TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I would love that but I cannot find a Taylormade fitting day anywhere near me. The fitting I did have was with our local Taylormade rep but he had limited shafts at the time. So rather than wait I ordered the R11 with the stock blur because my numbers were good. But now that the TP shafts are available I want to find the best one.

You do not need a TM fitting day to get fit by someone locally. If you check through local courses and stores, you should be able to find a TM fitter that is capable of doing this. If all else fails, contact TM customer service and they can help with one.

You do not need a TM fitting day to get fit by someone locally. If you check through local courses and stores, you should be able to find a TM fitter that is capable of doing this. If all else fails, contact TM customer service and they can help with one.
Thanks JB I am going to do that ASAP!!!

45 minutes

That is the time I had to get out to the range, hit the new R11 3 wood (15.5) and get back home before the wife headed out today. I set the club last night to a open face and decreased the loft by .5 to 15deg. There are no weights to change on the 3 wood. Got out to the range and hit a quick 17 shots with the 3 wood. Keep in mind....this was without a proper warmup. First thoughts - the club felt heavier than my old Callaway Diabalo and even other 3 woods I had picked up. Actually felt good that it wasn't so light. Could of just been me but it did feel heavier than I expected. Still looked good behind the ball as well. Love the sight of the white and then the gray face behind the ball. Funny, but I noticed the white more on today's overcast day than I did a sunny day. It just poped out with the cloud cover.

First couple of hits were low and I chalked them up to being tight and not warmed up. Then I started getting into a somewhat flow. Next couple a nice ball flight with a slight cut. I could really tell the club weight now. I didn't feel like I had to swing as hard as I could to get the ball going. Interesting. Well, next couple I went against that theory and really tried to pop 'em, good contact made but a little 15-20 yrd pull left, but straight. Went back to the cut on the last 10.

I need more time but my first thougths are that I'm going to like this club....maybe not as much as the R11 driver but time will tell. I may need to adjust it another .5deg. down when it's all said and done. Of course, I had to end my quick 15 minute session with about 7 driver hits. I love this club more and more each time. Like JB said earlier, I was "that guy" with the white woods and people were watching. It was fun knowing that I better hit those ball well or else I would get the look. Didn't disappoint :act-up:

I'll report back when I get some more time with this 3 wood. Thanks to the rest of you that have been posting on this thread. Love reading about each and every one of your thoughts and experiences!

You did mean a black face right? Because I have never seen one with a gray face.

i def need to get some more time with an R11 - i think my supertri is too spinny - and i think the R11 will fit my game better.

I'll go black if ya want but I'd call it a nice dark gray. Either way.....

Are you a little color blind? :alien:

r11driver_face.jpg

i def need to get some more time with an R11 - i think my supertri is too spinny - and i think the R11 will fit my game better.

I remember one time I hit my ST that it spun so much that the back hit and kicked back a foot :cyclops:

I think you may need a fitting for a new shaft on the supertri. I am a super high spinner (average 3,500-4,000 with stock shafts - doesn't matter the club) but I liked the Tri. I was fit yesterday with an upgraded shaft and whola, the spin came down.

Oh the ST is a great driver. I never was a big fan of how it sounded.. and on poor shots I could spin it like mad. The R11 just has a much more well balanced feel and great sound to me.

The supertri is a higher spin head than the R11 perhaps if you are fighting high spin #'s you should try the R11. When I tested the Supertri I was in the 4700 to 5000 rpm range then I tried the r11 and I"m at 2700 ish ... they are 2 totally different heads.

I think you may need a fitting for a new shaft on the supertri. I am a super high spinner (average 3,500-4,000 with stock shafts - doesn't matter the club) but I liked the Tri. I was fit yesterday with an upgraded shaft and whola, the spin came down.

I know i need to be fitted for a shaft- the miyazaki's arent available for testing here so im hoping to demo some at the demo day and get someones input

The supertri is a higher spin head than the R11 perhaps if you are fighting high spin #'s you should try the R11. When I tested the Supertri I was in the 4700 to 5000 rpm range then I tried the r11 and I"m at 2700 ish ... they are 2 totally different heads.
thats why i think the r11 would be a good fit - again perhaps i can game one for a round in may at the demo day. id love to see ballflight rather than numbers on a launch monitor.

I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. I would just be concerned if the face was anything other than black about my clubs authenticity, but Im sure its black and from your perception it just looks like a lighter shade. Either way thanks for trying to get some feedback out there with your limited range time.

I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. I would just be concerned if the face was anything other than black about my clubs authenticity, but Im sure its black and from your perception it just looks like a lighter shade. Either way thanks for trying to get some feedback out there with your limited range time.

To be fair the smaller face on the FW and hybrid looks more gray than the driver. I don't know why but I thought they looked a bit different and I can guarantee those clubs were authentic :D

To be fair the smaller face on the FW and hybrid looks more gray than the driver. I don't know why but I thought they looked a bit different and I can guarantee those clubs were authentic :D

Thanks for rubbing that in buddy haha. I'll keep that in mind so when I get mine I won't be obsessing over the color of the face.

lol no shame in rubbing in a great experience.

Totally wasn't trying to rub that in. Sorry if it came off that way!

Wow....who knew there would be so many HSO's on the face color...LOL!!!

Picked up an R11 3-wood last week. Went with the blur. I did a shootout between the r11, razr, the octane and the 910f and of these I liked the R11 best. The feel at impact and the way the ball was coming off the face was really impressive, not to mention they were going straight.

I will say the razr was the longest for me, however it wasn't as forgiving on off-centre hits as the r11.

Picked up an R11 3-wood last week. Went with the blur. I did a shootout between the r11, razr, the octane and the 910f and of these I liked the R11 best. The feel at impact and the way the ball was coming off the face was really impressive, not to mention they were going straight.

I will say the razr was the longest for me, however it wasn't as forgiving on off-centre hits as the r11.

Wow, really? I was convinced from reading everything that the Hawk was way more forgiving.

Also would have expected the Hawk to be forgiving since its 460cc compared to the R11's 440cc.

Wow, really? I was convinced from reading everything that the Hawk was way more forgiving.

Also would have expected the Hawk to be forgiving since its 460cc compared to the R11's 440cc.

THe 3 wood is 460? You sure?

Totally wasn't trying to rub that in. Sorry if it came off that way!

Oh I was just busting your chops man, I know you would never hold your good fortune over our heads. Plus I think you have every right have a little bit of that "haha look what I got to do" feeling.

Back