Srixon Z-Star Driver

FAIrwaygolfusa.com has them on there site but I do not know if that is a reliable choice to buy from as I have never heard of them before.

But, they are the only site that I see that has them

it was listed for $399.99

They are a very reliable source to buy. I've bought plenty items from them. However, you may want to consider Golfsmith as well. They have 90/90 on golf drivers, that maybe a good way to perform a test drive. Good luck!

I'm getting one of those, that is a given.
The proshop worker at my local Golftown will contact me as soon as a demo arrives....(as per the Cleveland rep)!
I am a SRIXON woods enthusiast, I have a W-506 w/stock SV 3004, a W-506 w/ProLaunch Blue that I had 1" added, a Z-rw w/stock SV 3014. (By-passed the Z-tx when I heard about the Z-star)
I also have both Z-steel 3W & 3W+ along with the 5W.

BUT HERE'S MY PROBLEM

The SRIXON Z-star driver made the Golf Digest "Hot List" but, only got "silver".
IMO it did not make "Gold" b/c of only ONE negative comment: "A driver that requires an APP to decode? REALLY?"

I don't have an iPad, nor do I have any intention of getting one. I have my full share of difficulty trying to get along with my PC. Whenever in doubt in front of my screen, the wheels under my chair start spinning backwards.
My question is: Is there ANY way to download that APP (or any other instructions) to my PC?

Last edited:
Couple of things.

I would not put any stock at all in the Hot List in determining how you should choose your driver.

No app is needed for "decoding". Does the R11 have one? Or the 910 D2?
Of course not.

This was something EXTRA that Srixon puts out if someone wants more information. I have been using this driver for close to 6 months and the app is not even released as of yet.

Couple of things.

I would not put any stock at all in the Hot List in determining how you should choose your driver.

No app is needed for "decoding". Does the R11 have one? Or the 910 D2?
Of course not.

This was something EXTRA that Srixon puts out if someone wants more information. I have been using this driver for close to 6 months and the app is not even released as of yet.

WOOOOWWWWW!
Thank you for the instant reply. :clapp:

WOOOOWWWWW!
Thank you for the instant reply. :clapp:

Of course, that is what we are here for. If you are anything like me in driver search, you will not be let down by this one. Incredible driver.

Until a few weeks ago, I didn't know you existed. I found a reply to a thread on the "other site" that pointed me in this direction.

Glad I found you! I'll stick around for awhile.

Until a few weeks ago, I didn't know you existed. I found a reply to a thread on the "other site" that pointed me in this direction.

Glad I found you! I'll stick around for awhile.

If you do a search for "The Morgan Cup", I have a feeling you might stick around...hehe

I promise its worth it.

JB, I'm considering officially starting a petition to get this one in more shops. Stopped off at PGA SS and they said probably wouldnt be in unless they had tons of demand. I asked if me coming in everyday for the next month or two would help haha. He loves Srixon though so I'm hoping it will be in for demo.

I think the app is the coolest thing in the world. I wish all adjustable drivers had that.

JB, I'm considering officially starting a petition to get this one in more shops. Stopped off at PGA SS and they said probably wouldnt be in unless they had tons of demand. I asked if me coming in everyday for the next month or two would help haha. He loves Srixon though so I'm hoping it will be in for demo.

I think the app is the coolest thing in the world. I wish all adjustable drivers had that.

ya the APP is a pretty cool idea, im sure others will follow in the future

I'm gonna be sad if this driver is as hard to find as it sounds like it's going to be

Cleveland demo day yesterday at a small local shop. Had to stop by to see if they had the Z-Star, and they did!
My first impression was, wow, the head is big! For some reason I was imagining a smaller head I guess. Of course I had to try it, and my first thought was "substantial." I do not mean heavy, but in a good way, kind of like a Mercedes S550 substantial. The feel of impact was consistent with the initial feel(substantial), it felt like a "thud" not a "whack", if you know what I mean. For comparison, I would say my current favorite driver Razr Hawk to be a "whack." That said, it feels like the Razr has a hotter face than the Z-STAR.
It was indoors in a tiny bay, so I have no idea of where the ball was going other than the monitor, but it did say every single shot was either dead straight or a baby draw. According to the monitor I was only hitting it 225 to 230 which seems a little short for me, but I don't give that too much weight. Launch angle was good for me around 13.5 and spin was below 3000.
I only had a chance to hit 7 or 8 balls due to limited time I had, but definitely interested in trying these sticks again outdoors.

Although off topic, the pro showed me cross section of the C.Kua shaft compared to an Aldila NV, and the shaft wall is about half to two thirds of the thickness of Aldila. I was really surprised to see how thin it was.

I called every proshop in my home town today and NO ONE will carry them. So I think I am stuck in a pickle....

I can order one online and try it out and if I do not like it sell it/return it

or

scratch it off the list and get the cleveland....which is the other one on the top of my list

However, the advantage to the srixon really is the fact that I can really just get it with a stiff shaft and get it set up for me so it almost eliminates the need for a fitting since I know that I need stiff flex shafts....

UH!

Tried Golf Galaxy in Orlando and called the PGA Tour Stop and nobody has it or will carry it any time soon if ever. Might have hope for it to be at a demo day the Tour Stop is having at the end of the month. If not? Ugh.

Makes THP Outings even more exclusive and happening...:act-up:

This driver is definitely going to get some play at the Demo Day :) This will be one of the first ones I want to hit because it does not look like Ill be getting a chance anytime soon haha.

JB, I think it would be really interesting if at the demo day you had people compare the srixon and the new clevelands side by side since they both have the myazaki shafts and are from the same parent company

Ill definitely be hitting both. But they do seem like different drivers so it may be hard to really compare. Even with the Cleveland line, there are distinct differences between the 3 models. But thats for another thread lol.

I will say, I'm really REALLY intrigued by the Dromos shaft.

JB, I think it would be really interesting if at the demo day you had people compare the srixon and the new clevelands side by side since they both have the myazaki shafts and are from the same parent company

All well and good for those who can attend, but the rest of us seem to be SOL. :(

JB -

Will this be available at any point with the heavier Dromos shafts or will we only have access to the 62g in the US?

I just ordered mine yesterday, after I demo'ed one. It just felt right! My hands were a bit to big for the grip though, so I will have to pu a midsize on it, resulting a tiny bit of extra weight. My local pro said that it might have a slight effect on the swingweight, any of you have any experience with this?

I just ordered mine yesterday, after I demo'ed one. It just felt right! My hands were a bit to big for the grip though, so I will have to pu a midsize on it, resulting a tiny bit of extra weight. My local pro said that it might have a slight effect on the swingweight, any of you have any experience with this?

Winn grips have the lightweight mid size grips. You might want to consider them.

JB -

Will this be available at any point with the heavier Dromos shafts or will we only have access to the 62g in the US?

I've been chatting with Patty and Dennis with Blind9Golf and they have confirmed through their Cleveland rep that the other shaft options will be available in the US, but not until March 15th. The 62g will have reg, stiff, X felx; the 72g shaft will have stiff only; the 83g shaft will be X only. (They've been loads of help!)

I just received a call from the golf shop and my Z-Star driver is in.
Going to pick it up after work and go to the range.

I just received a call from the golf shop and my Z-Star driver is in.
Going to pick it up after work and go to the range.

Don't leave us hanging, man - you've had at least 2 days to hit it now, you owe us a review! ;-)

I should be getting mine from blind9golf on Monday...I can't wait! It shouls arrive in time for me to put it in play in a tournament on the 26th March.

Back