Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

It really can and I think sometimes that gets overlooked in testing. Well imo. May not be all cases. I hit the M1 and M3 off the grass so much better. The mats feel like they mute my Mashie experience.

One has rails and one does not. It can affect hitting off mats. Glad you found your hybrid though. The shafts just dont match up for me.

Sweet Gray! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the M1. It just takes some adjustment but once you dial it in it just becomes a longer M3. That's a good thing haha.

I got my first official Mashie today. I played a few shots out of KellyBo's bag and she can speak about the results. I had to purchase one after we made the turn. I have a M3 20.5 in my bag and it is hawt! I was concerned about some posts on here referring to too much hook, too much offset, etc. I can hook a shot with the best of em but with a smooth swing, this dawg will hunt. Baby draws that turn right back into the pin. I played every hole today from the back tees except the last hole. We had some players in front of us and I wanted to move up so we could see their location. Teed off from the senior tees on our par five #18 with the M3. Tee shot was approx 220. Hit it again from 210 out and was 20 yards short of the green. Wedged up and hit KellyBo's ball or it would have been a tap in birdie, made par :angry:. Anyways it was fun playing two M3 mashie shots on a par five from the Senior tees. The next addition to my bag will be the M1 15.5 :thumb:

I liked the DST quite a bit and remember hitting JB's DST with the Miyazaki hybrid shaft at the last outing. Can't wait to hear what you think!

I own both in the 4 hybrid. I haven't had the Mashie long enough to tell you for sure but I really liked the DST too. I will do some comparisons for you this week and let you know how they come out. Ole Gray is using my DST 4 hybrid now and loves it. I'll let him test with me and we will let you know OUR results.

I didn't get too much range bucket time with the M1 and M3 at the range today but M3 is still my warm up club :). I got more practice with the bump n runs though. Man is it a tough shot to get down. What I'm finding is while the Mashie still gets caught in the grass, the ball pops out with less interferance than I'm used too. What I mean by that is the Mashie will feel like it's cutting through more grass and getting more ball than I would've thought. I really made sure I had some tough lies and while it didn't always turn out successful, I found I was putting the ball a couple feet (eyeballin) closer to my target spot than usual. I stood about 10 feet back on a couple shots in some 4-5 inch rough. The pin was about 10 feet from the edge of the fringe. I would normally pull a wedge here but there werent any other holes open so I had to pick a target spot. As you moved around in a circle there was a difference in rough thickness so you could get multiple lies.

Thanks man. Thats one of my top priority's with a hybrid is the ablility to be able to hit them into greens and have them stop.

High and soft bro. Not just for strippers lol. That shot was definitely the shot of the day for me. Danger all over the place and I just got my Mashie on.

High and soft bro. Not just for strippers lol. That shot was definitely the shot of the day for me. Danger all over the place and I just got my Mashie on.

LOL good to know brother.

I just wanted to let everyone know I am doing some Mashie testing at the course this weekend. Work has been crazy busy this week and the range is not in the picture. (I can not wait for day light savings time.) I can't wait to put the Mashie M1 and M3 in to effect this weekend.

Sweet dmb. That has really proved to be a lethal combo for me. Can't wait to hear what it does for you on the course.

I just wanted to let everyone know I am doing some Mashie testing at the course this weekend. Work has been crazy busy this week and the range is not in the picture. (I can not wait for day light savings time.) I can't wait to put the Mashie M1 and M3 in to effect this weekend.

Sweet dmb. That has really proved to be a lethal combo for me. Can't wait to hear what it does for you on the course.

One other note on the combo. I have officially kicked the 3w out of the bag. I sold it on CL over the weekend. The M1 is in the bag to stay.

Nice move! It took me a bit to warm up to the M1 but I did the same. Well I didnt sell my 3w to CL but you get the picture haha.

One other note on the combo. I have officially kicked the 3w out of the bag. I sold it on CL over the weekend. The M1 is in the bag to stay.

you may also want to check out the R11 Rescue....high trajectory and soft landing. different animal than the Mashie but worth a look. hit and compare dude!
Thanks man. Thats one of my top priority's with a hybrid is the ablility to be able to hit them into greens and have them stop.

I own both in the 4 hybrid. I haven't had the Mashie long enough to tell you for sure but I really liked the DST too. I will do some comparisons for you this week and let you know how they come out. Ole Gray is using my DST 4 hybrid now and loves it. I'll let him test with me and we will let you know OUR results.

Seems like everyone likes the Mashie more. I pulled the trigger on a couple of DST hybrids at an insane price ($100.00 for two) at a warehouse sale at the hight of my winter golf withdrawal. I am almost scared to try the Mashies as it could end up being an expensive year for hybrids in my "collection".

Seems like everyone likes the Mashie more. I pulled the trigger on a couple of DST hybrids at an insane price ($100.00 for two) at a warehouse sale at the hight of my winter golf withdrawal. I am almost scared to try the Mashies as it could end up being an expensive year for hybrids in my "collection".

