Contest - THP March Madness Official Bracket 2011 (Spoilers)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. DO NOT SKIM!

We are going to use ESPN for our bracket this again year. We've been using this for our Streak for the Cash games and other fun games throughout the year and it seems that everyone is happy with this site. Please read the first two posts in this thread for all the info you need.

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/frontpage

The winner will receive a VERY COOL THP Prize Pack. JB can elaborate as he feels is necessary. Most likely, the more people we have, the bigger the prize will be. Last year we had close to 100 members play. This year there will hopefully be double that.

Please use your THP Screen name for this contest to be eligible for the prize pack. I had to add numbers after my name. When you sign up, it asks for your real name. You can put whatever you want for that name. If you already have an ESPN account you want to use, please change your last name to your THP name for this contest. One entry per person. We need to know who you are.

You must be a forum member and have at least TEN posts to qualify, FIVE in the past 30 days. Please check post #3 in this thread to make sure your name isn't here as being ineligible due to not following the rules for any reason.

You MUST use your forum screen name or have it there somehow. Failure to have the post count AT TIME OF SUBMISSION will have your entry null and void.

The group ID is: 29024
The group name is: THP 2011 OFFICIAL BRACKET (Note that this is THP, not THE)
The group password is: Hackers

This is a LOCKED group, which means that once the tournament starts, you cannot join or leave the group. Of course you cannot change your picks either! You are responsible for making sure that you actually got into the group and that your selections were saved. Every year we have a few entries that didn't take for whatever reason. Please make sure your entry is submitted to the group correctly! Make sure to check the ESPN rules for scoring and tie breaking procedures.

You will be be able fill out your bracket in its entirety from a single page this year. Click or drag the team name as far as you think that team will advance (you can even drag them all the way to the National Champions box). Once the bracket is complete, and you have submitted your tiebreaker score for the Championship match, the Submit button will change color (to a yellow button) and you may submit your picks.

There may be spoilers within this thread, so be careful if you want to watch games after they have been played.

GAMES BEGIN MARCH 17.

Last edited:
How to Play
Playing is a breeze. Follow this step by step sign-up process and you'll be tipping off in no time. Or, see below (step 3), for help on filling out your bracket in preparation for the big event.

Step 1 - Entering The Game
A valid ESPN username and password will be used as an identifier to login and to keep track of your entry's score and standing. If you've had an ESPN account in the past but forgot it, here's how to find your account information. After you have logged in, click on the CREATE ENTRY button on the frontpage to create your entry.

Step 2 - Naming your Entry (Optional)
Before filling out your bracket give your entry some character and assign it a name. After you've clicked the "Create Entry" button, you will be forwarded to a screen that will ask you to name your entry. Once you have named your entry, you may choose to change your Email Reminders setting and then click on the "Submit Entry Settings" button. You will have the opportunity to change your entry name at any point during the game by clicking the "Edit Entry Settings" link on your entry page.

Step 3 - Make your selections (Bracket is available: Sunday March 13th, 2011)
Before the release of the official tournament bracket on Sunday, March 13th, 2011, you will only be able to view your Entry page with the Countdown clock counting down to the release of the bracket. One hour following the announcement of the tournament match-ups you will have the opportunity to select who you think will win each of the 63 tournament games. Entrants may change their selections as often as they like prior to the scheduled tip-off time of the first game in the second round of the tournament (currently scheduled for the morning of Thursday, March 17, 2011) after which all selections must be finalized.

You will be be able fill out your bracket in its entirety from a single page this year. Click or drag the team name as far as you think that team will advance (you can even drag them all the way to the National Champions box). Once the bracket is complete, and you have submitted your tiebreaker score for the Championship match, the Submit button will change color (to a yellow button) and you may submit your picks.

Notes:
  • You will have the option to edit your entries at any time after they have been initially submitted, before the lock time.
  • You cannot delete an entry/bracket once it has been created.
  • An e-mail reminder will be sent to all entrants who had joined the game before the brackets were released and those who have not submitted their selections.

Below are names that I do not see in our forum directory or are below the required post count. Remember, you need at least 10 posts overall, five in the last 30 days, to participate in this contest. Please PM me if you see your name on this list. You will need to change the name on your entry.

carlspackler_79, carlspackler_79
B_Loock, 8100ck3
Nuss1, videogator
Nuss3, videogator (This guy not only didn't read the rules on using your forum name, but he also didn't read the one entry only rule)
Stephen Davisdds (post count)

I had to delete:
  • carlspackler (who?)
  • Nuss1 (duplicate entry)
  • Nuss3 (duplicate entry)
  • Blooke (who?)
  • Stephendavisdds (not enough posts)

Almost deleted someone else who changed their name after registering. He was lucky I didn't see the forum name so I pm'd him.

Last edited:
Cool, I did pretty well on my bracket last year. Hope I can again this year.

Sweet! Going to fill out a rough bracket now, then go back and finish a little later on.

Should be fun. Hopefully my bracket doesnt suck again this year.

I will not be filling out any brackets this year. Too tough to call for me to have stakes in it. I think I'd rather just sit back and enjoy the show. Good luck everyone.

I will not be filling out any brackets this year. Too tough to call for me to have stakes in it. I think I'd rather just sit back and enjoy the show. Good luck everyone.

That is just flat out pathetic. :act-up:

You big wuss. haha

Nice. I'm in. I think it was last year or the year before I almost won it. So really looking forward to it again this year!!

You weiner, enter it. If I say im going to kick your butt in this, will that give you a little fuel to enter? I know you wont turn down a competition.

Dammitt! I'm in. I hate filling out brackets, I'm telling you guys, I jinx teams.

I want to play! I'll do it later.

Dammitt! I'm in. I hate filling out brackets, I'm telling you guys, I jinx teams.

Then DON'T pick Kansas! hahaha

Haha that-a-way!

I always suck at finding the right upset then it screws up my whole bracket.

I honestly know nothing about basketball, I clicked random team names all the way to the championship so we will see how I do.

This will be my first go at this, I usually suck pretty bad with March Madness brackets but lets do it.

I just entered and filled out the whole thing in like 2 minutes without thinking. I figure that's my best chance.

Lol. I entered. Supposed to be in Vegas for some of the tourney this year. Stupid work. I haven't been following as much as I used too the last couple years. But I'm definitely pulling for the UofA.

I think I'm the worst Bracketologist on the face of this planet. I never pick a good upset, and I'm just terrible at picking away from top seeds.. Oh this should be fun

My bracket is done. I basically just pick teams based on location, name, mascot and color of uniforms. Of course I had to take my Gators to win it all. I doubt it will happen but they had to be picked.

I have absolutely no clue who to pick this year which should bode well for me since the years that I thought I would do well, I sucked.

Back