Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you meet Gray, its not hard to make these predictions. I predicted 2 months ago that he would dump his snakes and said he would go with Cleveland. Why? Because KB met a local fitter and Gray liked him. Gray has to have only one brand in his bag for the most part and also wants to feel "close to the brand" compared to buying off the rack. He knew a local rep from Cobra and was close to their facebook crew too.

Now he knows a Cleveland person (the fitter) and tried out the stuff and it worked. Expect a full Cleveland bag shortly. Once he got a local guy on his side, it was set.

And I for one, love it! You go OG, slap a bag full of Cleveland gear together. Your scores will drop like you won't believe.

I sold my S2 irons and ventured back to my old Cally's. I found the old clubs were still working good and I always loved the rifle shafts in them. My wife works at a golf course so it makes trying new clubs exciting, especially when they are :cleveland:.

P.S. Dent -- Sorry to hear about your car and having to pull your intentions for the Morgan Cup!

Nice Gray. I'm sure your pondering some newer irons as well right? Perhaps some CG16's? :D

Thanks for the kind words as well.

Once you meet Gray, its not hard to make these predictions. I predicted 2 months ago that he would dump his snakes and said he would go with Cleveland. Why? Because KB met a local fitter and Gray liked him. Gray has to have only one brand in his bag for the most part and also wants to feel "close to the brand" compared to buying off the rack. He knew a local rep from Cobra and was close to their facebook crew too.

Now he knows a Cleveland person (the fitter) and tried out the stuff and it worked. Expect a full Cleveland bag shortly. Once he got a local guy on his side, it was set.

Haha, are you predicting CG16's?

Nice Gray. I'm sure your pondering some newer irons as well right? Perhaps some CG16's? :D

Thanks for the kind words as well.

Haha, are you predicting CG16's?

I said CG16 Tours. But I will be happy with my prediction of either side since the rest of the bag is right.

Ironically, Gray will be at the THP Demo Day in 2 months and have nothing to hit. But he will be an insider of course.

Looking at your bag set-up, you and Gray think similarly. :bananadance:

Yeah, it's hard giving up on some distance like that, and that's a good amount. I have to be honest, one of the things I love about the 2.0's is the progressive offset and sole design throughout the set. Your scoring irons get sleeker and sleeker, which it sounds like you are liking these days.

I really do like the thin soles on the 2.0's and that would be a strong point in their favor.

JB -- No one can come close to your sharp wit. You can roll em off the cuff quicker than anybody on the planet and funny to boot:D. I have one more insider to discuss a possible purchase with. Local golf coach who might be able to work out a deal with the 2.0's if I am pulled down that road. I am really going to take my time on this one and give it some thought. I might even wait until May and test the Wilson Di11s at the outing. It's fun to be in the shopping mode :thumb:

I really do like the thin soles on the 2.0's and that would be a strong point in their favor.

JB -- No one can come close to your sharp wit. You can roll em off the cuff quicker than anybody on the planet and funny to boot:D. I have one more insider to discuss a possible purchase with. Local golf coach who might be able to work out a deal with the 2.0's if I am pulled down that road. I am really going to take my time on this one and give it some thought. I might even wait until May and test the Wilson Di11s at the outing. It's fun to be in the shopping mode :thumb:

No you wont. We both know that. :act-up:

No you wont. We both know that. :act-up:

I got to give the man credit, his ability to read minds is scary :hypnotized:

FUnny thing is, I think he will find even more to hit. We all know it's just never enough lol. That's part of the fun.

I said CG16 Tours. But I will be happy with my prediction of either side since the rest of the bag is right.

Ironically, Gray will be at the THP Demo Day in 2 months and have nothing to hit. But he will be an insider of course.

Leupold Gx-1. I've looked through the range finder and like it, but I must ask everyone who uses one - do they lower your scores enough to justify the cost?

Tap before talk.

Leupold Gx-1. I've looked through the range finder and like it, but I must ask everyone who uses one - do they lower your scores enough to justify the cost?

Tap before talk.

Do you pace yardages and are you accurate with it? Then you might not need it. Do you know how far you hit your irons but find yourself having the wrong club often? Then it's definitely worth it.

Do you pace yardages and are you accurate with it? Then you might not need it. Do you know how far you hit your irons but find yourself having the wrong club often? Then it's definitely worth it.

At my home course, I know my yardages. The problem is, my home course's yardages are off! And I don't do much pacing, because to be honest - I'm not very accurate. (look at me trying to justify the purchase)

Hard core pondering a 3w...after realizing that my driver was not going to play well for me yesterday, I really could've used a 3w yesterday as a substitute banger.

I haven't hit many as of yet because that's what the Outing will be for but the one that I hit at the Hanks Putter Shoot-Out, the Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 3w, could go in my bag tomorrow and I'd be happy with it.

That's some pretty good pondering my friend. I went M1 over my 3w but I will definitely be giving some of them a go at demo day. It's nice to have that insurance.

Hard core pondering a 3w...after realizing that my driver was not going to play well for me yesterday, I really could've used a 3w yesterday as a substitute banger.

I haven't hit many as of yet because that's what the Outing will be for but the one that I hit at the Hanks Putter Shoot-Out, the Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 3w, could go in my bag tomorrow and I'd be happy with it.

yeah and I'm thinking I'll shorten it a bit so I can hit it off the deck consistently for when/if I hit a Tiger drive that only goes 100yds or so. Unless I get totally blown away by a M2 or M1 Abrams as G4L calls his....
That's some pretty good pondering my friend. I went M1 over my 3w but I will definitely be giving some of them a go at demo day. It's nice to have that insurance.

Heavy panting I mean pondering going on over the TaylorMade Tour Maranello Ghost (TM-880 Tour) putter right now. I held it in my lap, I rolled putt after putt and a love affair blossomed this weekend. WOW!
DSC05599.jpg

Heavy panting I mean pondering going on over the TaylorMade Tour Maranello Ghost (TM-880 Tour) putter right now. I held it in my lap, I rolled putt after putt and a love affair blossomed this weekend. WOW!
DSC05599.jpg

Dude that putter is HAWT!! I like it.

DSC05599.jpg

I love the look of the Maranello, that one right there looks amazing. I think you need to OEM that soon

Golf show in town over the weekend has got me pondering. They had a TM-770 Ghost there and I was really digging it. The new Pure Roll insert is real nice. Also hit the Di11s and last years D-FY irons. D-FY had a higher launch and felt nicer than the Di11s to me. I'm now a believer in the Half and Half shafts.

DSC05599.jpg

Oh my. I'd end the affair and slap a ring on her...

At my home course, I know my yardages. The problem is, my home course's yardages are off! And I don't do much pacing, because to be honest - I'm not very accurate. (look at me trying to justify the purchase)

I'm not trying to steer you away from the purchase! Go for it!

awesome looking flat stick P4B....I don't think the Mrs. has to know about her so just get it lol

I'm not trying to steer you away from the purchase! Go for it!

I know you weren't! You were being a voice of reason in helping me decide if it would be a worthwhile purchase.

Tap before talk.

I'm pondering some e5's.

P4B if you are anything like me once you have your eye set on a new club there is no turning back. I always find some way to get a club I want, whether it be selling off something I have in order to pay for it or whatever I need to do...my wife thinks if I want to make it to the 2012 demo day bad enough I would sell her off :D

I am looking at two things right now. Wedges and golf shoes. Can't decide which one I wanna sink my next check into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back