Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the market for some new wedges. I currently mixing it up with a Mizuno 52* Cleveland 56* and a Vokey 60*. I like them but would like some consistency in look and feel. Any thoughts on the Scratch wedges? I would like to be fit for my wedges, that sounds like a great idea. Everyone goes after the ball a little different. Besides Scratch, who else fits wedges?

Scratch as you mentioned or Titleist Wedgeworks

The di11's are really nice looking that is a big part of my decision makeing

I love your pondering right there.

still pondering a 3w.....can't wait for the outing to finalize the search

I'm in the market for some new wedges. I currently mixing it up with a Mizuno 52* Cleveland 56* and a Vokey 60*. I like them but would like some consistency in look and feel. Any thoughts on the Scratch wedges? I would like to be fit for my wedges, that sounds like a great idea. Everyone goes after the ball a little different. Besides Scratch, who else fits wedges?

Cleveland golf fits wedges as well. For a starting point, check this link: http://www.clevelandgolf.com/US_wedge_fitting_system.html

Wedge setup.

The CG16 PW is 44 degrees which somewhat buggers my favorite wedge set up (50/54/58). Might go with the same wedges but have them bent 1 degree weak

Wedge setup.

The CG16 PW is 44 degrees which somewhat buggers my favorite wedge set up (50/54/58). Might go with the same wedges but have them bent 1 degree weak

I thought that the 52° CG16 GW wouldn't match up well with my 46° PW, but it actually did quite well. It might be worth checking it out before worrying too much.

I'm pondering some Icy hot.

I know you guys talked about the vicino, but any reviews on the balero?

From the iPhone.

It was in one of our early putter shoot outs. It did fair at best. It was not a very big mover from TM.

It was in one of our early putter shoot outs. It did fair at best. It was not a very big mover from TM.

I just got stuck with one. I love the insert but would definitely prefer something with a little more weight. The guy told me it was somethin different and showed up with it. Not a terrible putter, better than what I traded for it.

From the iPhone.

I thought that the 52° CG16 GW wouldn't match up well with my 46° PW, but it actually did quite well. It might be worth checking it out before worrying too much.

Can't help it Hawk, I'm a worried by trade heh.

Good tip though, thanks mate.
(and the wedges will have to wait a bit under dire threats from my wife about shoes, specifically closests full of them...)

Even after getting fitted, I am still pondering. Had a chat with my coach and we ended up going with the R11 (it just worked too well and I hit it very straight) and the TP MB irons in 7-PW. Now...the wait. But I'm still pondering, it seems to never end!

Even after getting fitted, I am still pondering. Had a chat with my coach and we ended up going with the R11 (it just worked too well and I hit it very straight) and the TP MB irons in 7-PW. Now...the wait. But I'm still pondering, it seems to never end!

Haha so now you're not going with the SF 2.0 Pete? I think you'll like the Combo. What are you still pondering?

Haha so now you're not going with the SF 2.0 Pete? I think you'll like the Combo. What are you still pondering?

No, we looked at some stuff and discussed it a fair bit. Adjustability is a huge plus. Should I all of a sudden start hitting the driver too high, I can just adjust it down and so on. That's not a possibility with the SF 2.0. Also, I'm taking that part of the fitting with a grain of salt, since I used the R11 for 9 rounds in Spain and it performed beautifully. I got more distance out of the SF but I don't need 10 more yards, I need 10 yards less dispersion.

Looking at what glove, shoes, bag etc to go with.

No, we looked at some stuff and discussed it a fair bit. Adjustability is a huge plus. Should I all of a sudden start hitting the driver too high, I can just adjust it down and so on. That's not a possibility with the SF 2.0. Also, I'm taking that part of the fitting with a grain of salt, since I used the R11 for 9 rounds in Spain and it performed beautifully. I got more distance out of the SF but I don't need 10 more yards, I need 10 yards less dispersion.

Looking at what glove, shoes, bag etc to go with.

I'd say the Adidas Adiupure :D

Why did you guys decide to go with the combo set?

Why did you guys decide to go with the combo set?

We had a discussion about scoring irons and what I'm looking for in them. The MBs had a different feel to them, like the ball stayed on the clubface a fraction longer. Numbers were good with both and I felt I had the liberty of choosing whichever combination I wanted. This sentiment was shared by the fitter as well. Also, the way the MBs looked to my eye just screamed "scoring irons" whilst the MCs looked more like helpers. I also liked the trajectory a bit better with the MBs compared to the MCs. The MCs were great for helping me with my longer irons, whilst the MBs were great for my short irons.

Also went with the R11 I've gamed in recent weeks instead of the SF 2.0. We figured if it's been working so well, why change? Come mid-April my coach will also have his own fitting cart (with all shafts, heads etc) and then I can just try all the shafts using his Trackman and see if there's a better fit than the Blur.

Adipures are sweet but they cost a pretty penny. I go through about a pair and a half per year. Have a white pair now from last fall, cheap low-end model but they're very good anyways. Looking at the Innolux 2.0 now in black. Good price and look comfy, Adidas just fit my feet perfectly.

BTW, you think they'll discontinue the R9 glove now with the new models? I like it very much and has good value + durability. The TP glove is great but it's also pricey.

Last edited:
My bag is set except for irons. I either want the CBs, MCs, or CG16s. I'm getting a little impatient as the weather is beautiful this weekend but I can't player without irons... Come on Taylormade!

Need some help guys.

Hit the TA7 Gunmetal at PGA Superstore today while I was putter grip shopping. Even if I get the TM TP CB's I'm almost considering buying a set of these. They felt phenominal!!! Thinking of going the used Ebay route but I don't know if they're gonna feel the same as they did today. You know when you just hit an iron and you're like... must have? I got a bit of that feeling today. I figure since it says re release that it's the same iron but I want to make sure before I go in and purchase. Plus have to see if I get into the Morgan Cup and what type of cash Ill have lol. But man, what a feel! I put one off the toe and lost about 15 yards on the sim. Not sure what the ball flight would've been like but the sim didnt show it straying too much.

Hit the Method Core again, it feels pretty good.

They had some of the new Taylormade insert putters and I hit those a few times. Liked the feel quite a bit actually.

Need some help guys.

Hit the TA7 Gunmetal at PGA Superstore today while I was putter grip shopping. Even if I get the TM TP CB's I'm almost considering buying a set of these. They felt phenominal!!! Thinking of going the used Ebay route but I don't know if they're gonna feel the same as they did today. You know when you just hit an iron and you're like... must have? I got a bit of that feeling today. I figure since it says re release that it's the same iron but I want to make sure before I go in and purchase. Plus have to see if I get into the Morgan Cup and what type of cash Ill have lol. But man, what a feel! I put one off the toe and lost about 15 yards on the sim. Not sure what the ball flight would've been like but the sim didnt show it straying too much.

Hit the Method Core again, it feels pretty good.

They had some of the new Taylormade insert putters and I hit those a few times. Liked the feel quite a bit actually.

Because you are a friend, I can say this Yoccos. I am about to slap you.

No buying until after demo day remember? heheheheheheh

Lmfao. What if they're used on ebay for $90???

The pimp hand of yours JB is pretty strong. I'm sure I'd feel it from Florida haha.

Because you are a friend, I can say this Yoccos. I am about to slap you.

No buying until after demo day remember? heheheheheheh

Lmfao. What if they're used on ebay for $90???

The pimp hand of yours JB is pretty strong. I'm sure I'd feel it from Florida haha.

I dont care if they are 9.80. Stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back