That's a great deal on the DST hybrids! Why don't you just play them until the Mashies go on sale at a ridiculous price. The DSTs are great hybrids. In fact, Ole Gray has fallen in love with the 4 hybrid that I gave him after I replaced it with a Mashie. I just wanted all my hybrids to be the same.

That's a great deal on the DST hybrids! Why don't you just play them until the Mashies go on sale at a ridiculous price. The DSTs are great hybrids. In fact, Ole Gray has fallen in love with the 4 hybrid that I gave him after I replaced it with a Mashie. I just wanted all my hybrids to be the same.

Seems like a "responsible" idea - I'll have to try to limit my forum reading to driver reviews...something for which I am definitely (and, sadly, constantly) in the market for...

For you guys who have replaced your 3woods with M1's : Are you really getting the same distance with the mashie? What about off the tee? Really fighting my mind about getting either an M2 and new 3wood, or going M1 and M3 combo. Some mentoring from experienced mashaholics would be helpful.

Cobra called and they want their fan club membership card back Gray...looks like you have a whole lot of Cleveland stuff in the bag and now some MAshies!?!?!

hahaha. That's funny bro! What can I say. The shaft head combo for me is awesome and I can hit these hybrids with little effort. Easy off the deck or tee and just get the job done from the rough. It's like having an edge on the opposition. I'm actually really worried about my opponent if I make the Morgan Cup. Well unless they got a Mashie like me then we both will be slamming the bombs out there! :D

<Gray vs. his opponent with their Mashies>

:starwars:

hahaha. That's funny bro! What can I say. The shaft head combo for me is awesome and I can hit these hybrids with little effort. Easy off the deck or tee and just get the job done from the rough. It's like having an edge on the opposition. I'm actually really worried about my opponent if I make the Morgan Cup. Well unless they got a Mashie like me then we both will be slamming the bombs out there! :D

My range outing with the M1 did not turn out all that well. Glad to read that it takes some "adjustment" to start hitting this club well.
Come to think of it the M3 wasn't that great at the range either.
On the course it was a totally different story!

Thanks for all the information.

My range outing with the M1 did not turn out all that well. Glad to read that it takes some "adjustment" to start hitting this club well.
Come to think of it the M3 wasn't that great at the range either.
On the course it was a totally different story!

Thanks for all the information.

Out of curiosity were you hitting off grass or mats?

Out of curiosity were you hitting off grass or mats?

It was off mats.
And for me, there is a definite difference hitting it off grass.
The M3 was somewhat similar at the shop and the range, but handled great when I played it this past weekend.
Hopefully, the M1 is the same.

It was off mats.
And for me, there is a definite difference hitting it off grass.
The M3 was somewhat similar at the shop and the range, but handled great when I played it this past weekend.
Hopefully, the M1 is the same.

Yeah I was hoping you would say that. I think its been found that these clubs just dont hit very well off mats. And to be fair, we dont play golf on mats so that doesnt bother me one bit. I have an M1 on the way myself and hopefully it arrives in time for weekend golf/testing and not on mats lol, I hate them.

OEM looking forward to your take on the M1. I have the M3 and love it. Contemplating replacing my 4 wood with maybe the M1. Wonder what the dif will be with yardage etc.

OEM looking forward to your take on the M1. I have the M3 and love it. Contemplating replacing my 4 wood with maybe the M1. Wonder what the dif will be with yardage etc.

Im hoping it arrives tomorrow or Friday and neither day look very good for the range. But Saturday, its on. And maybe Sunday golf and theres not better test then actual course time. I'll be sure to report back here what I find. I bet the M1 could give your 4W a good run for its money. For me Im looking for most consistency then my 3W and at least close in distance.

For you guys who have replaced your 3woods with M1's : Are you really getting the same distance with the mashie? What about off the tee? Really fighting my mind about getting either an M2 and new 3wood, or going M1 and M3 combo. Some mentoring from experienced mashaholics would be helpful.

I am getting the same distance as my 3w. I am hitting it about 220-230 yds. The consistency is a lot better though, I have already sold my old 3w if that tells you anything. Of the tee, I am seeing about a 230-235 distance.

Looking forward to hitting the M1 too dude lol
Im hoping it arrives tomorrow or Friday and neither day look very good for the range. But Saturday, its on. And maybe Sunday golf and theres not better test then actual course time. I'll be sure to report back here what I find. I bet the M1 could give your 4W a good run for its money. For me Im looking for most consistency then my 3W and at least close in distance.

I imagine it would be right around or longer. Depends on the roll out of your 4 wood. The Mashies don't have a ton of roll out that I have noticed.

dmb, oem, distance close is ok. I'm looking for something more accurate than me and my 4 wood (maybe 50% of the time hitting it where I aim!!!!)
My goal this year is to get to low to mid 80s : )

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. I have been following the thread intently but this is my first post in this thread. I will be purchasing a Mashie M2 today and that is both a testament to the members here at THP and of course Cleveland for bringing out such a wonderful product. If it weren't for THP, i never would have tested the Mashie and I would have ended up with a product that doesn't quite match up imo. Can't wait to get my Mashie on. lol. Thanks again everyone.

Back