kook

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm very glad to have found this site. I'm currently in the golf black hole of St. Clair Shores MI. Its about 40 min for me to get to any of the courses I like to play. I'm definitely to the point where I'm sick of the snow and can't wait to get out and hit the links.

Welcome to THP.

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome to THP

Nice to meet you

Welcome.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP, kook!

:welcome:

Glad that you found this site! :welcome:

Welcome to THP. Grew up in Michigan about 5 hours due north but spent many years in your part of the state. Some really nice courses down there but so many of them are private that it makes it a long drive to find a good public course.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP. Sorry to hear you are so far from a course. Makes it tuff to play

Welcome to THP. How far away do you live from the new harbor shores golf course? I am looking to play there this spring and it would be fun to play it with some fellow THPers.

Welcome to THP. How far away do you live from the new harbor shores golf course? I am looking to play there this spring and it would be fun to play it with some fellow THPers.

Its about 3 hrs away so it would be pretty tough to get out there.

---

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Welcome!

Welcome to the site!

:welcome:

Welcome from down south. I know what you mean, I was stationed in the U P for 3+ years and this ole Georgia boy grew to truly hate snow and cold.

I'm very glad to have found this site. I'm currently in the golf black hole of St. Clair Shores MI. Its about 40 min for me to get to any of the courses I like to play. I'm definitely to the point where I'm sick of the snow and can't wait to get out and hit the links.

Hi there. Born in Sarnia and live in London. Work for a company that has an office in Sterling Heights, so know your area a bit. Do you play Fore Lakes? Such a nice course for the cost of peanuts!

Welcome! My wife is from St Claire. Well East China to be more exact. Apparently there is a huge difference between St Claire and St Claire Shores. I didnt know when I first met her. me being from the Grand Rapids area, I wouldnt understand she says!

Fore Lakes is a great course!!!! That is also where my wife and I got married. I would drive across the state just to play that course with the cost of it being soo good. Another course I have played on that side of the state that is pretty small is Rattle Run. Not the greatest course but its good when you dont have many to choose from. Also if you know anyone with some credentials at Selfridge Air Force Base, I would higly suggest trying out their course aswell. Fun to play golf in the middle of an AF base.

Welcome! My wife is from St Claire. Well East China to be more exact. Apparently there is a huge difference between St Claire and St Claire Shores. I didnt know when I first met her. me being from the Grand Rapids area, I wouldnt understand she says!

Fore Lakes is a great course!!!! That is also where my wife and I got married. I would drive across the state just to play that course with the cost of it being soo good. Another course I have played on that side of the state that is pretty small is Rattle Run. Not the greatest course but its good when you dont have many to choose from. Also if you know anyone with some credentials at Selfridge Air Force Base, I would higly suggest trying out their course aswell. Fun to play golf in the middle of an AF base.

Funny, I've only played 3 courses around the border and you named all three! My Company is a defense company and I deal with the US Army on a dialy basis and we play a golf tourney at Selfridge every yr.

Back