truMedic TM-1000 Pro Tens Unit Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
truMedic TM-1000 Pro Tens Unit Review

Excellent write up Dean. As someone whos suffered from chronic back pain for a long time and used tens units in the past it makes sense to see one reviewed here. This is a good looking unit and seems pretty solidly priced.

We had a few of these that we could check out from the gym - it might be the placebo effect at work, but I found the use of a unit similar to these did help recovery. For the price, I'd pick one of these up.

Great review @ddec - Sorry that you had aches and pains to try it on, however, golf as you stated, is that way on the body.

I know that you tweeted about having elbow issues - Do you think this something that would help that area of the body?

Great review @ddec - Sorry that you had aches and pains to try it on, however, golf as you stated, is that way on the body.

I know that you tweeted about having elbow issues - Do you think this something that would help that area of the body?

Yes, although as we found out, placement of the pads is a little more tricky im that area. If you don't get it right the muscles can start spasm.

Nice review! I've been lucky enough to stay away from any back or shoulder problems, but this looks like it could really help.

My only gripe is elbow issues - which seems like rest or amputation is the only cure for.

Great review Dean. I wish I would have learned about this earlier in the year as I've been battling lower back pain all year. I am definitely going to look in to this because it's an issue I'm getting tired of dealing with every time I play. Good stuff!

Great review Dean. I’ve had a Tru-Medic TENS unit for three years. It’s a life saver with my bad lumbar and cervical discs, and the assorted muscle spasms from them. I still keep trying to get a script from my GP for a real unit, but this is a worthy replacement!

I love TENS units and use them at least once every other week or so. I have a cheaper one, but need to upgrade to one like this with 4 contacts.

you guys have use one, do you find the relief somewhat similar to what I talked about? I know everyone's tolerance for the intensity is different and that could lead to some difference sensations in the pain management department.

good stuff, and have one nearly identical...big impact on golfers/tennis elbow...

you guys have use one, do you find the relief somewhat similar to what I talked about? I know everyone's tolerance for the intensity is different and that could lead to some difference sensations in the pain management department.

While it isn’t a cure, it makes me feel much better. I use it on my mid-back for an old rib injury that is aggravated by golf. I always use it after to relax the muscles. I haven’t tried using it prior to a round to see if I have less tightness in the back/rib muscles afterward.

While it isn’t a cure, it makes me feel much better. I use it on my mid-back for an old rib injury that is aggravated by golf. I always use it after to relax the muscles. I haven’t tried using it prior to a round to see if I have less tightness in the back/rib muscles afterward.

yeah its definitely not a cure, just a different form of treatment. Mixing it in with heat/ice and stretching/strengthening exercises seems like it would be a the ideal combo.

Great review Dean... I have a unit very similar to the one reviewed and I can say that it works for muscle soreness and flexibility.

I used one of these on my shoulder a few times when I injured it and it seemed to help a lot. Back then these were a little more expensive so I never was able to use it outside of PT appointments.

Great write up and I love the idea of not being connected to a wall and not needing batteries. That has me completely sold.

We had a few of these that we could check out from the gym - it might be the placebo effect at work, but I found the use of a unit similar to these did help recovery. For the price, I'd pick one of these up.

Definitely not a placebo effect. The positive effects of TENS has been well documented and they can be remarkable pain management tools.

The only caution is that if you suffer from chronic back pain, it is important to find out why. TENS units help the pain, but they may mask deterioration and increase in pain that could be a warning sign for further decay. If your back hurts all the time, get it checked out.

Interestingly, nowhere on their website does it mention to consult a physician before attempting any medical grade products on yourself. No that I was able to find anyway. Always a good idea.

Nice review Dean. Honestly, I’m a bit surprised with the price point. I purchased a portable TENS unit several years ago with similar features and I believe I paid less ($119). I assumed popularity and tech would lower price. I’m still using my current unit but if I was in the market this would be a great option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup this thing has been working overtime for the last few days. I'm giving it credit as to how i was able to get some swings in on Sunday morning.

Great review on a unique piece of equipment. I thought it was cool that THP reviewed it. While reading the review I kept saying to myself "please don't be too expensive" and I was happy to see it isn't. I'll be buying one and using it on an injured body part that just doesn't seem to want to heal. Great review Dean, well done.

Good review, is this something that you have discussed with a physician about trying, or did you just jump straight in and start using it?

Definitely not a placebo effect. The positive effects of TENS has been well documented and they can be remarkable pain management tools.

The only caution is that if you suffer from chronic back pain, it is important to find out why. TENS units help the pain, but they may mask deterioration and increase in pain that could be a warning sign for further decay. If your back hurts all the time, get it checked out.

Interestingly, nowhere on their website does it mention to consult a physician before attempting any medical grade products on yourself. No that I was able to find anyway. Always a good idea.

That is a big no-no in my eyes and would put me off trying it to be honest

Good review, is this something that you have discussed with a physician about trying, or did you just jump straight in and start using it?

That is a big no-no in my eyes and would put me off trying it to be honest

No I have not discussed with a physician about trying prior. However I did do months of PT on my shoulder last year and every session ended with using one. Luckily for me I am surrounded by medical folks, my sister is a Physical Therapist, my brother in law an Orthopedic Surgeon, and my wife a nurse. So when I first used it, I was on vacation with my family, so I did chat with my sister about it. I think it is always beneficial to get information before using, but I'm not going to say it is 1000000% necessary.

Use TENS on elbow and other areas (as mentioned) all the time...it is definitely more than placebo issue...

If you are having major issues...check this procedure out....Have had several friends do this, including one with this Dr.

MASSIVE impacts and not as invasive as a lot of other issues..

I tweaked my shoulder badly on the first hole yesterday and it was painful the whole round. Today it felt like someone stabbed it with a knife and I literally passed out from the pain.

Tried a tens machine just now and it made quite a difference. Very happy that this review happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review Dean. I have used a TENS unit for about a year predominantly on my shoulder as well as back (sciatica) and to get any pain relief cab be so therapeutic. As mentioned by others I have had multiple physio sessions which included TENS units so had no concerns. I use them a lot st night before heading to bed as I find getting to sleep pain-free is just so comforting. Thanks again Dean.

I'm bumping this one because I took a fall down some stairs earlier today while helping my cousin move some stuff and jacked up my back. Therefore at this point in time it is my favorite review item of 2018.

4a2ec4d81df862316085366ff8488eef.jpg

Back