New wishon 919 thi

Just curious to know if you have you played one?

Yup and it was in our first driver shoot out. I would never comment on equipment characteristics if I had not tried something.

Yup and it was in our first driver shoot out. I would never comment on equipment characteristics if I had not tried something.

Wasn't what I was getting at at all, it was an honest question out of curiosity.

Wasn't what I was getting at at all, it was an honest question out of curiosity.

I thought I gave an honest answer, no?

I find that it is one of the lowest spinning drivers I have ever hit. Based on its nickname being the Spin Killer (by the people at Bridgestone), I am thinking that robot numbers showed it too.

It will definitely work well for people that have high spin issues and will bring those down. It will work incredibly well for those, however for people that need spin, it can kill them.

hey landon, how long until i see this thing for sale on fgi? just sell it to me now and get it over with....LOL!!!

I'd have to give it away there so probably never. I've already got a line formed full of "DIBS", LOL!

If it feels like the 11* head I just sold because I hit it too high, but brings down the ball flight, it'll probably be here for my 6 yr old to play when she gets big enough.:D

bottom line is that is just looks like a well made head.

Gorgeous looking club you put together there LBlack14. Absolutely love the way it looks. And on the earlier reply - I actually didn't know that some of the other component makers had put out white heads previously, but I don't know a lot about the component market other that a few things I've seen watching the Long Drive Championships. Also haven't heard of the Harrison shafts, but it sounds like they make a pretty good product from what some others have said.

Saw your comments on the J33R. I had the chance to play with them on the range, and it was definitely a nice head especially with the right shaft. I hit one that was paired with a Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ that was a thing of beauty. The J38 ended up fitting my game a little better when the time came, and gave very similar spin numbers to what I'd seen with the stock J33R but tighter dispersion than anything else I demo'd.

But back to that beautiful Wishon/Harrison - love the combo, and that white grip just sets the whole package off beautifully! Good luck with that new stick man.

I'd have to give it away there so probably never. I've already got a line formed full of "DIBS", LOL!

If it feels like the 11* head I just sold because I hit it too high, but brings down the ball flight, it'll probably be here for my 6 yr old to play when she gets big enough.:D
ok then i call dibs here!!! hahahaha what did you pay for the head? and who did you use?

Gorgeous looking club you put together there LBlack14. Absolutely love the way it looks. And on the earlier reply - I actually didn't know that some of the other component makers had put out white heads previously, but I don't know a lot about the component market other that a few things I've seen watching the Long Drive Championships. Also haven't heard of the Harrison shafts, but it sounds like they make a pretty good product from what some others have said.

Saw your comments on the J33R. I had the chance to play with them on the range, and it was definitely a nice head especially with the right shaft. I hit one that was paired with a Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ that was a thing of beauty. The J38 ended up fitting my game a little better when the time came, and gave very similar spin numbers to what I'd seen with the stock J33R but tighter dispersion than anything else I demo'd.

But back to that beautiful Wishon/Harrison - love the combo, and that white grip just sets the whole package off beautifully! Good luck with that new stick man.

I sincerely thank you.

ok then i call dibs here!!! hahahaha what did you pay for the head? and who did you use?

I can't talk price, I have an account with Wishon and dealt directly with Matt.

I play Wishon forged irons but haven't tried his driver. How does it compare to the Taylormade R11 and Callaway Razr Hawk?

The right loft with the right shaft will perform AT LEAST as well as any of the majors. The 919THI is know for being one of the MOST forgiving drivers on the market.

The right loft with the right shaft will perform AT LEAST as well as any of the majors. The 919THI is know for being one of the MOST forgiving drivers on the market.

Have you tried them out?

Have you tried them out?

I hit the 919 on the range at work yesterday and I like it. Very forgiving as in solid everywhere on the face. I like it so much JB, I bought another 2011 black one hand picked to 10.5 and square last night after I got home. Also bought the 2011 949MC 4w hand picked to 16* and square.

As far as "them" goes, I work at a practice facility/learning center with Trackman amongst other fitting technology. We have a fully stocked Proshop and are 1 of the few certified Callawy and Nike fitting centers in the area and carry ALL the Majors. I get to hit all the latest gear whenever I please, so if the "Them" was them then a big ol' YES.

The "them" that I like...SuperTri, I own one. Didn't care for the SuperDeep TP, I owned one. The 9064LS, I have one coming. I also own a Fast 10 which I like. Just got rid of my original Speedline. The Bridgestone J33, still, is in a class by itself and I think correct loft, shafts and individuals swing have a whole bunch more to do with spin than the actual head design. There's just not much more that can be done different to make a big difference. JB, I've been in the business for 23 yrs. in some way, shape or form. Have always had access to what I've wanted in that time. In the past 5 or 6 yrs. have become more and more interested in design technology and trying different golf equipment since my comptetive softball career was/has coming/come to a close. I was the same with softball equipment, especially bat technology.

I do my best to be as honest as I can about equipment and not try using big words or smoke and mirrors to get my point across. I'm also in no way, shape or form obligated or partial to any equipment due to corperate dollars. I've paid for all my own equipment that you've seen/heard of that I've owned and I've OWNED it all myself, not borrowed. No staff deals here and I also have educated myself so as not to be at the mercy of retailers and sales reps to know the what ifs and what fors. I love listening to the used car salesmen in this business, they humor me and make me realize how NOT to do business.

Just thought I'd let you know some more about myself.

I dont really understand most of that, but if it works for you, it works for me.

The last paragraph I find especially intriguing as it relates to THP (despite that your thoughts on it are different) and why we have forum members do much of the testing here. Kind of gets past the smoke and mirrors that way despite what some may believe.

I think he was just saying hes blunt with his reviews so everyone understands what hes talking about. Nothing against THP but more or less everyone else who does reviews and marketing.
I dont really understand most of that, but if it works for you, it works for me.

The last paragraph I find especially intriguing as it relates to THP (despite that your thoughts on it are different) and why we have forum members do much of the testing here. Kind of gets past the smoke and mirrors that way despite what some may believe.

Either way, its a cool looking driver for damn sure.

Looks good

Good luck with your new driver -- it looks great. I think that you'll like the 949 fairway as well. I have both the 14 and 16.5 deg with Aldila NV 75g R shafts and they're incredibly solid and consistent. I love the 16.5 from the deck and the 14 is my goto driver when i have to hit a fairway and get 225+.

Thanks and thanks.

I love THP by the way. If I didn't I wouldn't be here.

Back