WGC Cadillac Championship Doral [Spoilers]

Tiger is stacking when he should be tilting would be my guess.

There are some rough scores out there right now!!!! But some good ones too. I wonder if Mahan can keep the mojo going. I don't think he will win all four rounds but I maybe a top 3 finish?

I keep hearing this, and it makes me curious to want to know the actual technical details of what things are specifically happening that are hampering, how they are hampering and what changes would end the hampering. Is there an article somewhere I could dig into? Or maybe a thper pineing for a +1 would care to enlighten?

Foley has Tiger's swing much flatter than it's ever been. He also has Tiger keeping his arms connected and tighter to his body. The idea is to get Tiger on to his left side quicker (stack n' tilt like). It promotes a bit lower of a ball flight but one that's suppose to be more accurate. Foley is really trying to get Tiger to focus more on hitting a straighter golf ball, the idea being that Tiger hits more fairways, thus hitting more greens, thus not having to rely on his short game to save him so much. I think it's doing more harm b/c Tiger is focusing far more on the mechanics and a heck of a lot less on where his golf ball is going, and more specifically, where his ball is ending up.

Do yourself a favor and grab the April issue of Golf Digest. There's an incredible article about the evolution of Tiger's swing and the changes he's made.

I keep hearing this, and it makes me curious to want to know the actual technical details of what things are specifically happening that are hampering, how they are hampering and what changes would end the hampering. Is there an article somewhere I could dig into? Or maybe a thper pineing for a +1 would care to enlighten?

I was just reading through the article on his swing from his different swing coaches in the latest edition of Golf Digest and his first coach, Butch and Jack Nicklaus has essentially said the same thing. To summarize, they're saying that it's good to have mechanics but when it comes to pressure situations Tiger shouldn't have to rely on mechanics and just rely on his natural ballstriking ability. All this new obsession with mechanics, they say, stems from Tiger's supposed worries about his knee and his quest for longevity.

thanks gentlemen

..I think, the way it sounds, that this new tiger swing change is an even bigger haul than his previous changes. Tiger has always been more of an arms swinger, to totally overhaul and try to be a body swing at this stage of his career is really radical. It's easy to see why he misses so badly, if you think most of those times are his arms doing what they've always done while his body is trying to stay compact, gets all out of sync.

I have no faith that tiger is going to make it whenever i seem him standing over a medium or longer length putt

Lukey D aint playing so good today.

Im not sitting here as a Tiger homer or anything like that, but could Tiger be so worried about mechanics because he is still learning the swing? I mean once he learns it he wont be all that worried about mechanics I would think.

Lukey D aint playing so good today.

Im not sitting here as a Tiger homer or anything like that, but could Tiger be so worried about mechanics because he is still learning the swing? I mean once he learns it he wont be all that worried about mechanics I would think.

Dude, you do realize that every touring professional is constantly working on their swing? Why is it that the Tiger loyalists always have to have some sort of excuse for his poor play? Maybe he just isn't the same golfer, b/c we know he isn't the same person, don't we?

thanks gentlemen

..I think, the way it sounds, that this new tiger swing change is an even bigger haul than his previous changes. Tiger has always been more of an arms swinger, to totally overhaul and try to be a body swing at this stage of his career is really radical. It's easy to see why he misses so badly, if you think most of those times are his arms doing what they've always done while his body is trying to stay compact, gets all out of sync.

I have no faith that tiger is going to make it whenever i seem him standing over a medium or longer length putt

If you take a read on that article you'll see why he looks like he's arm swinging. They talk about it and why he's built the way he's built now as well.

Dude, you do realize that every touring professional is constantly working on their swing? Why is it that the Tiger loyalists always have to have some sort of excuse for his poor play? Maybe he just isn't the same golfer, b/c we know he isn't the same person, don't we?

Every tour pro is constantly working on their swing to get it to one specific swing. Always working on getting it back to the one spot where they think its perfect. Im not excusing his poor play, because his short game and putting is terrible. But if anyone is watching the golf, talking about his swing and cant see the fact that he is absolutely still stuck between swings, than they are blind, and shouldnt at all be talking about his swing at all.

