Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, I'd be a DAN fool if I bought irons before demo day.

Alright that made me laugh right there. Love that commercial. I'm pondering a ton of things. Most notable is the CG-16 wedges. Also pondering the M1 & M4. For the first time in a very long time I am not pondering irons at all.

Alright that made me laugh right there. Love that commercial. I'm pondering a ton of things. Most notable is the CG-16 wedges. Also pondering the M1 & M4. For the first time in a very long time I am not pondering irons at all.

You too!

9662d491.gif

LOL I am waiting!!

I'm the mod, rocking the pimp turtle neck, watching you fools get jacked by JB, hahaha

Don't do it yoccos, you'll have so many sweet irons to hit at demo day.

That commercial always cracks me up. I'm pretty sure we will be stocked with Mashies but just in case, you are free to take some swings with my M1 or M3 if you want.

Lol. That cracked me up because I can absolutely picture that happening.

I'm the mod, rocking the pimp turtle neck, watching you fools get jacked by JB, hahaha

Don't do it yoccos, you'll have so many sweet irons to hit at demo day.

KellyBo won a contest and received a CG16 seven iron. I have bagged it for the last two days and I must say it is a magnet. Kelly also won a Burner 2.0 six iron so I stuck it in the bag as well. I know, she is a club winning fool :D:thumb:.... The CG16 and the Taylormade irons are both a pleasure to play with and both perform at the top level. I can get both sets of irons at pretty much the same price, as I am "The Insider". I got connections. I have the Cleveland demo this coming weekend. What in the world will ole gray be bagging? :confused2:

OG, in all seriousness, what are your likes/dislikes when comparing the CG1g's and the 2.0's?

all this talk of beatings and yet TC and OEM are walking around with nice shinny new R11's. I don't know man, something fishy going on.

all this talk of beatings and yet TC and OEM are walking around with nice shinny new R11's. I don't know man, something fishy going on.

We're old school. We were at the very first outing ever, we get a pass, plus c'mon, OEM is OEM and I'm left handed.

OG, in all seriousness, what are your likes/dislikes when comparing the CG1g's and the 2.0's?

The CG16's & 2.0's both feel solid and launch the ball further than I am accustomed to. With the CG16 seven iron being a steel shaft and the 2.0 six iron being graphite it was not a good comparison. I played with a friend who bagged the 2.0's today with steel shafts so I hit his seven iron along with the CG16. The 2.0 iron was very forgiving and the misses I had on the toe were miminal. Where the CG16 iron shined for me, was my ability to judge the distance of my shots and also the spin on the greens was superior.

We're old school. We were at the very first outing ever, we get a pass, plus c'mon, OEM is OEM and I'm left handed.

very true, i was proud of oem for holding off for as long as he did, plus i can't talk, its taking every fiber of my being to not have a razr hawk or r11 in the bag right now. i don't want to be pimp slapped by jb though. side note the computer here at the outlaws sucks. the shift key is busted and i have to type like old school tc.

The CG16's & 2.0's both feel solid and launch the ball further than I am accustomed to. With the CG16 seven iron being a steel shaft and the 2.0 six iron being graphite it was not a good comparison. I played with a friend who bagged the 2.0's today with steel shafts so I hit his seven iron along with the CG16. The 2.0 iron was very forgiving and the misses I had on the toe were miminal. Where the CG16 iron shined for me, was my ability to judge the distance of my shots and also the spin on the greens was superior.

Interesting indeed! How was the turf interaction for you with those shovels?

very true, i was proud of oem for holding off for as long as he did, plus i can't talk, its taking every fiber of my being to not have a razr hawk or r11 in the bag right now. i don't want to be pimp slapped by jb though. side note the computer here at the outlaws sucks. the shift key is busted and i have to type like old school tc.

you have no idea how much i miss typing like this. does typing the new way make me more serious? i'm typing the other way solely out of spite and I think that I'm doing a fantastic job.

