Choosing loft with adjustable drivers

yahtzee

Novice
Reaction score
Looking at the 910 drivers and am curious about which loft to get. If I go to 9.5 and adjust up does that increase spin or lower it?

Moved over to club fitting.

I'm not asking this question because I'm going to hop out and buy one because of this thread. It was one of those "how does it work" type posts. Do you know?

I believe increasing the loft lowers spin. That is why you see some beginners go with 12* or so drivers when they first start so they can avoid the extra spin they get with a lower lofted driver.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe increasing the loft lowers spin. That is why you see some beginners go with 12* or so drivers when they first start so they can avoid the extra spin they get with a lower lofted driver.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Im not claiming to be an expert, but I think its the other way around. The more loft the club has on it the more angled the face will be thus creating more spin when the ball leaves the face. The flatter the face the less angled the face. Same theory with irons which is why you would get more spin from more lofted irons as opposed to less lofted longer irons. But again this is just my opinion.

Im not claiming to be an expert, but I think its the other way around. The more loft the club has on it the more angled the face will be thus creating more spin when the ball leaves the face. The flatter the face the less angled the face. Same theory with irons which is why you would get more spin from more lofted irons as opposed to less lofted longer irons. But again this is just my opinion.

After reading up I think you are right. I am not sure where I got that idea from because it makes total sense that a face with more loft will generate more spin. I just swear I read that somewhere but you are right.

So, with that said......would it make sense to consider a 9.5* that could be adjusted up or a 10.5* that could be adjusted down given that I dont want a fade bias?

So, with that said......would it make sense to consider a 9.5* that could be adjusted up or a 10.5* that could be adjusted down given that I dont want a fade bias?

It depends on your current trajectory, if you hit it high go with a 9.5, if you hit a low ball go with the 10.5* I think fade and draw are one of the lower considerations on the spectrum compared to trajectory when considering loft. Your fade can be easily adjusted by closing the face a good amount.

The higher loft will put less side spin on the ball and limit the slice, compared to a lower loft, all other things being equal.

It depends on your current trajectory, if you hit it high go with a 9.5, if you hit a low ball go with the 10.5* I think fade and draw are one of the lower considerations on the spectrum compared to trajectory when considering loft. Your fade can be easily adjusted by closing the face a good amount.

And this will also lower the trajectory.

It also depends if you're talking backspin or sidespin. I think more loft will typically increase backspin, but decrease sidespin.

Well that's an interesting thread revival.

THPing on Tapatalk

Well that's an interesting thread revival.

THPing on Tapatalk

At least they're being active and searching the site before making new threads.:act-up:

Back