What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got hit up on twice and it completely frazzled me and the second time was right as I was swinging in the fairway. .

That's a Big pet peeve of mine.

When I get frazzeled I have to take a minute or two to regain my composure and forget the last hole, in some cases the last five holes.

did you do something or say anything? i hate when that happens

I was walking so the guy I played with who was riding went back after the second ball to say something. I don't know if I would have gone back if I was riding. I really hate confrontation and the amount of anger I was feeling at the time I'm not sure I could have handled the situation well.

Got to play a full 18 for the first time this season yesterday. I played from the Middle Tees and shot I believe my best round ever: 84. The front nine was great for me. Started with a birdie, followed promptly by a double, then 3 pars, bogey, 3 pars, bogey. Made the turn +3. The back 9 was a little rough in comparison but nothing worse than double bogey. I lost a ball on a par 5 but was still able to save par (yup it was short!) with the penalty.

All in all, it feels good to be able to play frequently, making my pretty inconsistent game slightly more consistent.

did you do something or say anything? i hate when that happens

That's a Big pet peeve of mine.

When I get frazzeled I have to take a minute or two to regain my composure and forget the last hole, in some cases the last five holes.

I tried hard to compose myself Mardin but I just couldn't. The second one really just sent me over the edge

Sucks when someone/thing gets you upset and ruins what is supposed to be a relaxing round of golf.

I was the guy playing with chunkylover77 yesterday, and he was having an awesome round. I had to go back and say something, but it was obvious that he was frazzled and could not get back to where he was earlier in the round. I was really aggravated by it and went back to the guy and made sure it didn't happen again, but it was too late. I on the other hand seem to play better angry. 48 on the front, 42 on the back. I didn't realize i was going good on the back, just wasn't paying attention. 3 putt bogey on 18 after par, par, birdie 15, 16, and 17. Really would have loved to break 90, but i am going in the right direction. Had trouble putting again. 3 putted 4 of the first 5 holes. Round killer.

Played Saturday after getting all my clubs bent to close some gaps. It is unreal how much difference 2 degrees makes on a PW. Shot 77. Wasn't too happy with the round though since I was killing my driver to where I had several 30 yards pitch shots into greens. I had my 60 bent to a 58 and could never seem to get it dialed in. Time to go to the range for a few practice sessions.

Didn't keep score yesterday because I was testing the Polaras, but I did make 5 birdies and an eagle. They definitely go straight, but it was only 6050 from the tips so par 5s were easily reachable. Here's where I left my second in to the par 5 13th and drained it for eagle. Just felt like sharing because I certainly have never had that many birds in a round and I think it's my first clean on in 2 and make the putt for eagle.
adabaddc-4b49-7b5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't keep score yesterday because I was testing the Polaras, but I did make 5 birdies and an eagle. They definitely go straight, but it was only 6050 from the tips so par 5s were easily reachable. Here's where I left my second in to the par 5 13th and drained it for eagle. Just felt like sharing because I certainly have never done had that many birds in a round and I think it's my first clean on in 2 and make the putt for eagle.
adabaddc-4b49-7b5b.jpg

Whoa!!! 5 birds and an eagle. That is pretty amazing, man! Congrats on such an awesome round.

Whoa!!! 5 birds and an eagle. That is pretty amazing, man! Congrats on such an awesome round.

Thanks. It was the balls though. I guess it tells me if I can keep it in the fairway I can have some good holes. I still threw in some bad holes though trying to play the hero shots over the safer shots.

Edit: And the fact it was 6050 from the tips helped quite a bit.

