Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played Pi7s for a full summer just sold them last week. I still have 2 of their fairway woods downstairs.

Awesome. I dont think I knew that. Maybe I did I dunno. So you have no hold ups with W/S then.

I'd like to pose that question to everyone.

I was a huge W/S homer when I came to this site and I still had trouble taking the drivers seriously. I'm done with that, especially after hearing what you, JB, and Biggsy had to say about the Dxi.

I played Pi7s for a full summer just sold them last week. I still have 2 of their fairway woods downstairs.

I remember you and I did talk about the Wilson Fybrid series, I think you played the 5 wood if I'm not mistaken.

Everyone? Why everyone? Everyone isnt an internet golfer.

Oh c'mon hundy, of course we all are to an extent. We're just giving you a hard time buddy.

I dont have hold ups against any company. And despite what people may think, I would play anything as well.....

Spoiler
As long as its cool and would look cool in my signature and is blades right?
Awesome. I dont think I knew thatI . Maybe I did I dunno. So you have no hold ups with W/S then.

I was a huge W/S homer when I came to this site and I still had trouble taking the drivers seriously. I'm done with that, especially after hearing what you, JB, and Biggsy had to say about the Dxi.

I think the Dxi might be the most pondered driver after the outing. I can't wait to see folks hit that driver.

I'll answer my own Pale Riding question. No way. For one, I was "that guy" till not too long ago. FLTC was telling me how awesome the Ci9's were and that got my attention. And then hitting them at the THP demo day. But the other factor besides being able to hit them is finding a place to actually buy them. Edwin Watts is the only place I know of.

I dont have hold ups against any company. And despite what people may think, I would play anything as well.....

Spoiler
As long as its cool and would look cool in my signature and is blades and Tiger plays it right?

FIFY :)

I played their 4 Fybrid up until I found the Mashie and used a Tw9 Wedge for most of last season. I really like what they have out there right now

Same thing is said about Mizuno drivers all the time.

Spoiler
As long as its cool and would look cool in my signature and is blades right?

EVERYBODY has brand hangups and loyalties to some extent. Some are stronger than others. But you cannot with a straight face tell me that when you chose your Nike blades, you put every brand you could find up against each other and went with what gave the best numbers.

Good question TC. I think if I was shopping for a club and one of the guys said "Here, try this" I would give it a shot, but I honestly wouldn't go out of my way to grab a WS club.

Don't take me wrong I'm not snobby or anything, but that is just my characteristics and at my age how I brought myself up in terms of clubs. I just stick to the popular and the most hyped out there. I'm not knocking Wilson Staff down at all and I bet they are great clubs, I just don't think I'd ever go out of my way to try them. Know what I mean? I really have to get out of this popularity contest thing with clubs. I have to say marketing does put a great effect on which clubs I buy.

Given that, I played one old Wilson 60* for awhile.

Yeah sure I would give them an open minded go, they would have to look good though since looks really do play a part in my confidence.

Good question TC. I think if I was shopping for a club and one of the guys said "Here, try this" I would give it a shot, but I honestly wouldn't go out of my way to grab a WS club.

Don't take me wrong I'm not snobby or anything, but that is just my characteristics and at my age how I brought myself up in terms of clubs. I just stick to the popular and the most hyped out there. I'm not knocking Wilson Staff down at all and I bet they are great clubs, I just don't think I'd ever go out of my way to try them. Know what I mean? I really have to get out of this popularity contest thing with clubs. I have to say marketing does put a great effect on which clubs I buy.

I sure do Dent, and I think it's great that you can be honest about it. I'd never had W/S on my radar until I attended a demo day last year. The rep was the nicest of all the reps there and when I hit the Ci9 irons, I was blown away.

Same thing is said about Mizuno drivers all the time.

EVERYBODY has brand hangups and loyalties to some extent. Some are stronger than others. But you cannot with a straight face tell me that when you chose your Nike blades, you put every brand you could find up against each other and went with what gave the best numbers.

Sure people have brand hangups and stuff but it wouldnt keep me from playing what was best for my game, and at the time when I was kindof forced into buying new irons, these turned out to be the best (per availability) for my game.

Given that, I played one old Wilson 60* for awhile.

Freaking HOF post right there. I think everybody is like that to the extent. In a large generalization, there are two types of equipment buyers. Those that want the unique to say they are different (Miura, Japanese stuff, odd, etc...) and those that want the latest and most hyped (see midnight R11 buyers) etc...

Freaking HOF post right there. I think everybody is like that to the extent. In a large generalization, there are two types of equipment buyers. Those that want the unique to say they are different (Miura, Japanese stuff, odd, etc...) and those that want the latest and most hyped (see midnight R11 buyers) etc...

and then the people who try everything available and buy whats best for their game

Sure people have brand hangups and stuff but it wouldnt keep me from playing what was best for my game, and at the time when I was kindof forced into buying new irons, these turned out to be the best (per availability) for my game.

You were forced into buying new irons? You just said you still had a set of Wilsons until recently.

And you hit GI, SGI, and everything else and the TW blades were gave the best numbers and ball flight? Or you chose a few sets you really liked and those felt the best and you hit them well?

Absolutley and I think every golfer out there has bought atleast one club in their lives for the wrong reason. The cool factor sells without a doubt.

Hmmm I was at the midnight release

Well, I will say this. When I had my fitting, I was offered the opportunity to try some Hippo irons. I didn't even waste my time. I like brand name clubs. From previous experiences, they are just... better.

Absolutley and I think every golfer out there has bought atleast one club in their lives for the wrong reason. The cool factor sells without a doubt.

Of course. We are all guilty of it at some point. If we werent club companies would all be broke and never spend a nickel sponsoring athletes and commercials.

The Nikes performed better for my swing than the Pi7s and I701 tours that I have tried most recently.

At the time where I had to buy new irons, I had a choice of g5 senior flex gold dot, tm300s(or 200s not sure) x100s, the Nikes, Mizuno mp67s and a set made by a company named Goliath. Those were my choices due to unfortunate circumstances. I have stuck with them since then because my miss is not all over the clubface but rather directional.

You were forced into buying new irons? You just said you still had a set of Wilsons until recently.

And you hit GI, SGI, and everything else and the TW blades were gave the best numbers and ball flight? Or you chose a few sets you really liked and those felt the best and you hit them well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back