Every tour pro is constantly working on their swing to get it to one specific swing. Always working on getting it back to the one spot where they think its perfect. Im not excusing his poor play, because his short game and putting is terrible. But if anyone is watching the golf, talking about his swing and cant see the fact that he is absolutely still stuck between swings, than they are blind, and shouldnt at all be talking about his swing at all.

I don't think he's ever felt it's been perfect, even when he was winning and dominating, hence the desire for all the changes. Some guys like to work with what they have, then get specific that way. He like overhauls, and I don't know why. Like I said, his swing doesn't look athletic at all. He looks like a bulkier version of Sean O'Hair with that swing.

YOu guys keep talking about his swing this and that and it is not great right now. But if you think that is why he is not playing well, I suggest you watch some more coverage. He makes One-T And Hundy look like good putters right now.

No but he was always working towards one perfect swing. Hes had to make changes, sure, but that changes what perfect swing he is working towards. No one will ever have a perfect golf swing, but everyone has a perfect swing that they are working towards. Because this is new, his misses are more magnified than what theyd normally be. We cant say Sean Foley's golf swing doesnt work, because its won golf tournaments. Its Tiger, and hes just not there yet. You cant argue the mans ability to take on swing changes. Hes done it before, and he'll probably do it again.

He started working with Foley at the PGA last year. So what, 6 months for a swing change isnt THAT long of a period of time.

Let me stress this, I am not saying this is why he hasnt won. But I am saying this is why his misses are a hell of a lot bigger than they used to be IMO.

I don't think he's ever felt it's been perfect, even when he was winning and dominating, hence the desire for all the changes. Some guys like to work with what they have, then get specific that way. He like overhauls, and I don't know why. Like I said, his swing doesn't look athletic at all. He looks like a bulkier version of Sean O'Hair with that swing.

YOu guys keep talking about his swing this and that and it is not great right now. But if you think that is why he is not playing well, I suggest you watch some more coverage. He makes One-T And Hundy look like good putters right now.

I agree. His short game and putting is absolutely the reason why he isnt winning. He had [if i remember correctly] 12 birdie putts in the first round? 9 of them being makeable?

Watching Stricker play is so perplexing to me right now. In the past anytime he had 8-12 feet you assumed he was making it or just missing. Now he is leaving putts short, missing them left, etc... So puzzling. I think he read a Foley book on putting in the offseason...hehe

Pffft...I make him look like a good putter

I think we lost TC. He had to go change pants as they just showed Westy frolicking in the water. Got a shot of his Canadian tan and everything (that means pale). He and Rex Ryan just got excited at Toothy's feet.

I think we lost TC. He had to go change pants as they just showed Westy frolicking in the water. Got a shot of his Canadian tan and everything (that means pale). He and Rex Ryan just got excited at Toothy's feet.

Now I know how hundy feels about me :)

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

another weekend duffer tee shot by tiger.

Im guessing Tiger did not like that tee shot. His powerful emotions took over and he decided to slam the club into the ground. This new Tiger shows fire.

Nice 3 wood by Tiger there, I have the pop fly 3 wood in my bag as well. Good to see the club slam is back in his game though.

Im guessing Tiger did not like that tee shot. His powerful emotions took over and he decided to slam the club into the ground. This new Tiger shows fire.

I've heard that some oriental culture's believe the act of raking sand is calming influence on the mind. I think tiger should rake his own bunker shots, maybe that's the key

Tiger should start endorsing P.U.P's if he is going to keep hitting them like that. Now, I won't feel as bad when I pop one up tomorrow.

The Razr X irons commercials is cool just to watch ernie's swing. that's a swing that'll sell golf clubs.

ernie's a guy who should never need to fool around with swing changes. anyone who messes with a swing that beautiful should arrested for defiling art

Tiger missed that 3 foot birdie putt by two inches. He needs a belly putter.

Kevin

Back