah... I remember it as being looonnnnggg. :D

Yeah... I remember it as being looonnnnggg. :D

You know its long when you can't reach a par three with a three wood...LOL...the 40 mph winds didnt help any either.

You know its long when you can't reach a par three with a three wood...LOL...the 40 mph winds didnt help any either.

Exactly. I hit a Driver on the 260 yrd. 13th Par 3 into the wind and ended up about 40 yards short of the front of the green. Wind was about 30-35 mph.
There are also some long walks between holes. Course is just over 7,400 yards

I am looking forward to giving it a go again come outing time!

Speaking of long, we aren't planning to play the 7400 yard back tees are we? I'm a fairly short hitting old man.... I need to feel that I have a chance of reaching most holes in regulation. Looking at the scorecard online, the blue tees at 6500 yards look like plenty to me. :golf2:

Speaking of long, we aren't planning to play the 7400 yard back tees are we? I'm a fairly short hitting old man.... I need to feel that I have a chance of reaching most holes in regulation. Looking at the scorecard online, the blue tees at 6500 yards look like plenty to me. :golf2:

I always play from at least one tee up, and if the wind id blowing like it was last week I may play from 2 up!

Blues or white will be fine for me.

Works for me, I'm short too, lol

Anything short of the championship tees!! I am no way that long, what ever the group decides.

Back