Dude, it would be a tough decision between the Razr Hawk and the R11

you have no idea how much i miss typing like this. does typing the new way make me more serious? i'm typing the other way solely out of spite and I think that I'm doing a fantastic job.

Dude, it would be a tough decision between the Razr Hawk and the R11

Not for a Callaway staffer it wouldnt.

Interesting indeed! How was the turf interaction for you with those shovels?

Actually not a problem and in fact much better than the Cobra S2 irons I gamed for so long. I will be testing the CG16 Tour model this coming weekend. I am not sure the difference in loft is going to work for me. The CG16 six iron = 27 degree loft while the CG16 Tour = 30 degree loft. I will have to compare them side by side.

KellyBo won a contest and received a CG16 seven iron. I have bagged it for the last two days and I must say it is a magnet. Kelly also won a Burner 2.0 six iron so I stuck it in the bag as well. I know, she is a club winning fool :D:thumb:.... The CG16 and the Taylormade irons are both a pleasure to play with and both perform at the top level. I can get both sets of irons at pretty much the same price, as I am "The Insider". I got connections. I have the Cleveland demo this coming weekend. What in the world will ole gray be bagging? :confused2:

Gray I've always been curious, what's up with all the brand new equipment and then the classic old irons (and callaway no less) in the bag?

Gray I've always been curious, what's up with all the brand new equipment and then the classic old irons (and callaway no less) in the bag?

Dont worry Dent. Those will be changing next week or so for Gray. I have predicted his entire bag so far and wont be wrong this time either...hehe

Not for a Callaway staffer it wouldnt.

You are correct, Razr Hawk all day for this guy! You have to admit, it's probably the best you've ever seen me hit a driver huh?

Actually not a problem and in fact much better than the Cobra S2 irons I gamed for so long. I will be testing the CG16 Tour model this coming weekend. I am not sure the difference in loft is going to work for me. The CG16 six iron = 27 degree loft while the CG16 Tour = 30 degree loft. I will have to compare them side by side.

Yeah, it's hard giving up on some distance like that, and that's a good amount. I have to be honest, one of the things I love about the 2.0's is the progressive offset and sole design throughout the set. Your scoring irons get sleeker and sleeker, which it sounds like you are liking these days.

Dont worry Dent. Those will be changing next week or so for Gray. I have predicted his entire bag so far and wont be wrong this time either...hehe

Just saw the previous post and he said S2's? How come he's not gaming those.

Has Gray been influenced by your predictions or are you just psychic?

You are correct, Razr Hawk all day for this guy! You have to admit, it's probably the best you've ever seen me hit a driver huh?

It sure was. And those darn TM irons let you down. Perfect for a Callaway staffer.

I sold my S2 irons and ventured back to my old Cally's. I found the old clubs were still working good and I always loved the rifle shafts in them. My wife works at a golf course so it makes trying new clubs exciting, especially when they are :cleveland:.

P.S. Dent -- Sorry to hear about your car and having to pull your intentions for the Morgan Cup!

Just saw the previous post and he said S2's? How come he's not gaming those.

Has Gray been influenced by your predictions or are you just psychic?

Once you meet Gray, its not hard to make these predictions. I predicted 2 months ago that he would dump his snakes and said he would go with Cleveland. Why? Because KB met a local fitter and Gray liked him. Gray has to have only one brand in his bag for the most part and also wants to feel "close to the brand" compared to buying off the rack. He knew a local rep from Cobra and was close to their facebook crew too.

Now he knows a Cleveland person (the fitter) and tried out the stuff and it worked. Expect a full Cleveland bag shortly. Once he got a local guy on his side, it was set.

It sure was. And those darn TM irons let you down. Perfect for a Callaway staffer.

Bam! right on JB! I love your perspective.

I'm pondering all kinds of Callaway gear right now.

Razr Tour Irons
JAWS Wedges
Razr Hawk Driver, 3w, hybrid
and putters, oh boy, to think about those possibilities. I won't lie, the Tour Black #8 suits my eye big time!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back