5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I haven't been to this thread for a while so time for an update. Since this thread was posted I have lost 10 pounds, really increased my flexibility through daily stretching, and have started working out again. It feel really good, I've gone to the Chiropractor twice and again today to get my hips fixed and that has helped a lot as I try not to aggrevate the condition, and my knees have not bugged me all that much since I started working out again which I was really worried about. The only place I have been lacking is the smoking. Its better and I'm not going to make any excuses, but I am down from 3/4 to a pack a day, to about half a pack a day right now and it is going down every day. Glad to see that everyone else is making some really good progress.

Depending on the beer you may get some good nutrients lol. It's why Cherry Wheat is a favorite of mine. I had a friend who quit smoking and gained 30+. I gained that on burritos alone. Combine the quitting of smoking with the burritos and there is trouble to be had.

I guess drinking and chain smoking isn't good for me then?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

CB that is really good progress! Weight is fun to watch come off but how you feel is most important. Quitting the smoking habit isn't easy and at least it's decreasing for you. Keep it up my friend!

I haven't been to this thread for a while so time for an update. Since this thread was posted I have lost 10 pounds, really increased my flexibility through daily stretching, and have started working out again. It feel really good, I've gone to the Chiropractor twice and again today to get my hips fixed and that has helped a lot as I try not to aggrevate the condition, and my knees have not bugged me all that much since I started working out again which I was really worried about. The only place I have been lacking is the smoking. Its better and I'm not going to make any excuses, but I am down from 3/4 to a pack a day, to about half a pack a day right now and it is going down every day. Glad to see that everyone else is making some really good progress.

Ok Guys & Gals time to bump this one back up and get some updates. I just got back from the gym after a hard go at it and feel great:sweat: ! I love the way these workouts can make an older guy feel young. I am not bragging here although I am a bit proud of hanging in there with the workout part. KellyBo said last evening, she bet there were some 20 year old folks, who are not in the physical condition I am now. It's funny how my weight has only gone down a few pounds and I am really concerned about reaching my weight loss goal. With that said, I am in the best physical shape than I have been in years. I suppose I have reached another pretty substantial goal of physical fitness. Good luck to all of you and have some fun with it. Don't make it like going to a job you dread. Vision success and the strength you will gain from your sweat and determination. It will be worth it :thumb:

Count me in for 15..

Count me in for 15..

There ya go dmgolfer! You see, you believe, you want it, then you can do it :clapp: . Hang tough and something good will come out of your efforts:thumb:

I think I have lost about 8 lbs so far, but I had a vacation weekend which means that I probably gained 2 of them back.

I think I have lost about 8 lbs so far, but I had a vacation weekend which means that I probably gained 2 of them back.

Setho -- Great stuff buddy! I thought you looked like a slimmer you a couple weeks ago :thumb:

Ok Guys & Gals time to bump this one back up and get some updates. I just got back from the gym after a hard go at it and feel great:sweat: ! I love the way these workouts can make an older guy feel young. I am not bragging here although I am a bit proud of hanging in there with the workout part. KellyBo said last evening, she bet there were some 20 year old folks, who are not in the physical condition I am now. It's funny how my weight has only gone down a few pounds and I am really concerned about reaching my weight loss goal. With that said, I am in the best physical shape than I have been in years. I suppose I have reached another pretty substantial goal of physical fitness. Good luck to all of you and have some fun with it. Don't make it like going to a job you dread. Vision success and the strength you will gain from your sweat and determination. It will be worth it :thumb:

Great report, if I were you, the physical condition is what I would focus more on than weight loss, I guess after this back problem is over I need to concentrate more on my conditioning. Keep up the good work my friend.

Great report, if I were you, the physical condition is what I would focus more on than weight loss, I guess after this back problem is over I need to concentrate more on my conditioning. Keep up the good work my friend.

Thanks Dawg and I do feel so much better. KellyBo said muscle mass weighs more than fat. She said picture a block of butter and the muscle would weight twice as much as the fat. KB can correct me if I am off on this quote.

edit: I hope your back heals up quickly. We got to get some more golf in as this weather is great!

If you are putting in the work the weight will come. Keep at it. Maybe it's a diet issue and you are not taking in enough food. Also sometimes, you just have to shock your body to get it to respond, try different exercises and routines. Keep up the great work.

Well, I'm real happy with the results I've been receiving. Down to 201, so that's 15 down in a month. I've got another 15 or so to go, but I am feeling great and sleeping better at night. Back to work...keep at it everyone!

If you are putting in the work the weight will come. Keep at it. Maybe it's a diet issue and you are not taking in enough food. Also sometimes, you just have to shock your body to get it to respond, try different exercises and routines. Keep up the great work.

Well, I'm real happy with the results I've been receiving. Down to 201, so that's 15 down in a month. I've got another 15 or so to go, but I am feeling great and sleeping better at night. Back to work...keep at it everyone!

damn biggsy, you might blow away at the Morgan Cup! hehe

Biggsy is looking like a lean mean fighting machine on those videos :D:deadhorse:

damn biggsy, you might blow away at the Morgan Cup! hehe
Naw, my legs are like stabilizers being deployed from a backhoe and with my adipure shoes from adidas, I'll be firmly planted in the ground as I crush monster drives and drop wedges to within inches.