Didn't keep score yesterday because I was testing the Polaras, but I did make 5 birdies and an eagle. They definitely go straight, but it was only 6050 from the tips so par 5s were easily reachable. Here's where I left my second in to the par 5 13th and drained it for eagle. Just felt like sharing because I certainly have never had that many birds in a round and I think it's my first clean on in 2 and make the putt for eagle.
adabaddc-4b49-7b5b.jpg

So the Polaras is legit? haha

So the Polaras is legit? haha

As long as you play a short course with somewhat receptive greens they certainly make it easier.

well i couldnt play saturday due to snow, but it had thawed by yesterday so went out for a round.
on to normal tees so course was back to full length.

everything just worked, even my bad shots were good. started par, par, birdie, par, nothing worse than a bogey on the front 9 for a 38, then coming back started par, bogey, par. bogey due to a silly 3 putt from short range. i had beat my playing partner 8&6 by this point and he couldnt take any more so we walked in.

great day when everything worked. just hope i can carry it over to next week :)

well i couldnt play saturday due to snow, but it had thawed by yesterday so went out for a round.
on to normal tees so course was back to full length.

everything just worked, even my bad shots were good. started par, par, birdie, par, nothing worse than a bogey on the front 9 for a 38, then coming back started par, bogey, par. bogey due to a silly 3 putt from short range. i had beat my playing partner 8&6 by this point and he couldnt take any more so we walked in.

great day when everything worked. just hope i can carry it over to next week :)

If the CONGU handicap is the same as USGA I'm kind of curious why you didn't finish your round since it seems you had a chance at breaking 80 with a 16.4 handicap? Hope you don't mind me asking just a little curious.

Well I choked today. Had my first real chance in a while to break 80 and blew it on the last two holes! I shot 81 with a double and single bogie coming home. Oh well just need to play more. My short game is awesome right now but I have completely lost my iron swing. I feel lost with it right now.

hi mate, dont mind at all, CONGU is slightly different to USGA. Think the main thing is that it uses CSS on the day rather than course slope but as it wasnt an official medal round there would have been no CSS and it wouldnt have counted towards handicap. if it was for handicap i would have finished for sure :)

hi mate, dont mind at all, CONGU is slightly different to USGA. Think the main thing is that it uses CSS on the day rather than course slope but as it wasnt an official medal round there would have been no CSS and it wouldnt have counted towards handicap. if it was for handicap i would have finished for sure :)

I get it. Thanks for the info and response.

As long as you play a short course with somewhat receptive greens they certainly make it easier.

well, thats one hell of a round you had!

had a horrendous round today
50/47
2 triples 5 doubles and only 2 pars... it was brutal
the only positive i had today was the par 3s and i parred 2 of them
i had the case of the disappearing golf balls in teh middle of the fw's... even my playing partners knew exactly where they went and we still couldnt find them
happened 4x
chipping is absolutely killing me where i just stopped hitting wedges all together and started bumping them with 8i... and that didnt even work
i lipped out every single putt... every single one of them... even the tap ins
all i could do was laugh

50/47
i had the case of the disappearing golf balls in teh middle of the fw's... even my playing partners knew exactly where they went and we still couldnt find them
happened 4x
chipping is absolutely killing me where i just stopped hitting wedges all together and started bumping them with 8i... and that didnt even work
all i could do was laugh

At least you have the ability to laugh it off.

50/47
happened 4x
all i could do was laugh

Been there, and laughing is the only thing you can do.

81 at The Home Course. (38/43) 3 doubles on the back. :(

Today was a fantastic day for me. First of all I shot my best round of the year with a 40 + 39 = 79 . The day started with a double on the first hole (par 5) so I was not a happy camper. I played decent golf until hole #5 which is 138 yards from the white tees. I pulled out a nine iron, and the ball flew with a pretty little draw and,

Spoiler
:banana::bananadance::D:blob::clapp::cool::drinks::golf2::rockon::thumb: went in the hole for my first ever hole in one! 60 years old and on March 14th, 2011 it happened .

In the pic you will notice the ball mark on the right side of the hole!

Today was a fantastic day for me. First of all I shot my best round of the year with a 40 + 39 = 79 . The day started with a double on the first hole (par 5) so I was not a happy camper. I played decent golf until hole #5 which is 138 yards from the white tees. I pulled out a nine iron, and the ball flew with a pretty little draw and,

Spoiler
:banana::bananadance::D:blob::clapp::cool::drinks::golf2::rockon::thumb: went in the hole for my first ever hole in one! 60 years old and on March 14th, 2011 it happened .

In the pic you will notice the divot on the right side of the hole

That's awesome Gray!!!! Congrats!!! :bananadance::clapp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back