Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's melting, melting, MELTING. It's been in the 30's all week and i can start to see patches of green amongst the see of white. Soon to the golf course I will return :egyptian::egyptian::twist: (to be perfectly honest, i've been looking for a while now for an opportunity to use those emoticons)

The weather here in Edmonton is FINALLY starting to improve as well. We are starting to see some temperatures reach the plus side which means soon enough all of this snow can finally go away so that we can get the chance to play some decent golf before the outing in May.

It's snowing here right now, but this weeks forcast is sweeeeet. Calling for close to 70 by Thursday, hard to believe.

Sound like 60's here later this week. I drove around my home course this morning with our owner and it is very wet but hoping to open late next week.

it actually got up to 70 when the wind wasnt blowing 40mph in your face on every hole

No rain or snow yet, but they still say it's going to be here tonight.

Had a major wind storm here yesterday. Where I live has very little wind normally. Blew over 7 trees on the course two of which were healthy, 50 foot tall pines that were integral to the 1st hole on the course. Real bummer

Had a major wind storm here yesterday. Where I live has very little wind normally. Blew over 7 trees on the course two of which were healthy, 50 foot tall pines that were integral to the 1st hole on the course. Real bummer

Man, sorry to hear that!

Woke to about an inch or a little more of fresh white snow this morning. Must have came down with no wind, its nice and even over everything. Seeing how it should be gone very quickly its actually very pretty.

jeeez these weather guys... i should apply for a weatherman job
not 30 mins ago they said it would be mostly cloudy with a chance of rain
looking out the window there isnt a cloud in the sky

Looks like we only got an inch or so, and none of it stuck on the streets or driveways.

Part of my job is driving a ton of miles, so I've driven is some ugly weather, but today was as bad as it gets.

Ice last night followed by 1 1/2 inches of snow overnight and temps trying to rise this AM brought fog so thick at times I couldn't see past the front of my truck. The ice and snows one thing, the fogs one thing, but all together is about as bad as I like, lol.

I'm pulled over now and looks to be clearing some thank goodness.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

i have come up with a formula to translate the weather guys predictions into an accurate forecast for the day
for example today... he said it was gonna be mid 50s and sunny with a 5-10mph breeze
i subtract 10 degrees from his prediction
mix partly to mostly cloudy
add 10-15 mph to the wind which in turn subtracts 10 more degrees to the temp (wind chill factor)
my formula was dead on... it felt like 30 degrees out with a stuff 25-30mph gale and the sun hid most of the day behind high clouds

Looks like Wed/Thu will be my only shots for golf this week. Hopefully I can get out at least once!

The weather here as really come around in the last few weeks 60's-80's, been playing almost every day and heading out to hit some here in a few !

65* and sunny in Louisville right now. Will be playing this afternoon when it's expected to be in the low 70's!

It's a toasty 85 right now. Bring on the farmers tan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was high 50s low 60s and really sunny with a slight breeze

It's supposed to get into the 80s today. Too bad I had an early delivery an hour away and an appointment in a couple hours.

The sun was out for a moment, just a tease though as the course is so wet even the driving range is closed and it looks like the rain will be back this evening and stay for at least another 10 days. Gotta love the Pacific Northwest. Looks like it's Wii golf or nothing.

Getting ready to head out; first round at the club this year. Supposed to be sunny and high of 50 today, but right now it's a balmy 31.

How do you "warm up" when it's 31 out..

Got a new case of pentas waiting!

Tapping and talking since 2010.

weatherman said 50s and sunny
it was partly/mostly cloudy and 30 with a 9trillion mph freezing cold wind

36* here right now and really rainy. liking this weather though because it's knocking down a ton of snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back