My last weigh in sat was at 236.4. Not a huge loss but its still going down! Even with the added stress Im not gaining so thats a positive. Great job everyone. Gray just keep focusing on how you feel and as Bigsy said could be somewhere in the diet. Bigsy awesome job! Any new members love to have you in this as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setho -- Great stuff buddy! I thought you looked like a slimmer you a couple weeks ago :thumb:

Thanks Gray! Feels good to get the fat off.

Great going Biggsy! You are a machine man.

I wish I had seen this when it started! As of when I weighed myself 2 days ago, I'm down 10lbs (and up a lot of muscle) since Jan 1st. Been going to the gym 4-5 days after work. It's showing in my golf swing too!

I wish I had seen this when it started! As of when I weighed myself 2 days ago, I'm down 10lbs (and up a lot of muscle) since Jan 1st. Been going to the gym 4-5 days after work. It's showing in my golf swing too!

BD-- Keep the updates coming and let us know how your progress goes. Glad to have ya on board!

It's great to hear how well everyone is doing, keep up the hard work.

As for me I am really pleased with how I have transformed my life. I am down 32 lbs, from 224 to 192 as of Monday. I have really been focusing on cardio and rating a good diet. I want to drop another 15 or so, then focus on adding core strength. I forget what my goal was going into this thread but that's not my target anymore.

Keep up the hard work, you are all an inspiration.

BD-- Keep the updates coming and let us know how your progress goes. Glad to have ya on board!

Thanks a lot! I absolutely will!

It's been a while since I've update so..... I've been at it now for 10 weeks. I've settled into my routine of 3X per week at the gym for weight training and cardio. I can tell you my goals are already being met: I'm down one notch on my belts and my pants are fitting loose instead of tight (almost too loose, need the belt now for function not fashion).

But most importantly, I feel better. I can run on the treadmill for 20 minutes and not throw up, and I'm sleeping better at night too. I haven't lost any weight (only weigh about 165), but the weight is definitely being repositioned into better areas. I think I've got a couple extra mph on the driver swing too, which is an added bonus.

Keep it up everyone, its great to hear all the success on this site!

You all are making me feel motivated again! Keep the posts coming because I definitely need it. My back has been really awful. I had a professional massage yesterday then went to the gym and hung on the inversion table for a little while. I was hoping I would be better but I'm still struggling today. I am going to get back on a diet and start at least walking on the treadmill again. I feel myself gaining some of the weight back and I just can't let that happen!

It's been a while for me on the updates as well but since I had to go and buy two new pairs of pants today (another size smaller!) I figured I would post an update.

As some of you know, I've been traveling almost non-stop since the beginning of February for work, for vacation, and for some sad family things (my mother in law, who was my last living link to my husband and my golf pro FIL passed away last week after a long battle against cancer. It was very sad but she is now at peace and looking down on me with my husband and FIL when I play golf). Luckily, I've been staying with my folks in FL for quite a bit of the travel and when I've been in a hotel, I've been staying in hotels with fridge/microwave so I can keep on my Weight Watchers plan and work out. I've also been playing a TON of golf, which has been great for the mental and exercise side of things.

I stepped on the scale at my folks house on Monday before heading to Gainesville for work, and I am down another 7lbs for a grand total of 63lbs since I started my weight loss!! I'm thrilled because I haven't been this thin in over 7 years. Not to mention, I can shop in almost any store I want to now and find something that fits. I even bought my first golf outfit for the THP Outing (cute black capri pants and a orange polo)

OH and I had lunch with GolferGal on Monday and I'm telling you her legs are looking S.T.E.L.L.A.R! What ever her personal trainer is doing it's working...

Mary you are inspiration. Really that is just amazing. Especially with all the travel. Really amazing job and you deserve a huge two thumbs up!

It's been a while for me on the updates as well but since I had to go and buy two new pairs of pants today (another size smaller!) I figured I would post an update.

As some of you know, I've been traveling almost non-stop since the beginning of February for work, for vacation, and for some sad family things (my mother in law, who was my last living link to my husband and my golf pro FIL passed away last week after a long battle against cancer. It was very sad but she is now at peace and looking down on me with my husband and FIL when I play golf). Luckily, I've been staying with my folks in FL for quite a bit of the travel and when I've been in a hotel, I've been staying in hotels with fridge/microwave so I can keep on my Weight Watchers plan and work out. I've also been playing a TON of golf, which has been great for the mental and exercise side of things.

I stepped on the scale at my folks house on Monday before heading to Gainesville for work, and I am down another 7lbs for a grand total of 63lbs since I started my weight loss!! I'm thrilled because I haven't been this thin in over 7 years. Not to mention, I can shop in almost any store I want to now and find something that fits. I even bought my first golf outfit for the THP Outing (cute black capri pants and a orange polo)

OH and I had lunch with GolferGal on Monday and I'm telling you her legs are looking S.T.E.L.L.A.R! What ever her personal trainer is doing it's working...

You all are making me feel motivated again! Keep the posts coming because I definitely need it. My back has been really awful. I had a professional massage yesterday then went to the gym and hung on the inversion table for a little while. I was hoping I would be better but I'm still struggling today. I am going to get back on a diet and start at least walking on the treadmill again. I feel myself gaining some of the weight back and I just can't let that happen!

Sorry to hear your back is still bothering you. Keep your chin up and hopefully you will be able to get back on the workout routine. In the meantime, keep doing the diet thing.

Back