Am I good enough for the Superfast 2.0 TP?

yahtzee

Novice
Reaction score
I played all last season with the Superfast 1.0 TP and recently bought the Superfast 2.0 TP to replace it. Most of my misses are a high fade so I lose a good amount of distance and am forced to scramble (which unfortunately I have become pretty good at) to get up and down....I am not usually out of play just shorter than I know I can be and sometimes in the rough. With the fade bias of this club would I be better suited to check out something like the 910 D2/D3 with its adjustability? I played the R11 for a few days and was straighter but was 10-15 yds shorter than the Superfast....maybe revisiting that club with a different shaft would make sense...I really like TM gear but just got the 910F and the 910H and love them. Suggestions?

I played all last season with the Superfast 1.0 TP and recently bought the Superfast 2.0 TP to replace it. Most of my misses are a high fade so I lose a good amount of distance and am forced to scramble (which unfortunately I have become pretty good at) to get up and down....I am not usually out of play just shorter than I know I can be and sometimes in the rough. With the fade bias of this club would I be better suited to check out something like the 910 D2/D3 with its adjustability? I played the R11 for a few days and was straighter but was 10-15 yds shorter than the Superfast....maybe revisiting that club with a different shaft would make sense...I really like TM gear but just got the 910F and the 910H and love them. Suggestions?

The first thing I noticed and am a little curious on why you decided to go with an open face club with weight in the toe when your typical miss is a high fade? Seems like you'd be a little better suited to something closed or like you said some adjustability to close the face.

It's not really a matter of If you are good enough for it, it's alike to the non TP but just different characteristics. I think it's a matter of if will it suit your game?

The first thing I noticed and am a little curious on why you decided to go with an open face club with weight in the toe when your typical miss is a high fade? Seems like you'd be a little better suited to something closed or like you said some adjustability to close the face.

I agree, the regular Superfast 2.0 (non tp) has a square face which would be better for you if your miss is right.

Great question and I dont know why I bought this particular club...I tried the regular burner and was very long but dispersion was right AND left....would it hurt if I picked that club back up and just shortened the shaft a bit?

Great question and I dont know why I bought this particular club...I tried the regular burner and was very long but dispersion was right AND left....would it hurt if I picked that club back up and just shortened the shaft a bit?

nope, that would be fine. I have heard of allot of people cutting the shaft down in the 2.0 non tp and its worked like a charm.

I agree, the regular Superfast 2.0 (non tp) has a square face which would be better for you if your miss is right.

I agree with this. No sense to get on open face club if you hit fades or farther right.

edit: The shaft in my superfast 3w is .5" shorter than stock. Has an aftermarket shaft but I did not notice any distance loss of it being .5" shorter than the stock.

Listed in BST.....not really sure why I do this to myself but this time I will try to listen to what folks recommend....ugh. Thanks.

Listed in BST.....not really sure why I do this to myself but this time I will try to listen to what folks recommend....ugh. Thanks.

Im just curious here, but did you just buy the TP because it says TP? I mean no disrespect by that but just thought it was odd that you went with a TP knowing you hit fades. It really doesnt matter one way or the other, I was just curious.

Not specifically because it said TP but because I like the look of the head much better. No offense taken.

maybe I'm wrong,but the way I read it is-now, I own the Burner 2.0 TP my miss is a high fade. Is this correct? Are the shafts the same in both superfast drivers you own?

I only own the Superfast 2.0 TP. The shaft is a Matrix HD6. The Superfast 2.0 that I owned had the longer stock Matrix Ozik shaft in it.

I only own the Superfast 2.0 TP. The shaft is a Matrix HD6. The Superfast 2.0 that I owned had the longer stock Matrix Ozik shaft in it.

I believe this is your qoute "I played all last season with the Superfast 1.0 TP and recently bought the Superfast 2.0 TP to replace it." As I read that,Im gathering ,now that you own the 2.0 vs the 1.0 you are hitting high fades? Or were you also hitting high fades with the 1.0 as well?

The main purpose of the longer shaft was to help people with slower swing speeds pick up a little more clubhead speed. So if you generate a good amount of clubhead speed already shortening the shaft should not hurt you at all and it will improve your control.

Edit: On the other hand instead of buying a whole new driver AGAIN you could look at putting a shaft in the 2.0 TP with a softer flex than whats in it now to see if that may help straighten your ball flight out .

Sorry, I sold the 1.0 to go to the 2.0.

How tall are you? I'm only about 5'8", and the longer shaft in the SuperFast 1.0 gave me a lot of problems when I demoed it. I too was thinking of cutting it down an inch or so had I decided to get it.

Where did you purchase your club from? Do they have any return policy on gently played clubs within so many days? Maybe you could return it and try another club like the regular burner 2.0. I would have bought the TP as well compared to the regular version because I don't like the head shape of the regular 2.0, so I can't blame you for giving that one a try.

Good thought. Its definitely in mint shape.
Where did you purchase your club from? Do they have any return policy on gently played clubs within so many days? Maybe you could return it and try another club like the regular burner 2.0. I would have bought the TP as well compared to the regular version because I don't like the head shape of the regular 2.0, so I can't blame you for giving that one a try.

If you like the look of the head then you also could always buy another 2.0 TP one degree lower than you had and then have it bent closed one degree. That way your playable loft is still the same. And if you need, throw a little lead tape on the heel of the head as well. This would make it play a bit like the reg 2.0 but give you the look of the head that you want.

Well, my Titleist run was very short. I can't get the fact that I was hitting the 910 better on the LM than I did on course. I was in the fairway in places that I have never been (short) with the 910. Sure, my SFTP 2.0 pushed a little right but it was still longer than the 910 by a good margin. Can a standard clubfitter bend the SFTP to a neutral position or would I have to order it that way from TM?

i hit both superfast 2.0s tp and normal i couldnt hit the tp for toffee but the normal i just smash the ball i had a high ballooning flight with the 10.5* but i had a nice flight with the 9.5*. did you test all the options available or did you just buy it for the sake of buying it?

i hit both superfast 2.0s tp and normal i couldnt hit the tp for toffee but the normal i just smash the ball i had a high ballooning flight with the 10.5* but i had a nice flight with the 9.5*. did you test all the options available or did you just buy it for the sake of buying it?

No, I didn't buy it for the sake of buying it. I gamed the 1.0 SFTP all of last season and loved it. The 2.0 is even better. I got a video lesson yesterday and found out what was causing my distance loss and my pushes to the right. That is being fixed and hopefully the SFTP 2.0 or the R11 TP will work out for me.

Back