TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Haha great because I am hoping for a 3 wood, but am happy with anything. I've done a huge skim already but did you give a mini-review already?

No sir. I think I'm going to the indoor range this evening or Wednesday. I hit a junk ball into the woods and the sound of this thing is different than my 3 wood. More a deep sound than the ping of the superfast.

Edit: this thing is so easy to keep in tempo. I can't wait to get some range time in.

Tap before talk.

No sir. I think I'm going to the indoor range this evening or Wednesday. I hit a junk ball into the woods and the sound of this thing is different than my 3 wood. More a deep sound than the ping of the superfast.

Edit: this thing is so easy to keep in tempo. I can't wait to get some range time in.

Tap before talk.

Nice, looking forward to your review WM. Mine just left Greensboro, NC this morning. :(

Nice, looking forward to your review WM. Mine just left Greensboro, NC this morning. :(

Mine too. It's got a long ways to go before arriving Friday. I hope it arrives Friday. I booked some sim time for first thing Saturday morning!

Mine too. It's got a long ways to go before arriving Friday. I hope it arrives Friday. I booked some sim time for first thing Saturday morning!

Ya I'm not expecting mine this week either.

Does anyone have a list for the shaft offerings for the Fairway Wood? I am kind of confused can you get any shaft made to fit in the R11 or does it have to be offered already sleeved by TM?

Ya I'm not expecting mine this week either.

Does anyone have a list for the shaft offerings for the Fairway Wood? I am kind of confused can you get any shaft made to fit in the R11 or does it have to be offered already sleeved by TM?

(possible skim alert)
As in, in the shaft you're going to be testing? I know they all come stock with the blur. After a few rounds we are allowed to change grips, but I'd double check before messing with the shaft.

Tap before talk.

(possible skim alert)
As in, in the shaft you're going to be testing? I know they all come stock with the blur. After a few rounds we are allowed to change grips, but I'd double check before messing with the shaft.

Tap before talk.

Ya I am going to test it for the full 3 months without changing the shaft and then if I don't like it change it after. Won't be changing any time soon I'm just curious.

Don't even look at how bad the swing is, I would make this audio only if I could. Listen to the solid sound of this thing. It shot of the face extremely hot, and exactly where I was aiming.

9 Iron: If you check on TM's website, supposidly there is a MATT fitting center in Calgary though I can't find where (it shows up on the map of locations but I couldn't see if listed below in the business names). That would probably sort out which shaft would work better.

Dent:
The standard FW only has the Blur listed that I can see. If you go to the TP then you add in a bunch (Motore/PX/Speeder/Kai'li/Alpha/Radix/RIP/Ahina/HD7/Blur). Half of them can be swapped straight up, the other half are $100 upcharge

Don't even look at how bad the swing is, I would make this audio only if I could. Listen to the solid sound of this thing. It shot of the face extremely hot, and exactly where I was aiming.

Down the middle is always good! How was your contact, right in the center of the club face?

9 Iron: If you check on TM's website, supposidly there is a MATT fitting center in Calgary though I can't find where (it shows up on the map of locations but I couldn't see if listed below in the business names). That would probably sort out which shaft would work better.

I seen that before, thanks. Strange how they've got it on the map, but no contact info. If the time comes, I'll look into it more.

Sounds like a solid thud instead of a ping. Does it have any ping to it at all WM? It's a little hard to tell from the video.

Dent:
The standard FW only has the Blur listed that I can see. If you go to the TP then you add in a bunch (Motore/PX/Speeder/Kai'li/Alpha/Radix/RIP/Ahina/HD7/Blur). Half of them can be swapped straight up, the other half are $100 upcharge

Thanks Tuna!!

Dent, Im not sure if this is part of what you were asking or not but down the road if you want to change the shaft you can put any shaft you want in it. You just have to have it tipped with the R11 adapter.

Sounds like a solid thud instead of a ping. Does it have any ping to it at all WM? It's a little hard to tell from the video.

Thanks Tuna!!

It sounds a bit more "pingy" in person but it does have a thud to it. Definitely a different sound, but I love it!

Tap before talk.

a6898e62-8f59-91b4.jpg

Not perfectly square, but solid none the less.

Tap before talk.

lol nice video but i have never seen anybody hit one with the plastic still on it.

lol nice video but i have never seen anybody hit one with the plastic still on it.

I didn't want to get it dirty, haha.

Tap before talk.

I didn't want to get it dirty, haha.

Tap before talk.

Haha, yeah thats usually the hardest part of getting a new club is having to get it dirty for the first time.

I played golf today and used my new TaylorMade 7-wood four times. Each time was a treat. I teed off with it first on hole number six which is a short par four uphill. Nice high draw with jaw dropping distance. Hit a gap wedge up to the hole and made my par. Next hole hit a solid draw on a dogleg left down hill par five. I was 45 yards behind the fairway (blue) marker which had me at approx 245 yds to the back hole location. Put a smooth swing on the 7 - wood and hit a nice high draw just 20 yards from the front edge of the green. I putted from off the green to middle portion. Two more putts there for par. I teed off with it again on a dogleg right #13 hole and hit a nice tight bullet type draw off the right woods line into the middle of the fairway. My last shot was into our par 5 #17. I hooked my tee shot poorly to the left side into the bottom portion of the fairway. I had 260 to the hole and hit the 7-wood with another pretty draw leaving me 130 to the hole. Wedged on and made par. I had to change my setting on 7 - wood to the open position to combat my right to left shot and I am very pleased with the results!

I played golf today and used my new TaylorMade 7-wood four times. Each time was a treat. I teed off with it first on hole number six which is a short par four uphill. Nice high draw with jaw dropping distance. Hit a gap wedge up to the hole and made my par. Next hole hit a solid draw on a dogleg left down hill par five. I was 45 yards behind the fairway (blue) marker which had me at approx 245 yds to the back hole location. Put a smooth swing on the 7 - wood and hit a nice high draw just 20 yards from the front edge of the green. I putted from off the green to middle portion. Two more putts there for par. I teed off with it again on a dogleg right #13 hole and hit a nice tight bullet type draw off the right woods line into the middle of the fairway. My last shot was into our par 5 #17. I hooked my tee shot poorly to the left side into the bottom portion of the fairway. I had 260 to the hole and hit the 7-wood with another pretty draw leaving me 130 to the hole. Wedged on and made par. I had to change my setting on 7 - wood to the open position to combat my right to left shot and I am very pleased with the results!

Good for you Gray, Im really glad that your getting good performance out of this club so far. With you seeing this kind of distance from a 22* 7 wood I can't wait to hear what kind of distance we are going to see out of the others. Thanks for the feedback.

Nice gray, your doing a great job keeping us informed. Mine should be here tomorrow!

I have no doubt you guys are in for a treat. It such a pleasure to hit and I am not one to like fairway woods. Well not until recently!

I would but expect (and you should) to drop another $100-$200 on a shaft upgrade. If you don't then there would be no point.

I would but expect (and you should) to drop another $100-$200 on a shaft upgrade. If you don't then there would be no point.

So the stock shaft isn't going to work for anyone? What if someone gets ideal spin, launch, distance? Should they still switch it?

Tap before talk.

No reason to upgrade the shaft if the one he has is working for him. Just because you can get a shaft upgrade doesnt mean you should. Hell a $50 dollar shaft could work better than a $200 dollar shaft. Its not an "upgrade" unless its better for you.

Back